Page 5 of 32 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast
    Every game is game 1 Seventyniner's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think it's obvious Aldridge was going to be second in usage. Who else if not him?

I'm saying that he wasn't a 1b to Kawhi's 1a like it will probably be this year. Last year LA was a second option more on the mold of Tony in 2003 behind Duncan.
    So what's your problem with Aldridge being the #1 option while Kawhi is hurt? It's basically by default.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Are folks here really such butthurt homers that can't understand what I'm trying to say?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    yeah, i cant believe the spurs didn't think to have a second MVP-caliber superstar on their team in case kawhi got hurt. Pop never thinks ahead, what an idiot

when our first option is out, we're stuck with a... second option? what a trash team! that's why the warriors are so smart. they have curry AND durant! pop should take notes
    You don't need an MVP caliber superstar, you just need a player whose game is more effective than a post-up, fadeaway, midrange heavy player.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Are folks here really such butthurt homers that can't understand what I'm trying to say?
    An antiquated offense that will never outscore the best teams even with Kawhi is a tough pill to swallow for all the slurpers.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    unbelievable

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Dude. It's not that people don't understand. It's that with LMA clearly being the second best player SA reached the WCF. I mean, it's just silly when you sit back and listen to your premise when we literally have proof that LMA as the second best player helped the team do the EXACT OPPOSITE of what you are saying.

Then on top of that to make up some random scenario that without Kawhi or a rusty Kawhi LMA won't be able to step up enough. Like duh

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    An antiquated offense that will never outscore the best teams even with Kawhi is a tough pill to swallow for all the slurpers.
    this, criticism is how to play, not to the player, by answers it seems that no one understood, the best Aldridge for SAS, would be the Aldridge "elite role player" defense, low post, pnp, pnr, but he probably thinks He is very good for this.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You don't need an MVP caliber superstar, you just need a player whose game is more effective than a post-up, fadeaway, midrange heavy player.
    OK, but for what purpose? For competing with the Warriors?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Dude. It's not that people don't understand. It's that with LMA clearly being the second best player SA reached the WCF. I mean, it's just silly when you sit back and listen to your premise when we literally have proof that LMA as the second best player helped the team do the EXACT OPPOSITE of what you are saying.

Then on top of that to make up some random scenario that without Kawhi or a rusty Kawhi LMA won't be able to step up enough. Like duh
    Oh yeah? I must have missed the time when the Spurs won the championship with Aldridge as its second best player. Or even the time where Aldridge didn't end a playoff run in a sour note.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    this, criticism is how to play, not to the player, by answers it seems that no one understood, the best Aldridge for SAS, would be the Aldridge "elite role player" defense, low post, pnp, pnr, but he probably thinks He is very good for this.
    Thank you son.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    OK, but for what purpose? For competing with the Warriors?
    That right now is the same as saying competing for the championship, so yeah.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Oh yeah? I must have missed the time when the Spurs won the championship with Aldridge as its second best player. Or even the time where Aldridge didn't end a playoff run in a sour note.
    Yep, Aldridge injured both Leonard and Parker last season.

THAT SOUR SONOFA

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    so what player would have been a better second option for us than LMA, that we could have obtained

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That right now is the same as saying competing for the championship, so yeah.
    Completely disagree that another all-star, who's not MVP-caliber player, in place of Aldridge would be enough to close the enormous talent gap between the Spurs and Warriors.

John Wall is a modern type of PG who can break down a defense. Do you think the Spurs would be good enough to beat the Warriors if the Spurs traded Aldridge for him?

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    so what player would have been a better second option for us than LMA, that we could have obtained
    Robin Lopez and player to be named later.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yep, Aldridge injured both Leonard and Parker last season.

THAT SOUR SONOFA
    But he didn't do much to make up for their absences either, tbh. Also, you are missing the point as per par for you on this thread.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    But he didn't do much to make up for their absences either, tbh.
    Yeah, he should've been able to sweep the Warriors by himself. That's what NBA second options do.

THAT SONOFA

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Also, you are missing the point as per par for you on this thread.
    You wanted to call your shot on why the Spurs will lose this year.

My Team
    Cleveland Cavaliers
    Post Count
    Don't worry, everybody in this thread will disappear in the postseason when LMA shows up like he did against OKC in 2016 and GS last year. They'll return the following year though when he starts regular season stat padding against bad teams.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    How do you quantify that? Of the ones that were rumored the easy choices are Irving and Paul. But you don't have to go to those extremes to find more efficient styles than Aldridge's. Pretty much any PG that can run the pick and roll, attack the basket and shoot the three would be better secondary options than Aldridge.
    Last edited by DAF86; 01-31-2018 at 02:30 PM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Completely disagree that another all-star, who's not MVP-caliber player, in place of Aldridge would be enough to close the enormous talent gap between the Spurs and Warriors.

John Wall is a modern type of PG who can break down a defense. Do you think the Spurs would be good enough to beat the Warriors if the Spurs traded Aldridge for him?
    No, because if you trade Wall for Aldridge straight up you would be leaving a huge hole on the front court. But I do think that John Wall is better secondary option in today's NBA than Aldridge. Even though Wall isn't ideal either because he can't shoot for .

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You wanted to call your shot on why the Spurs will lose this year.
    You seem more interested on trying to find hidden messages on my posts than in actually reading what I'm saying, tbh.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    How do you quantify that? Of the ones that were rumored the easy choices are Irving and Paul. But you don't have to go to those extremes to find more efficient styles than Aldridge's. Pretty much any PG that can run the pick and roll, attack the basket and shoot the three would be better secondary options than Aldridge.
    i'll give you a lot of flexibility on that. who would we have to give up to acquire irving or paul? what would the roster have looked like.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    You seem more interested on trying to find hidden messages on my posts than in actually reading what I'm saying, tbh.
    Your message is not hidden.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    No, because if you trade Wall for Aldridge straight up you would be leaving a huge hole on the front court. But I do think that John Wall is better secondary option in today's NBA than Aldridge. Even though Wall isn't ideal either because he can't shoot for .
    Fine - Kevin Love, Al Horford? Drummond?

Thread Information