Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast
    Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    We have had a "war on drugs" for 60 years now. What the can we do different to keep people that want to get high from sticking needles in their arms?
    These hillbilly heroin people are trump voters..right wing has agreed to take it easy on em. Check for the memo you should have gotten

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    We have had a "war on drugs" for 60 years now. What the can we do different to keep people that want to get high from sticking needles in their arms?
    Treat it like a medical condition.

Seems to work reasonably well, especially when you can provide a social safety net to cushion the worst effects.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    As someone with a scrip for hydrocodone 10s, I dont get the big deal. I take them when I need them and dont when I dont. There is absolutely no buzz. Personally the THC/CBD dose pens work better for pain than the pills.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Colbert righteously TRASHES the Sackler sacks of

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_cJ_lyeH7Os

Another billionaire group that gives to non-profits to buy their silence, compliance

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Red States in an Opiod league of the own

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Life expectancy in the United States has declined for a second year in a row, driven in large part because increasing numbers of Americans are dying from drug overdoses, suicides and chronic liver disease
    https://www.minnpost.com/second-opin...year-in-a-row/

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Fentanyl Surpasses Heroin As Drug Most Often Involved In Deadly Overdoses

Back in 2011, oxycodone was the drug most commonly linked to overdose deaths.

Starting in 2012 and lasting until 2015, heroin surpassed painkillers to become the drug most often involved.

But then fentanyl, a synthetic opioid pain reliever
    50 to 100 times more powerful than morphine, infiltrated the American drug supply — what the CDC calls "the third wave" of the opioid epidemic.

By 2016, overdose deaths involving fentanyl had become more common than any other.

https://www.npr.org/sections/health-shots/2018/12/12/676214086/fentanyl-surpasses-heroin-as-drug-most-often-involved-in-deadly-overdoses

Chinese Fentanyl deaths now?

but how many were originally drug free but got hooked on multi-billionaire Sackler family's oxycodone marketing?

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Trump Says China Will Curtail Fentanyl. The U.S. Has Heard That Before.

China vows to stem the supply of the powerful opioid fentanyl flowing into the United States.

It pledges to target exports of fentanyl-related substances bound for the United States that are prohibited there, while sharing information with American law-enforcement authorities.

Such promises, echoed in the recent meeting between the countries’ presidents, ring familiar.

They first emerged in September 2016, when the Obama administration said China and the United States had agreed on
    “enhanced measures” meant to keep fentanyl from coming into the United States.

But in its official statements or state media reports made at the time,

the Chinese government never specified the steps it intended to take, and its follow-up has been patchy at best.

So when the Trump administration said on Saturday that President Xi Jinping of China had agreed to designate fentanyl as a controlled substance in “a wonderful humanitarian gesture,” analysts said there was little to cheer about.

“It’s in many ways all theater from the White House

and very little serious substance,” said John Collins, executive director of the International Drug Policy Unit at the London School of Economics. “It seems to me the same story again.”

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/12/03/b...ina-trump.html

China outsmarts the gullible, credulous, simplistic Americans yet again

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    moustache twirling villain:

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    just say no

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Trash sez his ing wall stop opioids

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Sackler Scion’s Email Reveals Push for High-Dose OxyContin, New Lawsuit Disclosures Claim

member of the Sackler family that owns OxyContin’s maker directed the company to put a premium on selling high dosages of its potentially addicting painkillers,

Richard Sackler, a son of a founder of Purdue Pharma and its onetime president, told company officials in 2008 to

“measure our performance by Rx’s by strength, giving higher measures to higher strengths,”

Purdue Pharma and members of the Sackler family knew that

putting patients on high dosages of OxyContin for long periods increased the risks of serious side effects, including addiction.

they promoted higher dosages because stronger pain pills brought the company and the Sacklers the most profit,

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/01/31/health/opioids-purdue-pharma-sackler.html?partner=rss&emc=rss

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Sackler Scion’s Email Reveals Push for High-Dose OxyContin, New Lawsuit Disclosures Claim

member of the Sackler family that owns OxyContin’s maker directed the company to put a premium on selling high dosages of its potentially addicting painkillers,

Richard Sackler, a son of a founder of Purdue Pharma and its onetime president, told company officials in 2008 to

“measure our performance by Rx’s by strength, giving higher measures to higher strengths,”

Purdue Pharma and members of the Sackler family knew that

putting patients on high dosages of OxyContin for long periods increased the risks of serious side effects, including addiction.

they promoted higher dosages because stronger pain pills brought the company and the Sacklers the most profit,

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/01/31/health/opioids-purdue-pharma-sackler.html?partner=rss&emc=rss

This is just one of the many companies that engage in this constant ery. Just saw a do entary on Dupont regarding the carcinogen c8 and how 99% of the people IN THE WORLD now have this in their system.
    If there's one thing you consistently get right, it's the rundown of BigPharma, BigAg, and Big Chem.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This is just one of the many companies that engage in this constant ery. Just saw a do entary on Dupont regarding the carcinogen c8 and how 99% of the people IN THE WORLD now have this in their system.
    If there's one thing you consistently get right, it's the rundown of BigPharma, BigAg, and Big Chem.
    all my "things" are consistently "right"

EPA, run by your beloved Repugs, is gutting the CWA, which I supposed you love because it's deregulation.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

EPA, run by your beloved Repugs, is gutting the CWA, which I supposed you love because it's deregulation.
    Ah...I see I'm being categorized. Erroneously. But go ahead and shtick on

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Lol

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

LOL, you tell lies.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    LOL, you tell lies.
    I don't any of you rightwingnut assholes ing about Repugs' destruction of CWA,

about Repugs approving environmental poisons, and

Repugs' not blocking environmental poisons

My Team
    Chicago Bulls
    Post Count
    Trash is the worst nickname of all time boo
    Repugs

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don't any of you rightwingnut assholes ing about Repugs' destruction of CWA,

about Repugs approving environmental poisons, and

Repugs' not blocking environmental poisons
    More LOLies, you nut sucking fruit.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Nan Goldin Leads a Protest at the Guggenheim Against the Sackler Family

Small flyers started falling, as though from the glass dome,

swirling like snow as they descended the six stories.

Within minutes the floor was coated in white.

The sheets of paper were prescriptions, made out by a “Robert Sackler, MD,”

to a Solomon R. Guggenheim,

for eighty-milligram pills of OxyContin, to be taken twenty-four times a day.

Each script contained a quotation:

“If OxyContin is uncontrolled, it is highly likely that it will eventually be abused . . .

How substantially would it improve our sales?”

staged actions at

the Metropolitan Museum of Art,

the Smithsonian, and

Harvard University’s art museums, which, like

the Guggenheim,

accept donations from the Sackler family.

The Guggenheim’s education center bears the Sackler name,

as does the Metropolitan’s
    wing that houses the ancient Roman Temple of Dendur.

“Prescribed to you by the Sackler Family. OxyContin. Extremely addictive. will kill. . . . Rx# 400,000 dead.”

“Side effect: Death.”

“400,000 dead,”

“shame on sackler,”

“200 dead each day,” and

“take down their name.”

https://www.newyorker.com/news/our-c...term=TNY_Daily

No word if Kelly Anne Conway was protester

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The USA as a successful society

The U.S. Has the Highest Overdose Death Rate of Any Wealthy Nation

A new study has found that there are, on average,

3.5 times more drug-related deaths in the United States than in 17 other wealthy countries

https://www.smithsonianmag.com/smart-news/us-has-highest-overdose-death-rate-any-wealthy-nation-180971559/?utm_source=smithsoniandaily&utm_medium=email& amp;utm_campaign=20190225-daily-responsive&spMailingID=38974570&spUserID=NjY0ODU0N TQ2Mzk1S0&spJobID=1462223879&spReportId=MTQ2MjIyMz g3OQS2

Thread Information