Page 28 of 34 FirstFirst ... 18242526272829303132 ... LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    the bertans trade is working its way up the list of worst trades in the buford era.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    the bertans trade is working its way up the list of worst trades in the buford era.
    You do agree that the trade for Morris was a good trade? So your mean Morris's bdumbasseness is the worst, which is still a stretch.

The real effective trade is lylea/Carrol which is TBD but so far looks at worse like a wash, trading spacing for defense and rebounding

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You do agree that the trade for Morris was a good trade? So your mean Morris's bdumbasseness is the worst, which is still a stretch.

The real effective trade is lylea/Carrol which is TBD but so far looks at worse like a wash, trading spacing for defense and rebounding
    i should have said "the most botched trade". it'd be nice if lyles could let us know whether he can shoot or not.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Lyles reminds Poop of Fat Head he probably still thinks he is on the team as to why he is starting
    1. Decent Rebounding
    2. Decent Vision
    3. Decent Ball control
    4. Doesn’t or Can’t shoot the ball

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I miss my Bert

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    And he hasn't started a game yet. Stupid thread bump by OP.
    He plays 30 mpg. He is a top 5 player on the team. Thing which should have happened with the Spurs too.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Good for Davis tbh. He gets to show out on a ty team.

He was always held to a different standard as other "shooters" on the team (unsurprisingly) as evidenced by last year's playoffs. His mins were cut almost immediately after he was shooting bad while losers like Beli and Patty were given a green light and heavy minutes despite them both being absolutely ing terrible from outside the entire series

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I feel like Davis has a better chance of entering that 3 pt contest elsewhere. he's in a contract year too. At this point, I think he is in a better position for his career. He wasn't going to play much in this Spurs. He Still would be between 8th and 10th in the rotation if he was in the team I think. Look at Demarre Carroll.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I miss my Bert

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    My man needs more shots, tbh. He's the best shooter on the team yet he's 8th on shots attempted per game? Something isn't right, tbh.
    I'm cool with him taking mostly threes. the Basketball Gods knows we need all the threes we can take. The thing is he needs to take more. We have one of the best 5 shooters in the entire World and he's averaging 5 shots per game. Pop needs to start calling some more plays for him coming off screens.
    Well, then the coaching staff should do something to feed him at the right spots. This guy isn't no Matt Bonner, he has one of the quickest triggers in the World, it shouldn't be that difficult to get him some more looks.
    Like Klay, like Korver, like Red . This is the type of role Bertans should have. Advanced metrics have proven that having these type of players on these type of roles is one of the best weapons you can have for an offense. We have one of the few guys that can pull this off, yet we underutilize him.

Drawn up plays for Bertans coming off screens.

My Team
    Los Angeles Clippers
    Post Count
    Contract Year Bertans >>> Kevin Love

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Good riddance. Great adjustment by Pop here tbh. Let me replace that idiot Messina on the bench. I tell it how it is.
    How bad do you have to see basketball to be a ing edge lord but still side with Pop regarding Bertans?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    thank god we have Carroll instead of him now to warm the bench. Another genius move by PATFO. Bertans was traded to bring in Morris, but he actually got traded for Carroll

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    First career double double. And 20 fga. Someone is gonna seriously overpay in the next offsesson for him. He's got all the freedom in the world right now.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He has played 0 minutes as SF just btw

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He has played 0 minutes as SF just btw
    lol what? He has played so much SF that BB pages are listing him as that now.

https://www.espn.in/nba/player/_/id/6426/davis-bertans

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    lol what? He has played so much SF that BB pages are listing him as that now.

https://www.espn.in/nba/player/_/id/6426/davis-bertans
    BB reference tracks it. I trust that more than a player profile. Do we know for certain what ESPN had him listed as the past few seasons?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    With as much as Pop protects minutes allocated to shooters in this team and having had favorites such as Bonner in the past, it remained puzzling to me Pop’s reluctance to play Davis more.

In 2016-17 when Kawhi made his move to sit out the season, Rudy Gay also missed a good chunk of time with bursitis (people now forget that) and Danny was injured at times that season too. Pop played Anderson (who also was injured for a time), and Bryn as wings. It puzzled me then that Pop didn’t play Davis as much. In fact it wasn’t until around February or March of that season when they suspected Kawhi wasn’t coming back for the rest of the season, that Davis got playing time. He was going to be a FA that summer so I thought, sneaky CIA Pop move to keep Davis from exploding in the FA market bc they wanted to re-sign him.

They did sign him in the summer but having let go of both Danny and Kyle, while adding only Marco to the wing crew (and rook Lonnie Walker who was destined for his token gleague stint), Pop still kept Davis in the deep bench to start the season and he still oscillated in role. It always felt to me that he should have gotten at least as many opportunities as Bryn got.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Surprise surprise, Davis Bertans is a SHOOTING forward not a POWER forward.

The SF the Spurs need starting is playing in Washington. What a miss by PATFO

By the way: F*****g Morris

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    BB reference tracks it. I trust that more than a player profile. Do we know for certain what ESPN had him listed as the past few seasons?
    BB position tracker is bull , tbh. If Bertans and Hachimura share the court they will say that Bertans plays PF while the rookie plays SF, when it's actually the other way around.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Also, yeah, Bertans was listed as PF last year on ESPN.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Frakken sux man! Davis is having a great year. All these guys need is playing time! Very few players are elite under any cir stance.. the rest just need support and PT. You are damn right the guy will fetch a low first rounder. Which college player today is guaranteed to give what hes doing?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think bertan needed the right coach to get him loose. Can you imagine what Walker would do if he has a long leash?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think bertan needed the right coach to get him loose. Can you imagine what Walker would do if he has a long leash?
    horry also complained about pop overcoaching players and forcing them to fit into a box instead of doing what they do. manu is the only guy i've actually seen off the leash

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Playing at a faster pace in a system that does not have as its main function to feed a post player. This is what really helped Bertans.

Thread Information