Page 3 of 32 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It's winning basketball if Durant didn't go down the 'hard road.'
    Maybe if Kawhiachel didn't go out and Aldridge remained a luxury role player that didn't get the ball on the post all that much. But I still don't think it would have been enough.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It’s not his fault our backcourt is garbage.

in fact to call our guards garbage is an insult to garbage. 87 year old manu is our best guard

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You've really forgotten that Leonard is on this team, haven't you?
    Even with Leonard on the team, if LA remains getting around 30 touches on the post, which I think will be the case, we won't beat the teams we need to beat.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Even with Leonard on the team, if LA remains getting around 30 touches on the post, which I think will be the case, we won't beat the teams we need to beat.
    Great.

Season over.

Turn out the lights.

Nothing else will possibly matter.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    LMA is doing everything he possibly can to keep this team afloat
    He has us at 3 in the West without our MVP caliber star
    He gets deep post position all the time, our guards mostly suck ass at getting him the ball in good position and miss opportunities to get him good looks way too often

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Great.

Season over.

Turn out the lights.
    I don't know about you, but I can still enjoy the season without having barely any hope of winning the championship, tbh.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    I don't know about you, but I can still enjoy the season without having barely any hope of winning the championship, tbh.
    Sounds like you'll get maximum enjoyment with the Spurs' losing the way you think they will tbh.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    LMA is doing everything he possibly can to keep this team afloat
    He has us at 3 in the West without our MVP caliber star
    He gets deep post position all the time, our guards mostly suck ass at getting him the ball in good position and miss opportunities to get him good looks way too often
    I agree with everything you say but that doesn't refute the point made in the OP, tbh.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Sounds like you'll get maximum enjoyment with the Spurs' losing the way you think they will tbh.
    Nah, I much prefer to see the Spurs winning.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Nah, I much prefer to see the Spurs winning.
    We'll see the next time Aldridge has a bad game.

Something tells me you'll be all over it.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    We'll see the next time Aldridge has a bad game.

Something tells me you'll be all over it.
    I don't normally post when the Spurs lose, tbh.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    I don't normally post when the Spurs lose, tbh.
    It doesn't have to be the day of the performance, and the Spurs don't even have to lose.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What does your best player do best? Do that a lot.

That's all you can do. It's not complicated.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What does your best player do best? Do that a lot.

That's all you can do. It's not complicated.
    Aldridge is way more effective when he gets the ball after working for position down low and on spot ups than in post ups.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    LMA isn't Capela. Clint hasn't taken his teams anywhere. It's sort of silly to even see this thread.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Aldridge offensive numbers:

Post ups: frequency 42% - 44 FG% - 0.95 ppp
    Pick and roll man: frequency 17% - 48 FG% - 1.02 ppp
    Cuts: Frequency 7% - 61 FG% - 1.27 ppp
    Spot ups: Frequency 9% - 42 FG% - 1.04 PPP

So, Aldridge does (way) more what he does least efficiently. But it's not his fault, the postup in general just isn't efficient.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You need better guards, more dynamic play if you want to complain about the offense looking the way it does and if you want it to generate different shots.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Spurs still have like a 70% winning percentage in the years that Aldridge has been here, even though he has "underachieved".

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Spurs still have like a 70% winning percentage in the years that Aldridge has been here, even though he has "underachieved".
    True.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    LMA isn't Capela. Clint hasn't taken his teams anywhere. It's sort of silly to even see this thread.
    Unfortunately those are the type of bigmen that are more efficient for an NBA team these days. The ones that play D, run the floor, set picks and don't ask for the ball on the post. It is what it is.

Nobody is saying Capella is a better player than Aldridge. Aldridge is way more talented and can hurt you in many different ways. I just hope he would understand that in today's NBA he can't be posting up 42% of the time.

If he would be OK with varying his offense a little more (bring down that post up frequency to about 25/30 % and once you post up try to go for strong, quick, decisive moves instead of so many fadeaways; try to play more pick and rolls and pick and pops; look for even more chances to get a high low action, run the floor and establish position as deep as you can and if you don't, be cool with being patient and don't ask for the ball on a post up situation 18 feet from the basket, etc.), he would be a lot more efficient and useful.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You need better guards, more dynamic play if you want to complain about the offense looking the way it does and if you want it to generate different shots.
    OP doesn’t realize cuts and spot ups require, you know, competent guards to get him the ball in those spots? And by definition they’ll be higher probability shots if you can create them

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    OP doesn’t realize cuts and spot ups require, you know, competent guards to get him the ball in those spots? And by definition they’ll be higher probability shots if you can create them
    When Aldridge started ing about touches we were coming off a playoffs run where Kawhi was playing like the best player in the World averaging around 5 APG and Tony looking like his old self. I'm sure he wasn't crying about cuts and spot ups looks there. He was crying about post ups.

Realistic Spurs Fan Amuseddaysleeper's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Dude, they got to the WCF with him last year, wth? You are really undervaluing his defense too with regards to winning.
    He was mediocre more times than not in the playoffs. Kawhi was epic. Aldridge was pitiful after Kawhi got injured in the playoffs and he had no pressure but failed to do anything positive in the warriors series.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Open right... Let's not pretend we don't have a huge sample size of him in the playoffs...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He was mediocre more times than not in the playoffs. Kawhi was epic. Aldridge was pitiful after Kawhi got injured in the playoffs and he had no pressure but failed to do anything positive in the warriors series.
    The whole team bar Kyle and Simmons were pitiful. The spurs gave up. No starting PG. No best player. No first big off the bench in Lee. It was climbing up Mt Everest while having a cold. You will die.

Thread Information