Page 4 of 115 FirstFirst 123456781454104 ... LastLast
    My Team
    Chicago Bulls
    Post Count
    All depends on Kawhi, untill we know how Spurs will handle Kawhi headache, difficult to project ourselves.

Some obvious stuff FO will probably do imo no matter what:

- Sign Parker on a vet deal
    - Try to sign Manu for a couple of years
    - Try to keep Rudy on board
    Manu and Parker will sign vet deals if Spurs can land LeBron, otherwise I see them wanting more.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Manu and Parker will sign vet deals if Spurs can land LeBron, otherwise I see them wanting more.
    imo there is no correlation between lebron kawhi and their own nego, both players will defend their interest but I trust them and FO to get a reasonable agreement

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Kyle started several games this season, seems like a good teammate, plays selflessly, is smart and has the "corporate knowledge" this organization rewards. He obviously has his flaws, but I will be interested to see how far the Spurs go to retain him.
    Kyle started most games that he was available to play.

Frankly to famous troll ElNono's dismay I think the Spurs will want him back unless they make a run at LeBron or someone of that nature...

Their "culture" guys are getting long in the tooth and if they lose him, they lose a glue guy that can fill in minutes at several positions, has great chemistry with their main star, is still young, fitting in with a youngish player movement and has legit size. When he didn't play bc he was injured it was Bryn Forbes taking his minutes, an undesirable outcome.

It's really going to be up to what else is out there for him. His QO is $6.5 mill so if the Spurs are making any significant FA addition like a Lebron, or someone of that nature he's gone (so will many others, it goes without saying).

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I am sure Spurs want him to stay but they have some other weaknesses to explore with the guards. He will get offered the qualifying and he will shop around, find a deal, and ask spurs to counter or match before he accepts.
    People here are thinking they stand pat with their guards... Continue to develop Murray, keep Tony, play White. Play Paddy as a SG.
    They do have Danny and Manu 's minutes to account for though. Adding a quality SG may be a priority of they don't come back. I suspect due to his scoring troubles they are ready to move on from Danny and he knows it.
    Last edited by SAGirl; 04-26-2018 at 02:05 PM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    All depends on Kawhi, untill we know how Spurs will handle Kawhi headache, difficult to project ourselves.

True ... Definitely.
    Manu is under contract already. It's really up to him what he wants to do.
    There are rumors that Rudy will opt out and Spurs will have interest.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Manu is under contract already. It's really up to him what he wants to do.
    ah yes.. sorry I forgot it was 2 years 5M.. thanks

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The Hornets will likely blow it up, Kemba would be a nice fit, TBH.

Spurs need an elite, young guard, Kemba could shine in SA.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I predict Kawhi and the Spurs will mend fences this summer, Kawhi will re-sign with the team, and LeBron will join forces with Kawhi and Aldridge to form the most formidable big 3 in the NBA since Miami.

Then next season, the Spurs' starting lineup will be:
    PG: Dejounte Murray
    SG: Kawhi Leonard
    SF: LeBron James
    PF: LaMarcus Aldridge
    C: Pau Gasol

WE STAAAAAAAAACKED

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Spurs need an elite, young guard, Kemba could shine in SA.
    Kemba is 6'1"; he'd fit right in.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I predict Kawhi and the Spurs will mend fences this summer, Kawhi will re-sign with the team, and LeBron will join forces with Kawhi and Aldridge to form the most formidable big 3 in the NBA since Miami.

WE STAAAAAAAAACKED

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Kemba is 6'1"; he'd fit right in.

What's about a Kemba, Parker, Mills, Forbes, LMA lineup? It seems like Pop's adapting to NBA modern times. When most teams go small, he goes smaller...A visionary

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It's not so much that CoJo opted-in but it's that last sentence that bothers me. We have a couple of guys with player options.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It's not so much that CoJo opted-in but it's that last sentence that bothers me. We have a couple of guys with player options.

for teams that planned things right, this summer there will be bargains. The stars will always get their money but there will be roleplayers for very cheap and/or short deals comparatively speaking... hopefully PATFO takes advantage. I do expect Danny to opt in and Rudy expressed interest in coming back but he could go either way. He did say he'd like to get back to compete for championships. If Kiwi's gone Rudy is not going to be back. There is a chance Rudy just bandwagons somewhere else like Dworst did as well.

Outside of them, the RFA will find a very rough market...

It all depends on Kiwi tho.

My Team
    Cleveland Cavaliers
    Post Count

Except Manu is under contract for another season for 2.5M

My Team
    Chicago Bulls
    Post Count

WE STAAAAAAAAACKED
    I would love to see a big 3 of Leonard, James and Aldridge. I just don't want fans in the NBA to expect an NBA le though it's hoped for with that lineup.

It would be interesting to see Leonard and James as a formidable dynamic duo, would be MJ and Pip esque. It's good for the NBA.

So every season Spurs, Rockets, Warriors will go at it for the Western Conference championship.

LeBron probably wants to team up with Leonard because it will help prolong his NBA career, in Cleveland he has to do it all again since Kyrie departed.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Except Manu is under contract for another season for 2.5M
    ah yes.. sorry I forgot it was 2 years 5M.. thanks
    already apologized for dat

foaming at the nostrils raybies's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

WE STAAAAAAAAACKED
    nah it's be Patty in and Pau out lol

Murray
    Mills
    Leonard
    James
    Aldridge

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Was going to post about the player option deadline, which is June 29th:

via hoopsrumors:

In other words, if you had a player option decision to make during the last two offseasons, declining that option was almost a no-brainer. That’s unlikely to be the case again in 2018, however.

With less cap room available around the NBA this summer and teams not expected to be as aggressive on the free agent market as they were in 2017 or – especially – 2016, exercising a player option may be the most prudent move for a veteran mulling his future. After all, in many cases, there’s no guarantee that he’d do better on the open market.

This year’s player options are listed below. Option decisions are due by June 29 unless a player’s contract specifically calls for an earlier deadline, so we’ll continue to update this list through the end of June to note the latest decisions.
    Point Guards

Shooting Guards

Small Forwards

Power Forwards

Centers

* Note: Anthony has an early termination option on his contract. This isn’t technically a player option, but practically speaking, it serves the same function.

https://www.hoopsrumors.com/2018/04/...or-201819.html

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Dedmon and Arthur will probably opt out, imo.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    nah it's be Patty in and Pau out lol

Murray
    Mills
    Leonard
    James
    Aldridge
    As Chinook said, it would require a opt in trade to spurs for Lebron to come. Green opts in, Green, Gasol, and some ungaranteed contracts, plus cash considerations could get it done. Without Green opting in though, it makes it harder and would require mills, which cavs may not want have any part of it due to years left.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    ...Mills had a nice end of season that could help for his image and trade value...the point is if Spurs want to let him go 'cause of the spurs coulture and corporate knowledge
    he 's been en led with...imho if it takes Pau and Mills to give for having only just one year bof Le Bron, it's a no brainer...with green and gay opting in we could have a starting five of

Le Bron - Green - Kiwi - Gay - Alridge an d a possible bench of

Murray (Parker) - White (Ginobili) - Bertans - Kyle - Milutinov (plus mle big)

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    ...Mills had a nice end of season that could help for his image and trade value...the point is if Spurs want to let him go 'cause of the spurs coulture and corporate knowledge
    he 's been en led with...imho if it takes Pau and Mills to give for having only just one year bof Le Bron, it's a no brainer...with green and gay opting in we could have a starting five of

Le Bron - Green - Kiwi - Gay - Alridge an d a possible bench of

Murray (Parker) - White (Ginobili) - Bertans - Kyle - Milutinov (plus mle big)
    You would want to keep Mills in town if Lebron is in. You surround Lebron with shooters. Murray and Parker would not be a good fit.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Anybody desirable signed to a long term contract with a team that has decided not to compete?
    I ask this because to some extent Pau's contract is sort of expiring..

Yes it could be part of a package to get Le Bron, although I think that is a bit of a pipe dream...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Didn't like most of the Spurs assistants and Coach Bud apply for that job?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Update on player options:

Point Guards

Shooting Guards

Small Forwards

Power Forwards

Centers

https://www.hoopsrumors.com/2018/04/...or-201819.html

Thread Information