Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Good man and 4th best one termer since I've been alive

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    His ignorant response to OPEC aside, his empathy and compassion were admirable notwithstanding. He was the last US president to make any progress in the Israeli-Arab conflict.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    His "malaise" speech is seriously underrated. Best presidential address I've heard, tbh.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Lol tap dancing on his grave before he's dead.

My Team
    Chicago Bulls
    Post Count

My Team
    Chicago Bulls
    Post Count
    45 years later USA still suffers from the same

Ballsy to call out your countrymen like that. Probably cost himself relection.

Mr.Carter made obvious mistakes but never hid from criticism.

My Team
    Cleveland Cavaliers
    Post Count
    His ignorant response to OPEC aside, his empathy and compassion were admirable notwithstanding. He was the last US president to make any progress in the Israeli-Arab conflict.
    Mentioning it first doesn't really leave it aside.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    In December 1952, an experimental nuclear reactor in Chalk River, Ont., about 180 kilometres northwest of Ottawa, "experienced mechanical problems and operator error that led to overheating fuel rods and significant damage to the NRX reactor core," according to a Government of Canada page.
    https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/ottaw...dent-1.6293574

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Mentioning it first doesn't really leave it aside.
    Another assumption I made was that the dissociative personalities -those that get the dopamine response by persuading others they are someone other than themselves- would trot out alt accounts.

My Team
    Cleveland Cavaliers
    Post Count
    Another assumption I made was that the dissociative personalities -those that get the dopamine response by persuading others they are someone other than themselves- would trot out alt accounts.
    Like an addiction, they cannot help themselves so would eventually reveal themselves to you in their comments?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Like an addiction, they cannot help themselves so would eventually reveal themselves to you in their comments?
    You figure patronizing will work?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    exonerated of all chargers

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I didn't know he got a murderer out of prison and made her raise his white kids and grandkids

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I didn't know he got a murderer out of prison and made her raise his white kids and grandkids
    Mary Prince was later exonerated of all charges

what murderer?

Alleged Michigander ChumpDumper's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    A black person's exoneration really got to you, eh?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    mixed bag president. took him way too long to push the fed to aggressively attack inflation. appointing Volcker and taking a step back as he hiked rates is what ultimately curbed inflation (interest rates remained over 10% until about 2 years into Reagan's first term and didnt drop below 8% until his second term). but hiking rates to curb inflation usually comes at the cost of slowing the economy, which led to the recession that ultimately doomed his re-election chances. but those very rate hikes that drove the recession are also what ultimately fixed inflation, which reagan enjoys the credit for.

of course reagan than used those good times to give him his mandate to go off, cutting taxes (and by extension, revenue) while increasing spending, and thats when the US deficits first really got out of control.

but carter's earlier policies (stimulus + deregulation) contributed to his predicament in the first place. truly a mixed bag.

no president ever wants to be the one to see interest rates hiked during their time... but sometimes you gotta treat it like having broccoli with your dinner. it could be good for you even if it tastes like right now. naturally, when barry was president, trump was on the sidelines saying they need to raise interest rates. but once he was in office, he was furious that rates climbed mildly and blamed the fed for him not meeting his 4% growth promise
    Last edited by spurraider21; 02-21-2023 at 02:58 PM.

Enemy of the System Millennial_Messiah's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    mixed bag president. took him way too long to push the fed to aggressively attack inflation. appointing Volcker and taking a step back as he hiked rates is what ultimately curbed inflation (interest rates remained over 10% until about 2 years into Reagan's first term and didnt drop below 8% until his second term). but hiking rates to curb inflation usually comes at the cost of slowing the economy, which led to the recession that ultimately doomed his re-election chances. but those very rate hikes that drove the recession are also what ultimately fixed inflation, which reagan enjoys the credit for.

of course reagan than used those good times to give him his mandate to go off, cutting taxes (and by extension, revenue) while increasing spending, and thats when the US deficits first really got out of control.

but carter's earlier policies (stimulus + deregulation) contributed to his predicament in the first place. truly a mixed bag.

no president ever wants to be the one to see interest rates hiked during their time... but sometimes you gotta treat it like having broccoli with your dinner. it could be good for you even if it tastes like right now. naturally, when barry was president, trump was on the sidelines saying they need to raise interest rates. but once he was in office, he was furious that rates climbed mildly and blamed the fed for him not meeting his 4% growth promise
    Good post. So basically Carter was younger, less-senile Biden.

Good man and 4th best one termer since I've been alive
    Neither JFK nor Ford served a full term, tbh

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    its always a juggling act. when the economy is slow, having the fed pump money into the system, lower rates, etc helps keep things afloat. those are inflationary measures, but at times needed to prevent catastrophe. we saw that with covid. but if you keep that kind of soft monetary and fiscal policy in place past its necessary point, its unnecessarily inflationary and then you have to rapidly overcorrect, which is what happened with biden. studen loan payments are still on deferral. by this point thats unnecessary as well

they didnt start hiking rates until what, halfway through 2022? even though by mid 2021 we had seen the economy was clearly back on its feet and inflation was already noticeable. obviously exacerbated by an international energy price shock which is out of their direct control, but there were enough signs to act sooner.

nobody ever wants to be the one serving broccoli

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Neither JFK nor Ford served a full term, tbh
    I wasn't alive for JFK so Carter was the 4th best one termer of my lifetime.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I wasn't alive for JFK so Carter was the 4th best one termer of my lifetime.
    If you have to explain it…

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If you have to explain it…
    Heck, I can do one better.

I was not around for WW2, Korea, nor Vietnam, so the greatest warrior generation in my lifetime were from Iraq/Afghanistan.

Thread Information