Page 2 of 32 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast
    My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Thread has nothing to do with Leonard, tbh. It's just a comment about Aldridge's game and how it fits in today's NBA.
    The only way he plays in the playoffs like he does now is if he isn't playing with Leonard. I think his defense is pretty underrated because people play too much attention to his offense these days.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    All I care about is the W.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The only way he plays in the playoffs like he does now is if he isn't playing with Leonard.
    Yep.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The only way he plays in the playoffs like he does now is if he isn't playing with Leonard.
    Will he still be able to give us 20 without needing to have the ball on his hands so much? If not, is he really worthy as a second option?

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Will he still be able to give us 20 without needing to have the ball on his hands so much? If not, is he really worthy as a second option?
    He won't have to have the hands in so much since the offense won't have to go through him every play.

"Worthy."

I guess you'll have to start up the trade machine to get rid of him as soon as possible. You don't seem to think there is any way to win with him in the lineup.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He won't have to have the hands in so much since the offense won't have to go through him every play.

"Worthy."

I guess you'll have to start up the trade machine to get rid of him as soon as possible. You don't seem to think there is any way to win with him in the lineup.
    I do see a way of winning with him on the lineup, but I doubt Aldridge would be cool with reducing his postups touches and focusing his offense more on those plays where he gets deep position under the basket, pick and rolls and pick and pops.

His defense has always been a plus since he got here. No complaints there.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Dude, they got to the WCF with him last year, wth? You are really undervaluing his defense too with regards to winning.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    I do see a way of winning with him on the lineup, but I doubt Aldridge would be cool with reducing his postups touches and focusing his offense more on those plays where he gets deep position under the basket, pick and rolls and pick and pops.
    Murray's shooting is going to be the biggest weakness in the SL offense IMO. Good defenses are going to be able to play way off him.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Dude, they got to the WCF with him last year, wth? You are really undervaluing his defense too with regards to winning.
    With him barely being involved in the offense, tbh. And before you bring game 6 of the Rockets series, with the way Harden played that game we were never going to lose that game.

And regarding his defense, just above you:

His defense has always been a plus since he got here. No complaints there.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Murray's shooting is going to be the biggest weakness in the SL offense IMO. Good defenses are going to be able to play way off him.
    Murray isn't getting paid the most money on the team, tbh. If he doesn' t perform, you can bench him in favour of some other guys.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    With him barely being involved in the offense, tbh. And before you bring game 6 of the Rockets series, with the way Harden played that game we were never going to lose that game.

And regarding his defense, just above you:
    Then what are you trying to say? We know he’s way more involved on offense since Kawhi/rudy are out. When Kawhi is healthy, like last year, LMA is good enough to help get to a WCF>

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    OP should stop while he’s behind, unless he’s trying to tank the thread for the #1 pick

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Then what are you trying to say? We know he’s way more involved on offense since Kawhi/rudy are out. When Kawhi is healthy, like last year, LMA is good enough to help get to a WCF>
    What I'm saying is that no team will ever win a championship with Aldridge as a top option (that means getting around 30-40 touches per game). His style just doesn't match the current style needed in the NBA right now to win a championship.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    OP should stop while he’s behind, unless he’s trying to tank the thread for the #1 pick
    Can I re-start once the playoffs begin and I'm proven right?

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Murray isn't getting paid the most money on the team, tbh. If he doesn' t perform, you can bench him in favour of some other guys.
    Now it's a money thing?

Just write trade scenarios then. Get rid of him now.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Can I re-start once the playoffs begin and I'm proven right?
    Rage bump.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Of a thread made with all the thought and analysis that a cold head can provide.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Of a thread made with all the thought and analysis that a cold head can provide.
    Will still be a rage bump. You just made a reservation for rage.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Now it's a money thing?

Just write trade scenarios then. Get rid of him now.
    Unfortunately the Spurs need Aldridge right now. There isn't a trade that would help the Spurs get anything close to equal value.

The best scenario would be for Aldridge to adapt his game like Duncan did in his latter years, but that's a pipe dream.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    And I wouldn't be so sure that Aldridge's touches will decrease too much once/if Kawhi gets back, tbh.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    OK, Aldridge will make the entire team fail and nothing else will unless Aldridge becomes just like the greatest PF of all time.

Shhhh... I'll be gentle. TheDoctor's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    OK, Aldridge will make the entire team fail and nothing else will unless Aldridge becomes just like the greatest PF of all time.
    Still miss him

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm talking about championship level winning basketball. The kind of winning basketball we Spurs fans are accostumed to.
    It's winning basketball if Durant didn't go down the 'hard road.'

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Let's see. If the Spurs do great in the playoffs with Aldridge postup after Aldridge postup and the numbers reflect it, I will gladly eat crow.

The Spurs don't even have to win too much. The numbers just need to show that going to Aldridge in the post is an effective winning strategy.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Let's see. If the Spurs do great in the playoffs with Aldridge postup after Aldridge postup and the numbers reflect it, I will gladly eat crow.

The Spurs don't even have to win too much. The numbers just need to show that going to Aldridge in the post is an effective winning strategy.
    You've really forgotten that Leonard is on this team, haven't you?

Thread Information