Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast
    6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Sure. I'm just saying that folks were claiming he was done when he was 30 and 7 years later here we are. I'm not counting Federer out untill he retires, tbh.
    The dialogue was right. Federer looked like he was done for a time. He had a resurgence.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I guess it would be games, whatever words they use in tennis
    Yeah, games must be, but that's strange. If Rafa would have won 7-6, 7-6, 7-6. It would have been just a three games difference but a straight sets win, yet you can still lose on a 5 sets match. Doesn't make sense.

And 6-4, 6-2 Nadal, or even 6-3, 6-3, Isn't really that difficult, tbh, but I'm pulling for you bro.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yeah, games must be, but that's strange. If Rafa would have won 7-6, 7-6, 7-6. It would have been just a three games difference but a straight sets win, yet you can still lose on a 5 sets match. Doesn't make sense.

And 6-4, 6-2 Nadal, or even 6-3, 6-3, Isn't really that difficult, tbh, but I'm pulling for you bro.
    Ya, you can bet on games spread or you can bet on sets spread instead..Djokovic would have lost on sets today, but won on games IIRC, for example..

I've been winning on sets all tournament, but it's way more unlikely to see straight sets at this point where everybody is close in quality..

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If Novak wins Wimbeldon this era would have

Roger at 20
    Nadal at 18
    Novak at 13

This is one ing great era. All time GOAts going at each other.

Also the three best players of all time.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    HarlemHeat37 you were sweating bricks on that last game. Congrats son.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    HarlemHeat37 you were sweating bricks on that last game. Congrats son.
    My win negated by that other disgusting matchup, had over 45.5..Raonic melted down..

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If Novak wins Wimbeldon this era would have

Roger at 20
    Nadal at 18
    Novak at 13

This is one ing great era. All time GOAts going at each other.

Also the three best players of all time.
    20>18>13

There's one best, son.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Isner, Anderson, Djokovic, Nadal

Who you guys got?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Isner, Anderson, Djokovic, Nadal

Who you guys got?
    Nadal over Isner on the final.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think it's pretty good how Federer plays even when he's hurt because he's got so many fans. In the first 2 sets, you could see even though he was trying to end the points extremely quickly, he was making a ton of errors. Delpo & Nadal was awesome, but I'm backing Djoker to get it done if he doesn't have a meltdown.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Nah, you're right. A 5'7'' guy that doesn't know how to put topspin on a ball is a top 5 player over Djokovic.
    Strawman.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Head to head of some notable players that crossed generations

Sampras 6 - Henman 1
    Agassi 2 - Henman 2
    Nadal 2 - Henman 0
    Federer 7 - Henman 6

Sampras 5 - Haas 3
    Agassi 6 - Haas 4
    Nadal 5 - Haas 0
    Federer 13 - Haas 4

Sampras 12 - Ivanisevic 6
    Agassi 4 - Ivanisevic 3
    Nadal 2 - Ivanisevic 0
    Federer 2 - Ivanisevic 0

Sampras 4 - Santoro 3
    Agassi 3 - Santoro 3
    Nadal 1 - Santoro 0
    Federer 9 - Santoro 2

Sampras 3 - Moya 1
    Agassi 3 - Moya 1
    Nadal 6 - Moya 2
    Federer 7 - Moya 0

Sampras 4 - Hewitt 5
    Agassi 4 - Hewitt 4
    Nadal 7 - Hewitt 4
    Federer 18 - Hewitt 9

Sampras 3 - Safin 4
    Agassi 3 - Safin 3
    Nadal 2 - Safin 0
    Federer 10 - Safin 2

Sampras 1 - Rod 2
    Agassi 5 - Rod 1
    Nadal 7 - Rod 3
    Federer 21 - Rod 3

Sampras 0 - Federer 1
    Agassi 3 - Federer 8
    Agassi 0 - Nadal 2

Old guard

Wins: 71
    Loses: 57
    Winning pct: 55%

New guard

Wins: 129
    Loses: 38
    Winning pct: 77 %

Against the same compe ion, the new guard has a 22% better winning % than the old guard. You may want to come around to the idea that maybe it isn't that previous eras had more compe ion, maybe it is that today's top guys are just more dominant than older top guys.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    ^Yeah I agree. It's actually a strong era, but Fed and Rafa are just that good. They also probably fuel each other to keep playing and winning.

Too bad we won't get a rematch of the 2008 final...but Isner vs Anderson should be very interesting (and of course Nadal vs Djokovic).

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Head to head of some notable players that crossed generations

Sampras 6 - Henman 1
    Agassi 2 - Henman 2
    Nadal 2 - Henman 0
    Federer 7 - Henman 6

Sampras 5 - Haas 3
    Agassi 6 - Haas 4
    Nadal 5 - Haas 0
    Federer 13 - Haas 4

Sampras 12 - Ivanisevic 6
    Agassi 4 - Ivanisevic 3
    Nadal 2 - Ivanisevic 0
    Federer 2 - Ivanisevic 0

Sampras 4 - Santoro 3
    Agassi 3 - Santoro 3
    Nadal 1 - Santoro 0
    Federer 9 - Santoro 2

Sampras 3 - Moya 1
    Agassi 3 - Moya 1
    Nadal 6 - Moya 2
    Federer 7 - Moya 0

Sampras 4 - Hewitt 5
    Agassi 4 - Hewitt 4
    Nadal 7 - Hewitt 4
    Federer 18 - Hewitt 9

Sampras 3 - Safin 4
    Agassi 3 - Safin 3
    Nadal 2 - Safin 0
    Federer 10 - Safin 2

Sampras 1 - Rod 2
    Agassi 5 - Rod 1
    Nadal 7 - Rod 3
    Federer 21 - Rod 3

Sampras 0 - Federer 1
    Agassi 3 - Federer 8
    Agassi 0 - Nadal 2

Old guard

Wins: 71
    Loses: 57
    Winning pct: 55%

New guard

Wins: 129
    Loses: 38
    Winning pct: 77 %

Against the same compe ion, the new guard has a 22% better winning % than the old guard. You may want to come around to the idea that maybe it isn't that previous eras had more compe ion, maybe it is that today's top guys are just more dominant than older top guys.
    Maybe because when’s Sampras plays the old guard he was in his prime and when he plays the new guys he’s past his prime.

When fed played the old guys he’s not entering his prime and when he plays the new guard he is in his prime. Unless you want to say rod > Sampras and henman is as good as fed.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Maybe because when’s Sampras plays the old guard he was in his prime and when he plays the new guys he’s past his prime.

When fed played the old guys he’s not entering his prime and when he plays the new guard he is in his prime. Unless you want to say rod > Sampras and henman is as good as fed.
    Actually, the advantage was for the old guard, because they had the chance to face the new guys when they were just puppies coming up.

When Sampras and Federer met, Sampras was 29 and the number 1 seed at wimbledon, Federer was 19 and seeded 15. Yet Federer won. Do you think the result would have been different if the ages and roles were reversed?

When Rod and Sampras met, Sampras was 29 and the number 3 player in the World, Rod was 18 and not even in the top 100 I think, and Rod won. I'm not saying Rod is better than Sampras, I'm saying that Sampras wasn't as dominant as a Federer or a Nadal, that's why he was more likely to get upset by a junior.
    Last edited by DAF86; 07-12-2018 at 11:08 AM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Actually, the advantage was for the old guard, because they had the chance to face the new guys when they were just puppies coming up.

When Sampras and Federer met, Sampras was 29 and the number 1 seed at wimbledon, Federer was 19 and seeded 15. Yet Federer won. Do you think the result would have been different if the ages and roles were reversed?

When Rod and Sampras met, Sampras was 29 and the number 3 player in the World, Rod was 18 and not even in the top 100 I think, and Rod won. I'm not saying Rod is better than Sampras, I'm saying that Sampras wasn't as dominant as a Federer or a Nadal, that's why he was more likely to get upset by a junior.
    Tennis careers have lengthened considerably in the last decade or so due to training and medicine. When Connors won his last grand slam at 33 it was unheard of at the time. Yet it is relatively common nowadays. Michael chang won his one and only slam at 17. Sampras won his first when he was 19 and 13 of his 15 were won before 29 (he won one at 29 and another one at 31).

Compared to federer and nadal. The primes are just that much longer.

Federer won his first slam at 23, but 5 of his 20 came after he was 28

Nadal at 19 and 3 of his 17 after 28 when he’s only 32 now. Not to mention 11 of his 17 were French opens. There is simply a lack of compe ion on that surface.

Rod won his one and only at 21 which is only 3 years from his peak prime.

Sampras average age winning a grand slam was a little less than 25, federer at 27 and Nadal at 25 when he’s only 32 right now.

Players in tennis start hitting their primes early in the late teens early 20s. But players nowadays last a lot longer due to training and medicine. Also because it’s getting harder and harder to get in the field.

Are Nadal and federer more dominant? Sure they won more les. But are they better? I don’t believe so because the compe ion is weaker and primes last longer.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Tennis careers have lengthened considerably in the last decade or so due to training and medicine. When Connors won his last grand slam at 33 it was unheard of at the time. Yet it is relatively common nowadays. Michael chang won his one and only slam at 17. Sampras won his first when he was 19 and 13 of his 15 were won before 29 (he won one at 29 and another one at 31).

Compared to federer and nadal. The primes are just that much longer.

Federer won his first slam at 23, but 5 of his 20 came after he was 28

Nadal at 19 and 3 of his 17 after 28 when he’s only 32 now. Not to mention 11 of his 17 were French opens. There is simply a lack of compe ion on that surface.

Rod won his one and only at 21 which is only 3 years from his peak prime.

Sampras average age winning a grand slam was a little less than 25, federer at 27 and Nadal at 25 when he’s only 32 right now.

Players in tennis start hitting their primes early in the late teens early 20s. But players nowadays last a lot longer due to training and medicine. Also because it’s getting harder and harder to get in the field.

Are Nadal and federer more dominant? Sure they won more les. But are they better? I don’t believe so because the compe ion is weaker and primes last longer.
    Give me one, just one, reasonable argument to say that possibility can be considered true. And no, the dominance of guys like Federer, Nadal and Djokovic isn't a good argument.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Give me one, just one, reasonable argument to say that possibility can be considered true. And no, the dominance of guys like Federer, Nadal and Djokovic isn't a good argument.
    When players can dominate in the 30s in a sport that is all about speed and power, then it’s bad compe ion. How springy 20 year olds can’t out last a 35 year old is evidence in and of itself.

And thanks for ignoring the other points. I actually spent time typing them out you know.

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/ten...cid=spartanntp

Roided-up black tranny still going strong though.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    When players can dominate in the 30s in a sport that is all about speed and power, then it’s bad compe ion. How springy 20 year olds can’t out last a 35 year old is evidence in and of itself.

And thanks for ignoring the other points. I actually spent time typing them out you know.
    lol tennis being all speed and power.

Tennis is 75% skill. You can have the fastest, most powerful player on the World playing a game against a slow fatso, but if the fatso strikes the ball better than the other guy, he is going to win easily.

And I didn't respond to that other stuff because we have gone through that millions of times already. Besides, you made some mistakes, like saying Federer won his first slam at age 23.

There's not a single valid argument to mantain that this era is weaker than the previous one, none.

-% of victory against players that crossed eras- I already proved that the new guys win by a devastating majority.

-Eye test- undoubtfully if favour of this era, for anyone that is objective. Many players of previous eras had several weaknesses to their game and only got by by serving and volleying. You can't do that now. Yesterday's players always had a weak backhand, or a weak forehand, or weak both. Player nowadays are like 6'0'' to 6'6'' robots that hit 100 mph groundstrokes from either side. Just try to imagine a Michael Chang facing a Del Potro, for example. And I'm talking about Michael Chang, a player who got to be N° 2 in the World, vs Del Potro, who only got to N° 4.

-Surprise Grand Slam winners- Folks like Petr Korda, Andres Gomez, Thomas Johanson, Albert Costa and Gaston Gaudio got to win slams on that era, that's not parity son, that's mediocrity, tbh.
    Last edited by DAF86; 07-12-2018 at 02:28 PM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    still obsessed with trannies

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    still obsessed with trannies
    Desperate for a point, aren't ya?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Desperate for a point, aren't ya?
    man you're going to be really disappointed to hear that serena is a woman and not really a tranny. i know thats a major turn-off for you

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    man you're going to be really disappointed to hear that serena is a woman and not really a tranny. i know thats a major turn-off for you
    I wouldn't find myself attracted to that beast in either event. Continue on with your desperation, though. It amuses me.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I wouldn't find myself attracted to that beast in either event. Continue on with your desperation, though. It amuses me.
    suddenly lost interest after being told she's not a tranny

what a surprise

Thread Information