Page 114 of 115 FirstFirst ... 1464104110111112113114115 LastLast
Results 2,826 to 2,850 of 2871
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I know, but if Ariza is bought out he's going back to Houston 100%
    I truly believe that bridges were burned with their going to the suns, let's see soon

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    yes that means a part of the MLE should be enough to get him. If we trade for Carroll we got bird rights and can resign him. Or Spurs create cap space and sign him with that
    Nets won't take Mills as they are going with cap space for next offseason. Net's won't do with Gasol as he is owed 6mil next season. Best Spurs could offer in January is Bertans, Cunningham, and Poeltl. That might be enough for the Nets to accept if they feel that Bertans and Poeltl will be part of their rotation next season. Carroll is expiring, so I don't see the Spurs giving up two young guys wrapped up for next season for a rental. In short, Spurs won't get Carroll. Plus Carroll is not a true SF anymore. And he stunk last time he played with DD.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Nets won't take Mills as they are going with cap space for next offseason. Net's won't do with Gasol as he is owed 6mil next season. Best Spurs could offer in January is Bertans, Cunningham, and Poeltl. That might be enough for the Nets to accept if they feel that Bertans and Poeltl will be part of their rotation next season. Carroll is expiring, so I don't see the Spurs giving up two young guys wrapped up for next season for a rental. In short, Spurs won't get Carroll. Plus Carroll is not a true SF anymore. And he stunk last time he played with DD.
    The Nets don't need cap space badly enough to avoid Gasol if they're being paid to take him on. They'll have one max slot going away, and they'll need to essentially gut their team to make a second slot. With Kyrie nixing a partnership with Butler, I don't think Brooklyn feels there's any real reason to worry about cap. Marks likely won't take Mills, though. RC_Drunkford has been suggesting trades that I think most of us feel would be very favorable to the Spurs if they were made. I don't think anyone is willing to give pure expirings for Mills, even with the Toronto pick. I also think teams would want something for taking Pau if they aren't giving back more money. But all it takes is one front office (besides PATFO) to feel like one of both of those players still has good value. Maybe such a team is out there, but if they are, they likely have their own share of awful contracts that makes taking on that extra salary tricky.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The Nets don't need cap space badly enough to avoid Gasol if they're being paid to take him on. They'll have one max slot going away, and they'll need to essentially gut their team to make a second slot. With Kyrie nixing a partnership with Butler, I don't think Brooklyn feels there's any real reason to worry about cap. Marks likely won't take Mills, though. RC_Drunkford has been suggesting trades that I think most of us feel would be very favorable to the Spurs if they were made. I don't think anyone is willing to give pure expirings for Mills, even with the Toronto pick. I also think teams would want something for taking Pau if they aren't giving back more money. But all it takes is one front office (besides PATFO) to feel like one of both of those players still has good value. Maybe such a team is out there, but if they are, they likely have their own share of awful contracts that makes taking on that extra salary tricky.
    I'm just trying to figure out how to solve the SF problem going forward, but it's almost impossible to bring in quality 3-and-D wings without moving Mills. Gasol can always be waived and stretched, but they most likely need to free up about 15 million to sign a quality wing and Rudy Gay's cap hold makes that even more difficult

Msg to GNSF; Be Bold Immortal Spur's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yeah, I don't think any trades will happen this year. Kind of dawning on me. It's gonna cost a pick to get any deal done and I don't think PATFO would feel the juice is worth the squeeze so to speak. Two firsts are very valuable and with the flexibility, there is no need to pawn picks and lose players. There will be desperate teams at the draft which would give the most value. I'd also like to see what we can do or get with two firsts. Draft could be exciting.

Sad to say but I don't think Mills or Pau is going anywhere. It could get interesting, just probably not this year. Murray is out for the year so that lightens the load. But having Murray, White, Forbes, Mills, and Walker with not enough time on the court, could lead to some changes. I just don't think Patty is going anywhere for awhile actually. He may just become a third stringer which sucks cause of the contract.

If the Spurs can play like they did against the Lakers, they could get by with what they have especially if White and Walker can become contributors. Prolly best for the team in the long run even if it hurts short term.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm just trying to figure out how to solve the SF problem going forward, but it's almost impossible to bring in quality 3-and-D wings without moving Mills. Gasol can always be waived and stretched, but they most likely need to free up about 15 million to sign a quality wing and Rudy Gay's cap hold makes that even more difficult
    DeAndre Hunter and Jaylen Hoard.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think they will move Gasol in the offseason. I just don't see any players out there with a contract around 7 million that would move the needle if we bring them over, so waive and stretch might make sense

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Marc gasol next summer ...anyone???

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    There is a chance Gasol opts out of his last deal and takes a year deal of 8 mil.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    There is a chance Gasol opts out of his last deal and takes a year deal of 8 mil.
    There's no player option. I wonder if it's legal that we waive him and then right after re-sign him for the min? I doubt it. Or at least the next CBA would block it.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    There's no player option. I wonder if it's legal that we waive him and then right after re-sign him for the min? I doubt it. Or at least the next CBA would block it.
    Nah, that's legal as long as they don't stretch him.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Nah, that's legal as long as they don't stretch him.
    He would still only make the $6M + min then, as long as we waived him before it became fully guaranteed?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He would still only make the $6M + min then, as long as we waived him before it became fully guaranteed?
    Yes. Theoretically, you'd want to waive him and June and re-sign him later in July after he shops around a bit. Because all the money is being paid in one year, the Spurs can't be accused to cir venting the salary cap, which is why it's against the rules to re-sign a guy you stretch that season. But the NBA would probably feel more comfortable if it didn't seem to be a pre-arranged roster move.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yes. Theoretically, you'd want to waive him and June and re-sign him later in July after he shops around a bit. Because all the money is being paid in one year, the Spurs can't be accused to cir venting the salary cap, which is why it's against the rules to re-sign a guy you stretch that season. But the NBA would probably feel more comfortable if it didn't seem to be a pre-arranged roster move.

Right, my understanding is that even something like opting out in order to allow the team to shop for FA's (i.e. Gasol summer 2017 situation) is still technically considered tampering but the NBA would never do anything about it.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Right, my understanding is that even something like opting out in order to allow the team to shop for FA's (i.e. Gasol summer 2017 situation) is still technically considered tampering but the NBA would never do anything about it.
    Yeah, that's like the grayest of gray areas. But you can't have anything binding. Like the Spurs could have left Pau hanging in 2017, but if he pulled out some signed do ent from them or whatever, they'd've been hit with the Wolves treatment.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Suns gonna decline option on Bender. Rockets likely to decline Chriss’s option as well. I like both players but dang... PHX, the place talented draft picks go to die. Bender might be an option next year given PATFO’s reputation among Euros.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Suns gonna decline option on Bender. Rockets likely to decline Chriss’s option as well. I like both players but dang... PHX, the place talented draft picks go to die. Bender might be an option next year given PATFO’s reputation among Euros.
    just thought the exact same thing when I read this. Marquese Chriss also played for the same college that Dejounte played for. He would strive having LaMarcus and Duncan as mentors

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    New guy already looks like he'll be a better defender than Patty Mills.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Or at least a smarter one.

Sorry, but somebody had to say it.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Not really that was kinda stupid.

Mills is a smart guy blame Pop and RC for making him a muti millionaire

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Every game is game 1 Seventyniner's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Certainly headier.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Didn't BatManu20 have a hard-on for Korkmaz during the summer? Here you go man.

http://www2.philly.com/philly/sports...ium%3Dsharebar

A league source said Monday the Sixers hadn't decided if they're going to exercise the $2.03 million third-year team option on his contract. The team likes Korkmaz's scoring ability but is unsure about retaining him. It might try to trade him. A source said Korkmaz wants to be traded over lack of playing time.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Didn't BatManu20 have a hard-on for Korkmaz during the summer? Here you go man.

http://www2.philly.com/philly/sports...ium%3Dsharebar
    we can get him some playing time over in Austin. All he can handle.

Thread Information