Page 24 of 24 FirstFirst ... 142021222324
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don't wanna start calling ppl idiots without first understanding... Why do you guys consistently say Kawhi and Aldridge have no chemistry on court, when we have had the two best back to back seasons, including our winningest season with them as the main guys? We have consistently been in the top 10 on offense, and top 3 (most times one) on defense... The team has good chemistry with them... Kawhi is the best player in the world... He elevates the level of play for everyone on court... The problem arises when pop plays cute and limits his minutes, even in the playoffs (thunder), or he simply isn't on the court (Zaza)... You take the best player in the world off of their team for their respective sport, there will be issues...

Ppl looking at Kawhi's body language on the bench as evidence he isn't engaging with LA... dude rarely engages with anyone... U want him to be like lebron? Fake love to everyone? Dude is just chill... Relax... Our FO is trying to make it seem like someone else is the issue, when it is THEM! Kawhi has been exceeding expectations since he got here... Our FO has been underperforming during that same time

My Team
    Cleveland Cavaliers
    Post Count
    No foul, no harm
    Should have been though. Det ZaZa impersonation.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    LMAlpha with 31 points...Manu next highest scorer with ing 13...
    Aldridge doing everything he can to elevate this trash team and still getting ignored and derided by ST.
    I would say more: "the style of basketball that I like to play is not the best for a team, but who cares? I'm happy"

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Aside from the lack of talent, which is bad enough, they've been playing like they're punch drunk for a couple of weeks. Really bad turnovers, dumb things.

There won't be a chance to change and get sober I'm afraid until the trade deadline is past.

Obviously they have to add another big in the rotation. If that takes paying a team to take Joffrey, that's what they have to do. Doesn't matter if it's Costello or Brimah or a big who gets bought out or a big from Europe. Someone with a pulse needs to play as a big. LMA and Abuelo Gasol are worn out. It's a disgrace on management that they've been run through like this. Hopefully the load on Aldridge won't pop an achilles on him.

After that, Pop will have the opportunity to do the right thing and take Mills out of the rotation entirely. Him and Forbes, their trash defense and lack of other skills beyond decent shooting aren't enough. White has to be given a shot ahead of those two turkeys. They might worry that they'll kill the trade value of Mills, but I fear it's already dead if they don't find someone dumb enough to take Mills at the deadline. They'll have to resign themselves to waiting until Mills and his deal are small enough that they can dump a first to get rid of him.

If they do those two things, a different big and benching Mills for White, then that will be the sign that they've come out of their stupor and are ready to responsibly address the situation they're in. It won't 'fix' things as in making them a contender with a healthy Kawhi, only a sign of sobriety and moving forward.

But I don't expect that to happen this year. More wobbling around, stumbling and belching, thinking they've still got it. After they're down 3-1 they might try White in the first round, then loss and make sad excuses.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Aside from the lack of talent, which is bad enough, they've been playing like they're punch drunk for a couple of weeks. Really bad turnovers, dumb things.

There won't be a chance to change and get sober I'm afraid until the trade deadline is past.

Obviously they have to add another big in the rotation. If that takes paying a team to take Joffrey, that's what they have to do. Doesn't matter if it's Costello or Brimah or a big who gets bought out or a big from Europe. Someone with a pulse needs to play as a big. LMA and Abuelo Gasol are worn out. It's a disgrace on management that they've been run through like this. Hopefully the load on Aldridge won't pop an achilles on him.

After that, Pop will have the opportunity to do the right thing and take Mills out of the rotation entirely. Him and Forbes, their trash defense and lack of other skills beyond decent shooting aren't enough. White has to be given a shot ahead of those two turkeys. They might worry that they'll kill the trade value of Mills, but I fear it's already dead if they don't find someone dumb enough to take Mills at the deadline. They'll have to resign themselves to waiting until Mills and his deal are small enough that they can dump a first to get rid of him.

If they do those two things, a different big and benching Mills for White, then that will be the sign that they've come out of their stupor and are ready to responsibly address the situation they're in. It won't 'fix' things as in making them a contender with a healthy Kawhi, only a sign of sobriety and moving forward.

But I don't expect that to happen this year. More wobbling around, stumbling and belching, thinking they've still got it. After they're down 3-1 they might try White in the first round, then loss and make sad excuses.
    I tend to agree. I didn't think of White, since besides being a rook, Pop has played him so little but obviously giving him an opportunity takes even more minutes from guys he's already scrambling to play. At this stage one even wonders if he's just ok not having playable bigs bc he has to find a way to play all these guards... I am probably exaggerating and taking things to an extreme to make the point but it has been Pop's trend. Already when Kiwi and Rudy come back (if they come back) it's going to be difficult to play all these guards.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I would say more: "the style of basketball that I like to play is not the best for a team, but who cares? I'm happy"

the style of basketball the entire roster plays is not best for the team

i'm sure it's LMA's fault the spurs are only 3rd in the west without their MVP
    hard to say anything about his style of play considering without him we're a GD lottery team. look at the talent he's got to work with.
    dude hustles, supports his teammates, plays the best D we got right now, always suits up, and does what he's asked.

he deserves some blame for our team's poor play, inasmuch as the entire ing organization does, but the sorry construction of this group is not on him.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Murray is not a pg. Mills is not a pg. Forbes is not a pg. None of the three can give a rythm to the team, none of the three is able to constantly read defenses. And, and that's painful considering the skills of Murray, none of the three can defend a good pg first step. What's happened against utah is inexcusable...as Manu has remarked, they were always able to pass trough our first defense line....all night long.
    imho with the actual roster the solution is only one...considering we can not go back to giving Tony or Manu the role of the starting point guard anymore.
    Give the ing ball to KA.
    He's a natural play maker and all our efforts of make out a shooter (expecially a spot up shooter) of him are gone bad...his instinct is and probably will always remain, the one of a pass first guard. But he has the skills (lenght and wiew) for making all the right decisions with the ball in his hands.
    plus, imho, he's now a decent defender also against guards, and in any case we have (or should have on paper) the right people for defending someone who's too fast or agile for him (Green and Murray cames to mind)...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'd trade Aldridge for him and take on biyombo contact for them too. He is a defensive big that rebounds and blocks shots.

If we want to get greedy throw KA and Forbes in to get hezonja too
    Herzonja is awful. Regardless, not sure if Gordon will ever be better than LMA. So not worth it.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Murray is not a pg. Mills is not a pg. Forbes is not a pg. None of the three can give a rythm to the team, none of the three is able to constantly read defenses. And, and that's painful considering the skills of Murray, none of the three can defend a good pg first step. What's happened against utah is inexcusable...as Manu has remarked, they were always able to pass trough our first defense line....all night long.
    imho with the actual roster the solution is only one...considering we can not go back to giving Tony or Manu the role of the starting point guard anymore.
    Give the ing ball to KA.
    He's a natural play maker and all our efforts of make out a shooter (expecially a spot up shooter) of him are gone bad...his instinct is and probably will always remain, the one of a pass first guard. But he has the skills (lenght and wiew) for making all the right decisions with the ball in his hands.
    plus, imho, he's now a decent defender also against guards, and in any case we have (or should have on paper) the right people for defending someone who's too fast or agile for him (Green and Murray cames to mind)...
    agree

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Should have been though. Det ZaZa impersonation.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Herzonja is awful. Regardless, not sure if Gordon will ever be better than LMA. So not worth it.
    The for might be better though

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Did the Spurs pay him $50 mills to be a PR spokesperson? If so, this delusional fat wombat is starting to look like Comical Ali.

"delusional fat wombat" that's not a term you hear often in life.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    "On pace to win 60"

"On pace to win 55"

"On pace to win 53"

We see where this team is trending without Kawhi. Yes, the best player is out, but this team has the GOAT coach with vets and an all-star in Aldridge yet they continue to trend down?

Face it, slurpers. This whole team other than Kawhi is trash.
    tbh

Meanwhile raybies offed himself upon the realization that this team might not actually have better roster than the Warriors..

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    people should rewind it to see it
    what time & qtr?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    3rd quarter, 6:17 is when Danny hits the 3.

Pop's reaction is what was gold.

Shhhh... I'll be gentle. TheDoctor's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Damage Control. Fifty Fatty's scared he's gonna be traded tbh

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    people should rewind it to see it
    3rd quarter, 6:17 is when Danny hits the 3.

Pop's reaction is what was gold.
    https://openload.co/f/Z_0v51enK4Y/NB...20pier.ru.mkv#

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Thanks. One of those "be glad that you made it" shots.

Thread Information