Page 10 of 14 FirstFirst ... 67891011121314 LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Anytime Media gets thwarted is a good day. They wanted Fed & they wanted Fed bad.

No.
    Media wanted Kawhi on the Lakers, tbh.

notthewordsofonewhokneels Thread's Avatar
    My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    No. Then they get 0 bites at the apple. This way they get 2 bites. They'll laud him no end on the Clippers & they beat us senseless for our failure to secure him.

Like Trump. Media gets 0 bites at the apple once he beat Hillary. They can't laud her non-stop & they can't torment him for losing to her.

#TrustinVlade Divac Doesnt Flop's Avatar
    My Team
    Sacramento Kings
    Post Count
    I wouldn't say they wanted it. Lot of people saying it would be a weak move to go to Lakers. Jalen Rose was hyping him staying in Toronto. The media is in the tank for the Knicks so they want everybody to go to NY.

My Team
    Sacramento Kings
    Post Count
    The only reason the Spurs fans are so brainwashed and anti-Kahwi now is because the media dogged him for expressing interest in the Lakers last season when he was injured. Non-stop Kahwi hate. Spurs are media darlings and have 50 ex-Spurs on tv all the time.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    WTF Vlade you are on the wrong thread
    Last edited by GAustex; 07-14-2019 at 04:05 PM.

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    Oh hey, a final between two of Nadal/Federer/Djokovic for the umpteenth time, what a surprise! Surely a sign of a healthy and compe ive sport.

My Team
    Sacramento Kings
    Post Count
    That was an epic final what are you complaining about. Not that many finals between 2 of the 3. Look at the lists of past finals.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    ESPN excluded?

We've got a job to do. Darth_Pelican's Avatar
    My Team
    New Orleans Pelicans
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Man Joker is right there!

My Team
    Chicago Bulls
    Post Count
    Federer is GOAT but Djokovic can overtake Nadal

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Dang, GOAT Federer had Championship Point and he lost all three of his sets on tiebreakers while handily winning the other two.

My Team
    Sacramento Kings
    Post Count
    I wonder how GOATy Fedz would be if the arenas weren't always in the tank for him. Imagine having to win 16 majors always in a hostile crowd, sometimes with them deliberately interupting you, as with the goons at Wimbledon every year for Djokovic. Fedz wouldn't win a thing.

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I wonder how GOATy Fedz would be if the arenas weren't always in the tank for him. Imagine having to win 16 majors always in a hostile crowd, sometimes with them deliberately interupting you, as with the goons at Wimbledon every year for Djokovic. Fedz wouldn't win a thing.
    Imagine Djokovic having to play Federer in his prime. He wouldn't have won an mf set.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think in the long run, these 3 guys won't be compared head to head by major tournament wins. There's too much variability. If all tournaments were clay Nadal would be the goat. But that's not the case. Djokovic will absolutely win the most major les but I don't think he can overtake fed as the goat without the benefit of a major in prime rival.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    19th slam for Nadal. Dude will end up as the winngest GS player and folks here will still say he isn't even a top 10 player ever.

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    19th slam for Nadal. Dude will end up as the winngest GS player and folks here will still say he isn't even a top 10 player ever.
    He might be the best of all-time on ice.

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Federer not winning match point at Wimbledon was a blow, tbh.

My Team
    Chicago Bulls
    Post Count

Djokovic stretched his Grand Slam winning streak against Federer to six in a row

Djokovic now leads their head-to-head series 27-23, including 11-6 at majors. Federer hasn't beaten him at one of the sport's four most important tournaments since 2012.

My Favorite Faded Fantasy The Gemini Method's Avatar
    My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Seems Joker has Federer's number especially at the Aussie. Don't follow tennis all that much. I imagine Roger's run isn't for much longer...

My Team
    Chicago Bulls
    Post Count
    Seems Joker has Federer's number especially at the Aussie. Don't follow tennis all that much. I imagine Roger's run isn't for much longer...
    Roger is injury prone at his older age. It has forced him to play more aggressive in early rounds to cut down on the number of sets his body logs. Roger actually came out strong yesterday but Novak is too powerful over 5 sets considering Roger's health

My Favorite Faded Fantasy The Gemini Method's Avatar
    My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Roger is injury prone at his older age. It has forced him to play more aggressive in early rounds to cut down on the number of sets his body logs. Roger actually came out strong yesterday but Novak is too powerful over 5 sets considering Roger's health
    To make it to the semifinal at his age and be pretty compe ive the past couple years is impressive. Do you see this being the last go round for Federer?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Federer was up 4-1 (40-0) in the first set before he fell apart.

My Team
    Chicago Bulls
    Post Count
    To make it to the semifinal at his age and be pretty compe ive the past couple years is impressive. Do you see this being the last go round for Federer?
    I am also a tennis novice. I would place the over/under at 1 more major le for Roger and I predict 2

Thread Information