Page 8 of 32 FirstFirst ... 45678910111218 ... LastLast
    Realistic Spurs Fan Amuseddaysleeper's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This argument is beyond dumb (no offense). Also, why aren’t you bashing the Wolves like you do SA for losing to ATL?
    I don’t praise the wolves or OKC either for what it’s worth. I just think a terrible offseason along with injuries has made this the worst spurs team of the decade. Even if they were healthy (can Kawhi even stay on the court long enough to find last year’s form?) they took a step back over the offseason while most other playoff teams got better.

Realistic Spurs Fan Amuseddaysleeper's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What’s really funny is claiming CP to be better than LMA and how with no LMA and CP3 SA would be better suited. CP with stacked teams never did much (made it to the WCF one time which you seem to knock LMA for since it’s not a championship).

Besides that, you take Harden off the Rockets like Kawhi is off the Spurs and they get their a** beat in the playoffs despite the fact many here claim HOU’s roster to be far superior.
    But in fairness without Harden they still have CP3 who has historically killed the spurs

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    But in fairness without Harden they still have CP3 who has historically killed the spurs
    CP3 beat the Spurs on time in the playoffs, right? But that is besides the point. If CP is so much better than LMA and HOU so much better than SA, if you take Harden off of HOU, there should be no excuses for CP/HOU, right?

They would do much better than SA/LMA with no Kawhi, right?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    BTW, I don't know who claims the Rockets roster to be superior to the Spurs one. Take away the two stars for each team and I think the Spurs would beat the Rockets easily on a playoffs series

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    BTW, I don't know who claims the Rockets roster to be superior to the Spurs one. Take away the two stars for each team and I think the Spurs would beat the Rockets easily on a playoffs series
    Didn’t you just say CP>LMA?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    i do think CP3 > LMA, tbh

we would have had to give up more than just LMA to get him

but it would be a bad look for the spurs to lure a big name FA, get him unhappy, and then trade him. i think it works out much better to win over LMA so future FA's can look at that as a team willing to make their players happy

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Didn’t you just say CP>LMA?
    Yes, I also said: "take away the two stars for each team", meaning Kawhi and LA and Harden and Paul. The Spurs roster is just a lot more balanced with more playmakers. On the Rockets (minus its two stars) you only have Gordon that can create some offense.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    i do think CP3 > LMA, tbh

we would have had to give up more than just LMA to get him

but it would be a bad look for the spurs to lure a big name FA, get him unhappy, and then trade him. i think it works out much better to win over LMA so future FA's can look at that as a team willing to make their players happy
    Whether people think CP is better than LMA or not (debatable IMO) doesn’t change the fact that he’s certainly not so much better that just swapping him for LMA would make SA better. Nor does it mean that if Harden was out for as long as Kawhi has been that HOU would be great. , they barely have a better record WITH HARDEN and CP.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The point is acting like LMA is not producing is silly when they made a WCF with him which is just as much as the best CP3 has EVER done (one time)

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Whether people think CP is better than LMA or not (debatable IMO) doesn’t change the fact that he’s certainly not so much better that just swapping him for LMA would make SA better. Nor does it mean that if Harden was out for as long as Kawhi has been that HOU would be great. , they barely have a better record WITH HARDEN and CP.
    you're right. besides, our roster needs an LMA way more than it needs a CP3

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    CP3 is better than LA by a pretty solid margin, yeah. Not really debatable. One is a top 10 player in the league and the other is top 20 at best.

Even this slightly past prime, injury plagued, secondary role CP is still better than LA and numbers reflect it. You just need to go look at the stats to see just how big of a difference there is.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The point is acting like LMA is not producing is silly when they made a WCF with him which is just as much as the best CP3 has EVER done (one time)
    CP3 has never made it to the WCF son.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    CP3 is better than LA by a pretty solid margin, yeah. Not really debatable. One is a top 10 player in the league and the other is top 20 at best.

Even this slightly past primer, injury plagued, secondary role CP is still better than LA and numbers reflect it. You just need to go look at the stats to see just how big of a difference there is.
    You have issues. CP3 is a damn great player, but you really undervalue LMA and put too much emphasis on regular season stats without context/system.

CP3, especially before HOU (but even with HOU and their pace/system) had an entire offense centered around his usage/creation. I don’t think it’s fair to knock CP3 for that and he executed well in those systems but there is a reason that someone with such eye poppping stats in the regular season always seemed to fizzle out in the playoffs even with really good teams around him.

PG led offenses/impact, yada yada yada but you don’t seem to really be interested in a real convo IMO and it’s been hashed out so many times here already that if it didn’t resonate with you then, it certainly wont now.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    LMA ball is winning us games and keeping us afloat tbh. It's good enough. Let Kawhi come back healthy and get some legs before the playoffs start and i like our chances as much as anyone.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You have issues. CP3 is a damn great player, but you really undervalue LMA and put too much emphasis on regular season stats without context/system.

CP3, especially before HOU (but even with HOU and their pace/system) had an entire offense centered around his usage/creation. I don’t think it’s fair to knock CP3 for that and he executed well in those systems but there is a reason that someone with such eye poppping stats in the regular season always seemed to fizzle out in the playoffs even with really good teams around him.

PG led offenses/impact, yada yada yada but you don’t seem to really be interested in a real convo IMO and it’s been hashed out so many times here already that if it didn’t resonate with you then, it certainly wont now.
    I thought you were smarter than to bring the lazy "CP3 chokes on the playoffs" bull argument. THAT'S A LIE SON, just go see the numbers or better go see the games. CP3 is one of the greatest performers in the history of the NBA playoffs. But since his teams were never good enough and often suffered key injures (this is where one can knock on Paul) he never made it past the second round and that's where the narrative is created without much regard for actual facts.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I thought you were smarter than to bring the lazy "CP3 chokes on the playoffs" bull argument. That's a lie son, just go see the numbers or better go see the games. CP3 is one of the greatest performers in the history of the NBA playoffs. But since his teams were never good enough and often suffered key injures (this is where one can knock on Paul) he never made it past the second round and that's where the narrative is created without much regard for actual facts.
    Where did I say CP chokes?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Where did I say CP chokes?
    There is a reason that someone with such eye poppping stats in the regular season always seemed to fizzle out in the playoffs

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Both are pretty much life time losers so far. I'd take Aldridge over CP3 just for the fact that I'm actually going to get something for what I pay for. Paul is never healthy.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    We are comparing one of the greatest PG of all time with a B level all-star, tbh.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    We are comparing one of the greatest PG of all time with a B level all-star, tbh.
    I would expect a goat PG to carry his team to at least a conference finals once. Regardless of team.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don’t see how you inferred that as choking nor do I see any word that corresponds to choke/choking in what you quoted.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Anyway, thanks for derailing the real topic of the thread. If folks didn't get it before, for sure won't be getting it now.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don’t see how you inferred that as choking nor do I see any word that corresponds to choke/choking in what you quoted.
    OK, do you want me to correct my sentences from "choke" to " fizzle out"? OK, it's a lie that Paul fizzles out on the playoffs, he's always putting monster performances. Happy?

MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Fizzle and choke have the same context to me.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I can see where you get off topic/confused. I didn’t say CP choked. I’m not even saying LMA is more talented than CP.

What I wrote about CP/Regular Season/Playoff was not to frame CP as bad or as a choker. It was to provide context to my observation about you and how you use regular season stats/no context to evaluate things.

CP is amazing and more talented than LMA. He also has better stats. BUT, he literally has/had systems built all around him. The “fizzle in the playoffs” part was to show impact. That’s where things get blurry with LMA/CP. CP can still be a great player and put up amazing stats and fall short because the impact PG’s have and the systems built around such ball dominant PGs set that up.

So I’m not saying CP sucks are doesn’t put up stats. I’m saying you should look at, as has been discussed at length before, WHY he falls short in the playoffs despite playing seemingly really well statistically

Thread Information