Page 6 of 32 FirstFirst ... 234567891016 ... LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    OP has a fantasy in his head where Leonard beat the Rockets in spite of LMA and that Harden is the only reason why the team advanced. The rest of us know it wasn't just Game Six that LMA won, and that if OP had had his way, the Spurs would be a lottery team this year. Aldridge ball is winning ball. When SA was taking it to GS, LMA was right there dominating his match-ups. It's mind-boggling how people can overlook LMA every time he plays well and then because he can't take a team triple-teaming him constantly. We've already seen Kawhi fall apart under the same pressure, because it's normal for a guy not to be able to do much with so much attention on him. It's not some strange feature of Aldridge that he needs spacing and other guys to take some heat off him and that if his shot isn't falling, he's not going to look good.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    OP has a fantasy in his head where Leonard beat the Rockets in spite of LMA and that Harden is the only reason why the team advanced. The rest of us know it wasn't just Game Six that LMA won, and that if OP had had his way, the Spurs would be a lottery team this year. Aldridge ball is winning ball. When SA was taking it to GS, LMA was right there dominating his match-ups. It's mind-boggling how people can overlook LMA every time he plays well and then because he can't take a team triple-teaming him constantly. We've already seen Kawhi fall apart under the same pressure, because it's normal for a guy not to be able to do much with so much attention on him. It's not some strange feature of Aldridge that he needs spacing and other guys to take some heat off him and that if his shot isn't falling, he's not going to look good.
    OP is a Manu that believes he's always right 100 percent of the time.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    DAF ain't a bad poster. He's just caught a bad case of the Mids with his preaching about advanced stats. There's more to the game than raw efficiency.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    i'll give you a lot of flexibility on that. who would we have to give up to acquire irving or paul? what would the roster have looked like.
    For Irving or Paul I would have given Aldridge no doubt and then try to fill the bigman hole with other signings. My dream scenario this offseason would have been to trade Aldridge for Paul or Irving and keep Dedmon.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Fine - Kevin Love, Al Horford? Drummond?
    no, I wouldn't want any of those players over Aldridge. You don't get it, this isn't a trade Aldridge thread, tbh.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    For Irving or Paul I would have given Aldridge no doubt and then try to fill the bigman hole with other signings. My dream scenario this offseason would have been to trade Aldridge for Paul or Irving and keep Dedmon.
    As we all know he was made available and I am sure teams lowballed the Spurs.

He is here to stay...

think our spurs go underappreciated at times with a case of the grass is greener on the other side though.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    no, I wouldn't want any of those players over Aldridge. You don't get it, this isn't a trade Aldridge thread, tbh.
    I do get your point... but there isn't much they can do right now with the personnel they have. I also made that point earlier... just got to accept it for now.

Hope Kiwi and Rudy are halthy, hope Dijon continues getting better...
    and this might just be me, but they should sign Kyle back.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    everyone believes they are right 100% of the time

unless you're trolling, people dont say things they believe to be wrong

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If I'm a " " you must surely have proven me wrong on some ocassion by now, right? Or do I just give opinions that don't match yours and instead of arguing back you just get butthurt about it?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Without Leonard we wouldn't have got past the Grizzlies, without Aldridge we might have, imho. Rockets is another thing, because both Tony and Leonard got hurt an we needed every single little contribution from every player to get past them. Except game 6 where we could have sent the Toros and win anyways.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Why? They are all star bigs, who don't post up much and their games fit better in today's NBA. Surely that was at least a part of your point, no?

For an Aldridge hater you sure seem to rate him extremely highly.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If I'm a " " you must surely have proven me wrong on some ocassion by now, right? Or do I just give opinions that don't match yours and instead of arguing back you just get butthurt about it?
    Nope you are just a re ed Manu in my eyes.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    everyone believes they are right 100% of the time

unless you're trolling, people dont say things they believe to be wrong
    Nope I actually don't believe I'm always right. A few years ago I was one of Kawhi's biggest critics and didn't believe he could be a superstar. He proved me wrong last year and I gladly ate crow.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Nope I actually don't believe I'm always right. A few years ago I was one of Kawhi's biggest critics and didn't believe he could be a superstar. He proved me wrong last year and I gladly ate crow.
    but in the present, you always think you're right.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yeah well, no wonder you don't tend to agree with me.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yeah well, no wonder you don't tend to agree with me.
    ya still think bertans is a future all-star?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    ya still think bertans is a future all-star?
    For sure son.

Realistic Spurs Fan Amuseddaysleeper's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    And where was LMA in games 2-4? and the fourth quarter when Kawhi was injured? LMA fell off a cliff once Kawhi went down, not sure how anyone could defend his performance in the WCF.

Realistic Spurs Fan Amuseddaysleeper's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don't think you can win a tile with Aldridge as your second option. Not even if Lebron or Durant or anyone else is the first option. Aldridge is more of a third option type of player if you're serious about winning a championship.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don't think you can win a tile with Aldridge as your second option. Not even if Lebron or Durant or anyone else is the first option. Aldridge is more of a third option type of player if you're serious about winning a championship.
    as a second option? maybe
    as second best player? impossible

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Without Leonard we wouldn't have got past the Grizzlies, without Aldridge we might have, imho. Rockets is another thing, because both Tony and Leonard got hurt an we needed every single little contribution from every player to get past them. Except game 6 where we could have sent the Toros and win anyways.
    Aldridge wasn't just good in Game Six man. Not even just looking at stats should let you believe that.

The reality is that outside of the first game, Aldridge had a fine series, averaging 22 and 9 with a block on 51-percent shooting. As I said, you are fantasizing about a series where Leonard was carrying the team, but they were going as LMA went. That's obviously not to take away from Kawhi and the MVP-caliber player he was. It was just LMA and his post-up game that caused Houston's game plan to break down.

Against Memphis, LMA had the job of holding back Gasol and Randolph as series along. That was not something an afterthought big could do.

And of course, he's dominated the Warriors pretty much any team SA has beaten them recently.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    but in the present, you always think you're right.
    Actually nope. Stupid argument anyways if you want to side with Manu it's fine with me.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    And where was LMA in games 2-4? and the fourth quarter when Kawhi was injured? LMA fell off a cliff once Kawhi went down, not sure how anyone could defend his performance in the WCF.
    Aldridge dominated in Game Three.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Aldridge wasn't just good in Game Six man. Not even just looking at stats should let you believe that.

The reality is that outside of the first game, Aldridge had a fine series, averaging 22 and 9 with a block on 51-percent shooting. As I said, you are fantasizing about a series where Leonard was carrying the team, but they were going as LMA went. That's obviously not to take away from Kawhi and the MVP-caliber player he was. It was just LMA and his post-up game that caused Houston's game plan to break down.

Against Memphis, LMA had the job of holding back Gasol and Randolph as series along. That was not something an afterthought big could do
    Did you read what I wrote?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Actually nope. Stupid argument anyways if you want to side with Manu it's fine with me.
    You sound like a very rational person son.

Thread Information