Page 7 of 115 FirstFirst ... 345678910111757107 ... LastLast
    Go Lakers/Giants/Yankees David Stern's Avatar
    My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    The Spurs got a one time benefit from being the first to scout Europe. They no longer have that advantage. Giving kawhi there supermax will cripple their ability to get new talent and almost assuredly locks in the current roster. Not sure you had a point with your post
    Seriously? That’s the best load of bull you have to come back with? Spurs drafted Kawhi in 2012. What rebuttal do you have for that? Dumbass response from a dumbass poster. Keep eating those paintchips, got.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Nobody thought Manu was going to be a long term sidekick for Duncan, same with Parker. They basically replaced Derek Anderson/Steve Smith with Manu. And then Avery Johnson/Terry Porter/ Antonio Daniels with Tony Parker. Gasol is a known overpaid washed up piece of . Gotta bring in some youngsters with possible upside. Can’t just stand around and do nothing. They didn’t do that with Duncan, and shouldn’t with Kawhi. That supermax is more than just money being paid. It’s a promise and commitment that Kawhi is the face of the team and he will be given stability around him.
    To be fair, they are trending younger. Murray has taken Parker's role, White probably takes Ginobili's sooner than later and the 18th pick could conceivably do the same with Green. They're going to have to find a Gasol replacement relatively soon, but outside of that, I think there's a good chance the only over 30 players a year from now, are Aldridge, Gay, Mills and possibly Gasol, who'd likely be in his final season if retained.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Spurs need to keep it real with Green and Tony who were great and good players in the old days. But times have changed and both are no longer able to produce. It’s sad but need to move on and get younger and better players. We should not waste Good LMA years with g league scrubs Forbes.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Seriously? That’s the best load of bull you have to come back with? Spurs drafted Kawhi in 2012. What rebuttal do you have for that? Dumbass response from a dumbass poster. Keep eating those paintchips, got.
    you mean we should trade a rotation piece from a late lottery pick or do you have faith that the spurs development will produce another kawhi from the late first round, or even better, just a danny green from the d league. The burden of proof is on you to show the spurs can give kawhi better players.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If you like flair

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Is Danny Green ever in a gym nowadays?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Jabari seemed to be leading Danny into that question about his contract. “Are you looking to recoup money”. Danny said when he signed his deal he didn’t think he took a discount. But instead of just asking about his future he took a bit of a dig.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Jabari seemed to be leading Danny into that question about his contract. “Are you looking to recoup money”. Danny said when he signed his deal he didn’t think he took a discount. But instead of just asking about his future he took a bit of a dig.
    Didn't read the piece, but I don't think that question is bad for Green. If Danny is looking to get a new deal, the idea that he was underpaid on his previous contract suggests that even after the decline, Green is worth more than some might think.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Is Danny Green ever in a gym nowadays?
    Hes a pro but cant dribble or shoot layups... hes the perimeter version of pau. Todays nba is a joke

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I find Danny's answer more interesting than Young's question.

"It’s just that; you have to play it by year. That time has passed. Obviously, I would love to get it back, but it’s a new day, a new age, a new free agency. The (salary) cap is different. It’s gone up and down. I don’t think they feel like, “We owe him, so we should throw extra money at him.” So, it’s not like that. It’s a situational thing. At the time it was it made sense to do it because we had a great team coming in with LaMarcus (Aldridge) and David West. Everyone was coming back, and I thought we had a chance to win it, so it made sense to make it work. That’s how the numbers had to add up. Of course, I would love to get that back but either way, I didn’t regret the decision. … It’s definitely worth taking a cut to be happy and being in the organization that you feel comfortable with, playing good basketball and winning. … Regardless, I’m still going to attack the process the same way I did before. I want to be in a situation with good basketball, I want to be winning, I want to be happy, I want to be playing, and I want to be competing. I want to be in the league long and be in a good situation where the team is winning, or we’re building in a good direction to where I know we have a shot each year."

He wanted to "make it work" because he thought the Spurs had a chance to win it all in 2015. Now, the situation could be different.

Also, he said he wants to play...That means, he doesn't want to have less minutes in a backup role.

And I wouldn't forget the part about a team "winning or building in a good direction".

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    For sure. I said before this that if Kawhi is gone that both Danny and Rudy opt out. If Kawhi is back, I can see Danny opting-in (Rudy I think opts out no matter what).

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Interesting that Danny got a PRP shot after the season and is still rehabbing his left groin. It might have affected his shooting and OvErall performance since he started the season well and at some point just went downhill.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Also, while Danny is clear that he's taking his time and waiting to get feedback from his agent and the organization, he's looking for a long term deal. I frankly am inclined to think he opts out.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Good for him. I hop he finds a good situation after all he’s been through

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Good for him. I hop he finds a good situation after all he’s been through
    Exactly. I'm happy for him.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The best organization in the league getting their pantry raided like usual. Happy that all these talented people that have grown in the Spurs org are getting their chances to spread their wings. SA’s reach in the league is unmatched.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Spurs need to keep it real with Green and Tony who were great and good players in the old days. But times have changed and both are no longer able to produce. It’s sad but need to move on and get younger and better players. We should not waste Good LMA years with g league scrubs Forbes.
    But you just know they will. They're still clearly trying to use these guys up until there is nothing left in the hopes that some of their 2014 magic will return.

It's not happening, but PATFO seems content with letting one-dimensional, past their prime scrubs eat up cap space 'cause "culture", and "loyalty".

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Why wouldn’t the Spurs move him to the bench to replace Borrego? Or is Becky replacing Borrego? I’m sure we could of used Monty

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Dejounte posted a snap of him and Bryn Forbes working out. Bryn looks like he's gained a lot of muscle.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If you like flair
    flair

"Brian, for example, has 37 pieces of flair"

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Why wouldn’t the Spurs move him to the bench to replace Borrego? Or is Becky replacing Borrego? I’m sure we could of used Monty
    There's still a gap between being the lead assistant and just being on a bench.

Thread Information