Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I recently watched several hours of a special series in the heroin/fentanyl issue that had actual interviews with the guys cutting and selling it. They said the junkies demanded the fentanyl cut for the buzz. They alse admitted all they could do when cutting the heroin was guess at how much to add and the test was putting it on the street. The closer they could get to max without killing the junkies the better they liked it and ods were just a normal business event because newer users couldnt handle the cut.
    What was the show? Any good?

My Favorite Faded Fantasy The Gemini Method's Avatar
    My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    What was the show? Any good?
    Sounds like 'Dope' on Netflix. They talk about how they test the cut of fentanyl to heroin is going to garner the most bang for the buck. How also another synthetic form called cofentanyl is also making a push in to the market and is really wrecking havoc on the addicts. It's a pretty solic do entary that shows the various sides of the dope game.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Use that open mind ...

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Sounds like 'Dope' on Netflix. They talk about how they test the cut of fentanyl to heroin is going to garner the most bang for the buck. How also another synthetic form called cofentanyl is also making a push in to the market and is really wrecking havoc on the addicts. It's a pretty solic do entary that shows the various sides of the dope game.
    Yeah, it was the first episode. Really good show.

Sad how the dealers admit they give fiends knowingly fatal doses to test the "quality".

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Thats why in the OP I said just give the fiends the for free in safe single use needles. It stops the ODs and stops the associated crime to scrounge the $10 for the pop.

My Favorite Faded Fantasy The Gemini Method's Avatar
    My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Yeah, it was the first episode. Really good show.

Sad how the dealers admit they give fiends knowingly fatal doses to test the "quality".
    Nothing new. The Cartels, La Cosa Nostra, Frank Lucas all did this. The mindset that no one would care if a fiend would die because, well they're fiends, was modus operandi in the dope game. It's all about hype. You have the best product, you're going to garner the most repeat customers. Be damned if a few corpses gets in the way of supplying.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Cool. I've already got that one on my list.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    US Opioid Crisis Cost: $1 Trillion and Counting

According to a report out Tuesday from Altarum, a non-profit health research and consulting ins ute, since 2001 the opioid crisis has cost $1 trillion

in lost wages,

lost productivity,

healthcare costs, and

lost tax revenues

in addition to direct spending for healthcare, social services, education, and criminal justice.

Based on an average age of death from an overdose of 41, lost earnings and productivity are estimated to total $800,000 per person. In 2017 the number opioid overdose deaths exceeded 62,500 (extrapolated from data through June). The loss totaled about $50 billion.

For the four years from 2016 to 2020, Altarum estimates that the opioid epidemic will cost another $500 billion. The annual loss rose from $60.9 billion 2011 to $95.8 billion in 2016, a jump of more than 57% over the five year period. By 2020 the annual loss attributable to the opioid epidemic is forecast at $199.9 billion.

It is likely that even if the federal budget includes $13 billion to tackle the opioid epidemic that total would be more than offset by the cost to healthcare providers from the loss of Medicaid funds.

Keith Humphreys, a drug policy expert at Stanford University, told Vox News, “On balance, this is a net cut in health services for people with opioid pr
    oblems.”

https://247wallst.com/healthcare-eco...F7+Wall+St.%29

As Cosmic Parasite and other rightwingnuts would say, "good riddance" to the druggie losers.

my unders, my frgn whites pgardn's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I recently watched several hours of a special series in the heroin/fentanyl issue that had actual interviews with the guys cutting and selling it. They said the junkies demanded the fentanyl cut for the buzz. They alse admitted all they could do when cutting the heroin was guess at how much to add and the test was putting it on the street. The closer they could get to max without killing the junkies the better they liked it and ods were just a normal business event because newer users couldnt handle the cut.
    This is proof that evil exists for me.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Ok cool.

A go to bed watch.
    Thanks.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Seth Meyers' "Check In" on Trash opioid crisis "efforts"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GuBH_jlhKtA
    Last edited by boutons_deux; 02-28-2018 at 08:24 AM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Trash is the worst nickname of all time boo

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The Opioid Crisis Is Surging In Black, Urban Communities

The current drug addiction crisis began in rural America, but it's quickly spreading to urban areas and into the African-American population in cities across the country.

"It's a frightening time," says Dr. Edwin Chapman, who specializes in drug addiction in Washington, D.C.,

"because the urban African-American community is dying now at a faster rate than the epidemic in the suburbs and rural areas."

in Washington, D.C., overall opioid overdose deaths among black men between the ages of 40 and 69 increased 245 percent from 2014 to 2017.

Nationally, the drug death rate is also rising most steeply among African-Americans. Among blacks in urban counties, deaths rose by 41 percent in 2016,

"African-Americans are falling victim to fentanyl and carfentanyl because they are so much more potent than heroin,"

"People who've even been lifelong heroin users are dying because they don't understand how to rate those doses,"

https://www.npr.org/2018/03/08/57919...ck-urban-areas

Nothing was done about the opioid crisis in Trash's white base.

The racist Repugs certainly won't be motivated to do anything about black drug deaths.

Repugs enriched the oligarchy and themselves with their tax cut corruption, so legislative GAMEOVER. Repugs haven't scheduled Congress to do much of anything for the rest of the year.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This is where individual States can start doing something and ask for help. This is where State Governors should theoretically start doing their job. Meeting with mayors and getting their together. Bring federal attention to the issue. If it matters to them.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Last edited by boutons_deux; 03-19-2018 at 07:23 AM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    We have had a "war on drugs" for 60 years now. What the can we do different to keep people that want to get high from sticking needles in their arms?

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Places with legal marijuana issue fewer opioid prescriptions, large studies find

https://www.pbs.org/newshour/health/...e-studies-find

Sessions still ramp up his war on marijuana, and tell prosecutors to max out the fines, civil forfeitures, prison terms.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Pharmaceutical executive apologizes to Congress for role in opioid crisis: 'I am deeply sorry'

A Cardinal Health executive, George Barrett, apologized for his drug company's slow response to the unprecedented influx of prescription opioids to small towns in West Virginia,

while Joseph Mastandrea of Miami-Luken admitted that his company had worsened the opioid crisis.
    The panel has been probing the pharmaceutical companies in light of discoveries that they shipped 12.3 million doses of hydrocodone and oxycodone to small pharmacies in West Virginia, one of the states that has been hit hardest by the drug epidemic.

Most executives denied that their companies were at fault for the opioid crisis, even as lawmakers expressed anger that the companies hadn't taken responsibility as their products spiraled out of control

http://theweek.com/speedreads/772160/pharmaceutical-executive-apologizes-congress-role-opioid-crisis-deeply-sorry

BULL ING , the sell as many drugs as they can for maximum profits

WTF is a few 100K drug-dead and drug-addicted Americans, when BigPharma profits (enriching Capital-ist shareholders) are the priority?
    Last edited by boutons_deux; 05-08-2018 at 03:25 PM.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    No thanks to "alternative facts" KAC as Opiod Czar

Medicaid expansion states see rise in coverage for low income adults with substance use disorders

The percentage of low-income Americans with substance use disorders who were uninsured declined more sharply in states that chose to expand Medicaid under the Affordable Care Act versus states that did not,

The percentage of low-income residents with substance use disorders without coverage decreased from 34 percent in 2013 to 20 percent in 2015 within states that had implemented Medicaid expansion - or expansion states --

compared to 45 percent to 39 percent in non-expansion states.

Yet while more in the group were covered in Medicaid expansion states than those living elsewhere,

Medicaid expansion states saw no corresponding increase in substance use treatment.

https://www.eurekalert.org/pub_releases/2018-08/ s-mes081418.php

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    We have had a "war on drugs" for 60 years now. What the can we do different to keep people that want to get high from sticking needles in their arms?
    During this war on drugs the treatment has been called prison. True treatment facilities that do work address mind, body, and spirit, and also provide PnP treatments to help adjust the neuro changes that occurred during the addiction. I also think there needs to be a fundamental change the values we have because the value of putting money first has lead many of the youth down this dark road. Too many kids without fathers, too.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    we can approach it as a medical problem, like Portugal does, and give addicts treatment instead of throwing them in jail.

decriminalization has been working well for them so far.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Maybe its time to just acknowledge that there is a certain percentage of the population that is going to be ups. Whats killing these dumbasses is the dealers guessing on the fentanyl cut, and all these dumbasses want the heroin/fentanyl mix for the buzz. Maybe they should take that six ing billion dollars they just appropriated for "opiod abuse" and just give these idiots accurately cut single use syringes. That would eliminate virtually all the accidental ODs from hot loads.
    To some extent.

Leaving them addicted doesn't really help anyone though.

We need to do vastly more than blame the victim.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    https://www.nytimes.com/2018/08/15/u...16&te=1http://

The media treatment of this crisis would be so different if it were blacks or latinos dying. Where is the police crack down on the dealers and the junkies? For the millionth time, the hypocrisy of the drug war exposed again.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    https://www.nytimes.com/2018/08/15/u...16&te=1http://

The media treatment of this crisis would be so different if it were blacks or latinos dying. Where is the police crack down on the dealers and the junkies? For the millionth time, the hypocrisy of the drug war exposed again.
    Nixon launched the War on Drugs to go after blacks, mexicans, and anti-war dirty hippies.

Even back in the 1930s, marijuana was made illegal to go after blacks and mexicans

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Harry_J._Anslinger

Thread Information