Results 1,276 to 1,300 of 10345
    my unders, my frgn whites pgardn's Avatar
    My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Thanks.
    This was very informative.

Points of emphasis for me:

Orlando mentioning the delicacy between overcoaching a kid vs. allowing instinct to take over is comforting for me. During a game some of these kids might be able to tell what the play the opponent will run and thus risk the ire of the coaches if they make the wrong snap decision. IMO the coaches need to give certain players la ude. “Just do your job and trust the other guys on your team” is a positional and personal matter. Coaches gotta know who can go off script. This is really knowing your team and understanding the type of defense you play.

Pointing out that Herman realized the difficulty of play calling during our bowl game. Couple this with a blending of game planning from all coaches, which is reasonable, but hardly the same as in game play calling. I know we had an unusual injury situation that did not allow us to run the ball and had to cut the playbook by at least 1/2. Some of the plays we called were the only plays that had a chance to work but put our QBs at risk. If we have an offense that is actually competent, it would be nice to know that Herman would take over as I thought he was the offensive genius ? (or he just had a wide la ude of plays because of his QB at Houston?)

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Nelson's absence allows Orlando to build D-line depth for Texas (Howe 24/7)

link: https://247sports.com/college/texas/...aham-117067504

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Texas offense and defense both experiencing success in recent practices (BON)

link: https://www.burntorangenation.com/20...nse-tom-herman

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    LB Gary Johnson

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    EJ (24/7) on who he may be putting crystal Balls in for. Some names in here you might not have on your radar.

Well, we both just put in Crystal Ball picks for four-star wide receiver Dylan Wright. He was definitely the closest earlier in the week. But obviously, that pick is in. I would say I’m pretty close to putting in one for Louisiana athlete Makiya Tongue. He loved his recent visit, and I’m continuing to hear that the Longhorns have the inside track. His return visit is going to be huge. I wouldn’t say I’m really close on any other recruits. I’ve considered putting in picks for Rian Davis (he loves UT and will visit soon) and Javonne Shepherd (UT is building steam and it would fire up my Twitter mentions, which I enjoy).

Roach also added he's pretty close to picking DB Jalen Catalon and NaNa Osafo-Mensah to the CB's.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Tfloss is hoping that’s not the case because that’ll mean we are getting two commits next month instead of just getting Watson.
    That's a bad thing? Why is getting an additional commitment bad? They'd still get Watson. He said "+ Watson". So I'm confused.
    bluetrumpet is correct, but allow me to re-phrase in more detail.

What I was trying to say is I hope the nationally ranked player who committed on Wednesday night is NOT CB Kenyatta Watson.

The reason I say that is because that would mean Texas is likely getting two commitments; the nationally ranked player AND Watson (also nationally ranked).

I think Watson is a UT lean right now and will publicly commit to Texas on May 4th, so I'm hoping Wednesday's commitment is someone else like DT DeMarvin Leal.

I didn't mean to come across as saying something was negative. It's all good.

***Nobody should be scared to ask questions or seek clarification. Lots of knowledgeable dudes on this board.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Nelson's absence allows Orlando to build D-line depth for Texas (Howe 24/7)

link: https://247sports.com/college/texas/...aham-117067504
    I sure hope Nelson gets his mind right and stays.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    The Myth that is Kirk Johnson

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    His kidneys started to shut down...

Thats not good. Long term it’s not good either. He must be one of these guys who does not pass out early enough, his body temp. got to 106? That’s ridiculous...

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    The Football Brainiacs are saying LB David Gbenda of Katy Cinco Ranch will be in Austin this weekend.

My Team
    Texas Tech Red Raiders
    Post Count
    Nothing su ious here

My Team
    Texas Tech Red Raiders
    Post Count
    So if you think you might have to transfer later, go to easier school in a easy degree program

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Nothing su ious here
    As shady as Ole Miss is/was, it appears to be a case of a guy who received several offers before even starting on varsity, his stock went way down and he was left without a lot of options.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Pretty damn cool.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Holland and Roach from 24/7 have put in UT crystal balls for DE/LB NaNa Osafo-Mensah of Fort Worth Nolan Catholic.

Roach saying Texas "made up a ton of ground" on his recent visit and the source even went as far as saying UT now leads.

Osafo-Mensah wants to major in Business, and UT coaches did a great job of selling him on that as well.

My Team
    TAMU-CC Islanders
    Post Count
    That is good news...anytime the temp is at 100+, extreme caution should be used in practice, especially for the big guys in the trenches.

Holland and Roach from 24/7 have put in UT crystal balls for DE/LB NaNa Osafo-Mensah of Fort Worth Nolan Catholic.

Roach saying Texas "made up a ton of ground" on his recent visit and the source even went as far as saying UT now leads.

Osafo-Mensah wants to major in Business, and UT coaches did a great job of selling him on that as well.
    Loving this news, curious if he's being considered a LB or DE though?

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    That is good news...anytime the temp is at 100+, extreme caution should be used in practice, especially for the big guys in the trenches.
    I don’t think the air temps in college station got close to that. It’s the humidity. You can’t lose heat from sweating if the water does not evaporate a bit. Caution when those pads and helmets keep all that heat in. They need to be taking off those helmets and running cooler water over their heads constantly if they are gonna practice in that kind of humidity with full pads.

I thought they had some sort of tubing the could actually put down in the pads on the body and run cold water through it as well? These kids need to be told not to tough out these dizzy spells when they overheat. Sounds like this poor kid probably turned white and stopped perspiring... 106... that’s really bad.

Thread Information