Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    We've got a job to do. Darth_Pelican's Avatar
    My Team
    New Orleans Pelicans
    Post Count
    Of course we beat the Rockets tonight, are 7-1 in our last 8, and look like the 3rd best team in the Western Conference, & then Cousins gets an achilles injury. This team is cursed.

Board Man Comes Home Clipper Nation's Avatar
    My Team
    Los Angeles Clippers
    Post Count

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    That can be a career destroyer if it's bad, tbh.

My Team
    New Orleans Pelicans
    Post Count
    This game was already BS with the amount of FTs the Rockets were getting and then this . It's whatever at this point.

We've got a job to do. Darth_Pelican's Avatar
    My Team
    New Orleans Pelicans
    Post Count
    This game was already BS with the amount of FTs the Rockets were getting and then this . It's whatever at this point.
    Just a huge blow for a small market team. It’s hard for Spurs fans to understand, because they are the exception; not the rule. The Pels had a chance to win a series this season & put a scare into a team in the 2nd round. That kind of success could have drawn a big name to come play with AD & Cousins next year. It’s a trickle down effect. Pels are 1 & done now, Cousins won’t re-sign, AD will eventually want out due to lack of team success, and the team will have to start from scratch. The margin of error for a franchise that will always be 2nd fiddle to the city’s NFL team is tiny. This was their chance. It’s gone now.

Believe.
    My Team
    Oklahoma City Thunder
    Post Count
    Just a huge blow for a small market team. It’s hard for Spurs fans to understand, because they are the exception; not the rule. The Pels had a chance to win a series this season & put a scare into a team in the 2nd round. That kind of success could have drawn a big name to come play with AD & Cousins next year. It’s a trickle down effect. Pels are 1 & done now, Cousins won’t re-sign, AD will eventually want out due to lack of team success, and the team will have to start from scratch. The margin of error for a franchise that will always be 2nd fiddle to the city’s NFL team is tiny. This was their chance. It’s gone now.
    Your fat cirrhotic re ed ass whining with all them tears
    Pelicans
    BRHornet
    New Orleans
    Ugly swamp of a waste that should have been swept away with Katrina
    Couldn't have happened to a more deserving team

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count

Board Man Comes Home Clipper Nation's Avatar
    My Team
    Los Angeles Clippers
    Post Count
    The Achilles didn't work out so well for the Lakers last time, but now you're trying to sign up for Round 2?

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    The Achilles didn't work out so well for the Lakers last time, but now you're trying to sign up for Round 2?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Spurs aren't exempt from it anymore. They were blessed with Tim for 19 years, but now they're on the verge of descending into the abyss as well. The NBA, despite the great ratings now, is close to imploding as well with all these super teams forming.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Awful news, prayers up for boogie.

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Damn, now the man-lesbian towers apologists gonna have an excuse.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Spurs are not immune to anything now that Kawhi is acting crazy.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Of course we beat the Rockets tonight, are 7-1 in our last 8, and look like the 3rd best team in the Western Conference, & then Cousins gets an achilles injury. This team is cursed.
    Sucks man...injuries are the make or break of the championship formula

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    We know who the Warriors are facing in the first round now.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Such a shame - if he had made that free throw, this never would've happened. And up 4, he really didn't need to go for it...but can't fault him for hustling.

36/7/7
    My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    Best player on the Pelicans done for the year

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That truly does suck. I posted in the Spurs forum yesterday/last night that I thought the Pelicans front court would absolutely wreck the Spurs in the playoffs and could upset not just the Spurs (even if fully healthy), but also other teams too. Five minutes later I read in another thread that Cousins got that horrific injury. Wow. That is terrible news.

Was Cousins talking about coming back next season? Was there any kind of commitment from him? If he was planning on leaving, you think Davis will want out?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    sad

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    yes very sad and it sux for him to happen before he was extended by Nola or signed elsewhere.
    I was on record saying i didnt want him for Lakers but he was starting to change my mind ...(only LeBron is a sure yes to me but highly doubtful he comes...)
    i say this injury makes anyone even nola crazy to sign him to a max deal ...unless somehow, its to convince Davis to stay...
    cousins already cant defend pnr on the perimeter (great at taking a charge tho) or rim protect ...my guess he eill be even worse at it now ...
    and on offense though he doesnt play explosively his agility
    at his size is what made him special and it will suffer...
    i feel for him and Nola fans ...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    they are not getting in the play offs.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If only it was Durant

My Team
    New Orleans Pelicans
    Post Count
    yes very sad and it sux for him to happen before he was extended by Nola or signed elsewhere.
    I was on record saying i didnt want him for Lakers but he was starting to change my mind ...(only LeBron is a sure yes to me but highly doubtful he comes...)
    i say this injury makes anyone even nola crazy to sign him to a max deal ...unless somehow, its to convince Davis to stay...
    cousins already cant defend pnr on the perimeter (great at taking a charge tho) or rim protect ...my guess he eill be even worse at it now ...
    and on offense though he doesnt play explosively his agility
    at his size is what made him special and it will suffer...
    i feel for him and Nola fans ...
    Cousins has been very good defensively this season. He's easily the Pels best defender protecting the rim, blocking shots, and rebounding. His value offensively takes a hit because he settles for too many threes and turns the ball over too much. His loss will kill the Pels defensively which is already bad. The Pels offense won't suffer as much because AD and Jrue are much more efficient offensively than Boogie.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I heard people say he was the Pelicans best player this season? I haven't watched any of their games, but I would have thought that would still be Davis. Now that you mention he was playing well on defense, I can see why people said he was your best overall player. Not sure if you agree with that, though?

My Team
    New Orleans Pelicans
    Post Count
    I heard people say he was the Pelicans best player this season? I haven't watched any of their games, but I would have thought that would still be Davis. Now that you mention he was playing well on defense, I can see why people said he was your best overall player. Not sure if you agree with that, though?
    Davis is easily the Pels best player. Cousins has been better defensively but Davis has been clearly much better offensively since he doesn't turn the ball over nearly as much and shoots at a much higher percentage. It's laughable to see anyone think Cousins is better. Cousins is too careless on offense. Settles for way too many perimeter shots and routinely has games of 5+ turnovers. You won't see those things from Davis who's a true franchise player. Only an AlexJones would think Cousins especially when he recently started a thread asking if Davis was on the decline

Thread Information