Page 3 of 115 FirstFirst 12345671353103 ... LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Paying vets 10mil between them is fine, but having one of them take 16mil is wrong. Manu still has enough to keep playing and Parker hopefully needs a healthy offseason and a full training camp. I just hate this Gasol contract. He has to be the odd one out for us to improve.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So much dead weight to lose.

Get me some size and shooting. I want no more midgets, nor offensively challenged folks.
    Forbes, Paul, Jof are extendable. They don't provide enough upside to keep and I rather their place be taken up by the older guys instead.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What he really meant was that he still has a lot more paychecks to collect while doing nothing more than just cardio while showcasing his ballerina skills out on the court like the majestic swan that he's now become
    Pau...

tangina ka, though FireMicoHalili's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I hope the front office is done relying on 6’3 shooting guards and gets a big who can be an enforcer. Needs can be addressed via the draft but rookies take time to fully integrate into the system. I’m also wondering which damaged goods the Spurs are getting this year. Isn’t Derrick Rose on a one-year deal? Would add to the Spurs collection of 6’3 guards nicely.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Good breakdown on how the mechanics work around Kawhi from Bobby Marks. In summary with some editorializing:

• Extension deadline is October 15th
    • As most know, a Supermax deal can only be signed with the Spurs, and there is a one year no-trade that comes with it
    • The extension can have injury protections like Embiid’s, by a cir stances are different and Kawhi might be insulted
    • In a trade, he could only be extended in a deal with a first year extension salary of $24.1 million instead of $37.8 million. That would be financially punitive to him, and much lower than he’d get signing a deal as a free agent next offseason even with a new team. A new FA deal would be at 30% of the cap or at least $30 million, so a big difference
    • That team WOULD get his Bird rights though, and we know cap space will be limited in a year, limiting his options and giving that team a seat at the table - similar to Paul George. You also get bigger annual escalators which change the outer year dollars in the deal.
    • Spurs lose leverage on a possible trade as each day passes

My read here is that if Kawhi is at all concerned with long-term security, he’s taking a deal from the Spurs. Just remains to be seen what deal is offered. If he doesn’t, he either has to wait a full year for free agency as a Spur or on another team and hope his injury isn’t debilitating, or take a deal that starts $13 million a year lower after being traded to a new team to lock up the money now. He’s not taking that $24.1 million starting deal unless he’s incredibly concerned with his long-term health, in which case you wouldn’t want him on the Supermax deal either.

Some points on other players too if you read the full piece. Nothing groundbreaking but does go through options around the RFAs.
    TX for sharing useful information and tweet.

Intesresting that he would get a lot less if he’s traded than if he just becomes a FA on his own. Didn’t he have a trade kicker? Or no trade clause? I don’t think Pop will do him dirty anyways. It’s in both parties interest to get back together. I didn’t think he’d be traded and now I think that even less. Question is how much he will be back for and whether he will be healthy.

If his quad tendinopathy continues to be severe and chronic, doesn’t matter what you do with the rest of the season bc you will be playing Gay, Danny, Blossomgame or Brandon Paul those minutes anyways and have a do over of this season but worse.
    Last edited by SAGirl; 04-25-2018 at 09:46 AM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So much dead weight to lose.

Get me some size and shooting. I want no more midgets, nor offensively challenged folks.
    Pau has size and shooting...
    Last edited by SAGirl; 04-25-2018 at 10:33 AM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    TX for sharing useful information and tweet.

Intesresting that he would get a lot less if he’s traded than if he just becomes a FA on his own. Didn’t he have a trade kicker? Or no trade clause? I don’t think Pop will do him dirty anyways. It’s in both parties interest to get back together. I didn’t think he’d be traded and now I think that even less. Question is how much he will be back for and whether he will be healthy.

If his quad tendinopathy continues to be severe and chronic, doesn’t matter what you do with the rest of the season bc you will be playing Gay, Danny, Blossomgame or Brandon Paul those minutes anyways and have a do over of this season but worse.
    please

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Anderson Sucks
    Forbes Sucks
    Gasol Sucks
    Joffrey Sucks
    Green a decent defender a ing total loss on offense

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Maybe he gets cut. But remember how poor Bryn Forbes looked to us last year. I think they have worked with Paul all season to improve and will give him the same chance they gave Bryn Forbes to make the team again. He's in such a cheap deal that one has to figure he's still in the team for a reason. If he doesn't make the team out of training camp next season then he's cut.

Overall though, you know what I meant, if Kiwi is still injured, you end up with Rudy, if he's back, Danny if he picks up his option which will probably end up being in his best interest, and likely someone from the gleague or the draft pick... any rookie is going to get the same treatment every other rookie has gotten, Kyle, Dijon, White, Forbes all spent their initial season as mostly injury insurance and full time gleague players. Unless that rookie is really, really special he will end up getting the same treatment. For all we know Brandon Paul ends up getting the same opportunities Forbes got all this year.

Hoping that a better draft pick or blossom or someone new is added, but he still may get White/Forbes disparate treatment.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Do you think Mills, Murray and a 1st round pick in 2019 is feasible in a trade for Kemba Walker?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I've got a lot of gas left in the tank of my 2000 Chevrolet Astro. Still won't work.
    I've got some in the tank of my Pinto so be careful....

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

We shall see if QO get extended and guys pick up player options.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    No one knows how the Leonard situation plays out, but because it's in both sides' best interest to resolve their issues, I continue to think they will. Even if they don't, I'd expect the team to return mostly intact (with the exceptions of Green and Ginobili). Based on last off season, they clearly intended for this to more or less be the team until '19.

They'll probably spin it as follows: they were 2 games out of 3rd (while ignoring their being 1 game out of 9th) essentially without Leonard and haven't gotten to see how this team looks with him. Murray should improve and Gay and Parker will be further removed from significant injuries, meaning they and the team in general can hit the ground running instead of having the rotation in a constant state of flux.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Cut all those bums

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    No one knows how the Leonard situation plays out, but because it's in both sides' best interest to resolve their issues, I continue to think they will. Even if they don't, I'd expect the team to return mostly intact (with the exceptions of Green and Ginobili). Based on last off season, they clearly intended for this to more or less be the team until '19.

They'll probably spin it as follows: they were 2 games out of 3rd (while ignoring their being 1 game out of 9th) essentially without Leonard and haven't gotten to see how this team looks with him. Murray should improve and Gay and Parker will be further removed from significant injuries, meaning they and the team in general can hit the ground running instead of having the rotation in a constant state of flux.
    Good insight. Appreciate non troll takes.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Cut all those bums
    Tankkkkkk!!!!!

what uganda do about it? Joseph Kony's Avatar
    My Team
    Seattle Supersonics
    Post Count

I hope they extend the QO to Bertans. Everyone else can gtfo. I bet some team is going to offer Kyle a lot more than the SA will be willing to pay

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

I am very afraid you are right. My interest really flagged late this season. I skipped game 5 against the Dubs so I wouldn't miss a minute of a William Holden film festival. If PATFO proceeds as you suggest, I can't imagine that the team will play basketball that is good enough, intelligent enough or exciting enough to maintain my focused interest going forward. I am tired of being spun, too. This season made me weary.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Jof opts in. Bertans accepts qualifying offer. Anderson explores market. Gay opts out to resign longer deal. Green is a coin toss. I think spurs will trade him for cap space and can't guarantee he will go to a team he wants. So he has a lot to discuss with his agent.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The Hornets will likely blow it up, Kemba would be a nice fit, TBH.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I hope they extend the QO to Bertans. Everyone else can gtfo. I bet some team is going to offer Kyle a lot more than the SA will be willing to pay
    agree

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Jof opts in. Bertans accepts qualifying offer. Anderson explores market. Gay opts out to resign longer deal. Green is a coin toss. I think spurs will trade him for cap space and can't guarantee he will go to a team he wants. So he has a lot to discuss with his agent.
    The nba talent pool is so high players like jof and forbes are in the league

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Kyle started several games this season, seems like a good teammate, plays selflessly, is smart and has the "corporate knowledge" this organization rewards. He obviously has his flaws, but I will be interested to see how far the Spurs go to retain him.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Kyle started several games this season, seems like a good teammate, plays selflessly, is smart and has the "corporate knowledge" this organization rewards. He obviously has his flaws, but I will be interested to see how far the Spurs go to retain him.
    I am sure Spurs want him to stay but they have some other weaknesses to explore with the guards. He will get offered the qualifying and he will shop around, find a deal, and ask spurs to counter or match before he accepts.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    All depends on Kawhi, untill we know how Spurs will handle Kawhi headache, difficult to project ourselves.

Some obvious stuff FO will probably do imo no matter what:

- Sign Parker on a vet deal
    - Try to sign Manu for a couple of years
    - Try to keep Rudy on board

Thread Information