Page 324 of 414 FirstFirst ... 224274314320321322323324325326327328334374 ... LastLast
Results 8,076 to 8,100 of 10345
    My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    24/7 saying there is a "mutal interest" between UT and Oregon OL commitment Jonah Tauanu'u of Harbor City, CA.

And, of course, LB De'Gabriel Floyd is recruiting him.

https://247sports.com/Player/Jonah-Tauanuu-46037520/
    Isn't Narbonne the school where De'Gabriel Floyds cousin goes to? I remember some talk early about a 2019 DB with, allegedly, ridiculous tape and measurebles but horrible grades.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Two notes from The Football Brainiacs...

-they're hearing RB Trey Sanders was very fond of former Alabama OC Mike Locksley (Kai's father). With Locksley being re-hired by Maryland this week, that supposedly leaves a "sizable" window for Florida and Texas to make a bigger move with him.

-the Texas coaches are telling WR Lil'Jordan Humphrey they believe he should return for his senior year. It appears as if the decision will come down to his draft grade as opposed to former players who were ready to leave UT regardless of their draft position.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Isn't Narbonne the school where De'Gabriel Floyds cousin goes to? I remember some talk early about a 2019 DB with, allegedly, ridiculous tape and measurebles but horrible grades.
    You got me there, buddy.

I don't recall who Floyd's cousin is, but Narbonne has a ton of talent.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Inside Texas thinks Texas is in the lead for JUCO LB Caleb Johnson.

They will have more in a report tomorrow.
    They followed up this morning and said Oregon doesn't feel confident.

Herman will go in-home with Johnson next week and it's a good sign the staff hasn't offered any other JUCO LBs.

Watching the collapse benefactor's Avatar
    My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    They followed up this morning and said Oregon doesn't feel confident.

Herman will go in-home with Johnson next week and it's a good sign the staff hasn't offered any other JUCO LBs.
    I really like this kids tape. Good instincts and great motor.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Per OrangeBloods, JUCO OL Myron Cunningham has scheduled an official visit to UT for December 14th.

https://247sports.com/Player/Myron-Cunningham-46058777/

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count

Post Count
    Well that has to be good for Caleb Johnson and the new OLineman currently committed to Oregon. I mean it cant be a bad thing for Texas.

Of course NCAA probation is similar to someone shaking their finger at you saying "Youuuu, dont do that again"
    Last edited by texbound; 12-05-2018 at 02:25 PM.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    24/7 saying Texas will see WR Elijah Higgins of Austin Bowie this week.

His recruitment could go beyond the early signing period depending on what happens with the Stanford admissions process.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Coach Warehime checked on 2020 ATH Michael Henderson, Jr. of Irving Ranchview yesterday, according to 24/7.

https://247sports.com/Player/Michael...rson-46037341/

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    While in Arizona, 24/7 reporting Coach Beck stopped to see 2020 RB Darvon Hubbard and 2020 WR Tommy Christakos.

https://247sports.com/Player/Darvon-Hubbard-46047275/

https://247sports.com/Player/Tommy-Christakos-46047035/

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Update on five-star ATH Bru McCoy of Santa Ana, CA (24/7):

“It was a great visit, they (Texas) were here for four hours,” McCoy said. “It didn’t even seem like four hours though because for most of it, we didn’t even talk football. We just talked about real casual about everything, that’s how my relationship is with those guys."

“Coach Mehringer is awesome. I’m closer to him than any other coach by far, it’s not even close. He’s young and and such a cool dude. He told me that of course he wants me at Texas but no matter where I go, he’s going to support me and we’re going to stay in touch all though college. I know a lot of coaches say that but with him, I believe it."

“His players love him. He’s more than just a coach. They told me how much he looks out for them and how they can come to him about anything, whether it’s football , school work or even girl issues. He always has their back and he told me how much he invests in his players and how much he cares and all the guys I talked to totally reiterated that.”

“They have a specific plan in place for me,” McCoy said. “Right now, it looks like both Lil’Jordan Humphrey and Collin Johnson could leave early for the Draft. Humphrey really blew up this year and plays the X receiver, which is where they want me to come in and play."

“They said they really don’t have anyone else on the roster who can play that position and that’s their key spot in the offense. Coach Mehringer said if I didn’t come in, they would probably not even utilize that position in the offense because there is no one else who could play that spot."

“They showed me how perfect I fit in there and obviously there is nothing guaranteed but I would have a great chance to come in and make an immediate impact there and that’s huge. Apart from that, Texas is just a great school with a great staff and they’re definitely on the rise, that’s easy to see. I really liked it there on both of my visits and I’m definitely giving them a very hard look right now.”

“I saw they just hired Kliff Kingsbury and I’m really excited about that,” McCoy said. “I’ve heard nothing but great things about him as a person and I’m excited to meet him. USC was supposed to come in this week for a home visit but they pushed it back so they could come to my game and coach Kingsbury is supposed to be there as well."

“I know a lot about his offense and how they run it and if you’re a wide receiver, you can’t help but be excited. They play four wide receivers and rotate six and seven guys so you’re going to get playing time. I love the up tempo, full spread offense, it’s exactly what we have been doing at Mater Dei the last three years and I know JT (Daniels, USC QB) is super excited to play in this system too. It fits him perfectly."

“Watching the old USC offense and seeing all the two wide receivers sets on 3rd and long was so frustrating. When you have as many athletes as USC does, you have to use them. I mean USC has as many athletes as any school in the country, especially at the receiver position and I think Kingsbury is the kind of coach who knows how to use them and maximize everyone’s ability. I talked to Amon-Ra (St. Brown, USC WR) the other day and he can’t wait to play in this system and said everyone there is excited too.”

“UCLA and Washington will be in next week too,” McCoy said. “I don’t know the exact dates right now but both head coaches, Chip Kelly and Chris Petersen will be coming in. I’m graduating later this month too and I’m still planning to commit at the All-American Game January 5."

“Schools on the semester system start on January 17 so after the AA Game, I’ll just have a few weeks before I’m in college. It’s crazy how fast this all went for me but I’m looking forward to the next challenge and excited to see what happens for me.”

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Coach Hand started following this OL transferring out of Oregon.

https://247sports.com/Player/Jacob-Capra-75691/

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Coach Mehringer being mentioned as a candidate for the open James Madison job.

He was once their offensive coordinator.

https://www.breezejmu.org/sports/bre...00a1c2ce2.html

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Per OrangeBloods, ATH Peyton Powell of Odessa Permian will be taking an official visit to Baylor this weekend.

He's also said he will be talking to the new Texas Tech staff soon.
    24/7 saying there isn't anything to be concerned about as far as Baylor goes.

At least one of Powell's high school teammates is visiting this weekend and he is thinking about tagging along, but it's not set in stone.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    You got me there, buddy.

I don't recall who Floyd's cousin is, but Narbonne has a ton of talent.
    Jordan Patterson was the name. Offers from USC and UCLA (probably not legit). His 24/7 profile says he plays for Westlake with Floyd, but I did find an article saying he used to play for Narbonne.

But I can't really find anything about them being cousins. I'm probably remembering wrong.

https://247sports.com/player/jordan-patterson-89526/

My Team
    Texas Tech Red Raiders
    Post Count
    Slap on the wrist

NCAA blows

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Holland from 24/7 has crystal balled 2020 CB Kelee Ringo of Scottsdale, AZ to Texas.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count

Thread Information