Page 1 of 10 12345 ... LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Maybe its time to just acknowledge that there is a certain percentage of the population that is going to be ups. Whats killing these dumbasses is the dealers guessing on the fentanyl cut, and all these dumbasses want the heroin/fentanyl mix for the buzz. Maybe they should take that six ing billion dollars they just appropriated for "opiod abuse" and just give these idiots accurately cut single use syringes. That would eliminate virtually all the accidental ODs from hot loads.
    Last edited by CosmicCowboy; 02-09-2018 at 08:36 AM.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    why "crisis"?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Seriously? Thats the first time you have heard the term? You should get out of your mothers trailer more.

my unders, my frgn whites pgardn's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Another thing about this is the medical use of prescription opioids is necessary in some cases. It saves people from a whole lot of pain. But you gotta get the patient off as quickly as possible. All parties involved need to fully understand the ramifications of the super addictive drugs. Some docs were handing this out like candy. "Go away, ya bother me you big wussy" Some patients were eating it like candy. And Of course it's gonna spread if it's becomes easy to make and yes there will always be the self medicators and experimenters.

The people that have just been through an excruciating back surgery and actually misplace or drop a pill down the drain say thank you. It's hard on people who actually need a drug once it becomes abused.

I took a codeine based drug after impacted wisdom tooth surgery. My jaw was really torn up and it hurt like . I took this stuff and finally a bit of peace. But I also started calling people I had not seen for years. I was far past comfortably numb. I held off on those damn things until it really hurt. Never finished them and chunked them. I was told very clearly to attempt to NOT finish the bottle if possible or to call if it really still hurt and I needed more, I would be first up for a damage assessment. Docs need to pay attention and follow thru. They keep score by how many people they can see during a day. If some poor fck goes bad... they are not a nuisance that's gonna take up time.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What word do you prefer?

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What word do you prefer?
    No he means why in quotes as if the opiods thing isn't happening or happening more instensely as more and more people are dying of it.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    No he means why in quotes as if the opiods thing isn't happening or happening more instensely as more and more people are dying of it.
    Okay.

Well, it's a bit more complex anyways.
    Its very easy to simplify the newest abused chemical.

And to think I sat next to a guy on a ski lift who was flippantly asking about trying it and where he could get while I was talking to a coworker about antibodies. I seriously wanted to slap him. Not to be Fd with stopped the conversation.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Seriously? Thats the first time you have heard the term? You should get out of your mothers trailer more.
    The quotes indicate a non-customary usage

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

And to think I sat next to a guy on a ski lift who was flippantly asking about trying it and where he could get while I was talking to a coworker about antibodies. I seriously wanted to slap him. Not to be Fd with stopped the conversation.
    Uh...wut?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Where do you hear the term when you're out?

"Massage parlor"?

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Is this going to be another thread where we can talk about how awesome viccodin is? THAT was a fun thread, much better than the typical fare here.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    OK I will dispense with the quotes. Junkies are ODing on fentanyl. Now its supposed to be a crisis. I admit to not losing any sleep over the crisis but understand that many of you are more fragile. Now we have 6 billion dollars appropriated for the opiod crisis. How should this money be spent? Education? Are you so arrogant as to think these junkies didnt already know heroin/fentanyl might have been a bad idea when they started?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    1.Ski lifts require you sit stuck with other people for some time.

2. People are almost forced to converse.

3.Ski resorts attract younger people "finding themselves" so I was told.

4. When a conversation is overheard and biochemistry is the subject I get hit with "Where do I get_____ drug?"

5. I feel like slapping the interloper.

6. I instead said NO. Please No. Do not try.

Ya see what opioids did to me? I use too many annotated personal experiences as examples of casusal use becoming a very bad decision. Btw, it was heroine the interloper wanted, casually of course.
    Last edited by pgardn; 02-09-2018 at 11:03 AM.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    OK I will dispense with the quotes. Junkies are ODing on fentanyl. Now its supposed to be a crisis. I admit to not losing any sleep over the crisis but understand that many of you are more fragile. Now we have 6 billion dollars appropriated for the opiod crisis. How should this money be spent? Education? Are you so arrogant as to think these junkies didnt already know heroin/fentanyl might have been a bad idea when they started?
    It's simple. Pain management changed for the worst after the Obamacare changes went into effect. Countless people who were prescribed opiates for pain for generations were no longer allowed to get anywhere near their original RXs and are/were treated like criminals for asking what they were getting to manage their pain.

They get anywhere from 10%-50% their original RXs and they had to turn to the streets to get their pills. Well, the crunch affected street costs and now 10mg viccodins are $10 each. A person who takes 5 a day doesn't have fiddy bones to kill pain, so heroin is much cheaper, kills the pain faster and is even more addictive.

So, just another case of things designed to help people ing things up worse.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    1.Ski lifts require you sit stuck with other people for some time.

2. People are almost forced to converse.

3.Ski resorts attract younger people "finding themselves" so I was told.

4. When a conversation is overheard and biochemistry is the subject I get hit with "Where do I get_____ drug?"

5. I feel like slapping the interloper.

6. I instead said NO. Please No. Do not try.

Ya see what opioids did to me? I use too many personal experiences as examples of causal use becoming a very bad decision. Btw, it was heroine the interloper wanted, casually of course.

That's awesome.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Is this going to be another thread where we can talk about how awesome viccodin is? THAT was a fun thread, much better than the typical fare here.
    Many times, I've told a doctor that I didn't tolerate acetaminophen just so he'd change the prescription from Tylenol 3 to Vicodin. I'd never go to a doctor just to get a scrip but when I did go, I always wanted to leave with something good.
    I'd add about 20 pounds to my weight to make sure I'd get higher dosed pills. Also my pain was always a 7-8 on the scale. Can't go too low and sure can't tell them 10 for a sprained finger.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Many times, I've told a doctor that I didn't tolerate acetaminophen just so he'd change the prescription from Tylenol 3 to Vicodin. I'd never go to a doctor just to get a scrip but when I did go, I always wanted to leave with something good.
    I'd add about 20 pounds to my weight to make sure I'd get higher dosed pills. Also my pain was always a 7-8 on the scale. Can't go too low and sure can't tell them 10 for a sprained finger.

Tylenol 3 is more expensive than norcos right now! Recently had a root canal and they gave me T3s pre-op and Norco post op, 24 T3s and 20 Norcos. Paid $35 copay on the T3s and only $10 on the Norkies. Maybe there's still hope. Blow is great, I mean, don't get me wrong, I'm gonna be tooting lines of some great blow tonight, but I'd still rather have 20 viccodin for that price.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That's awesome.
    Which part:

1.Me giving a strange unreadable short version of an encounter because of opioids?

2. Or a stupid kid wanting to play with a flame thrower?

3. Or Both?

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Which part:

1.Me giving a strange unreadable short version of an encounter because of opioids?

2. Or a stupid kid wanting to play with a flame thrower?

3. Or Both?
    It wasn't unreadable.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It's simple. Pain management changed for the worst after the Obamacare changes went into effect. Countless people who were prescribed opiates for pain for generations were no longer allowed to get anywhere near their original RXs and are/were treated like criminals for asking what they were getting to manage their pain.

They get anywhere from 10%-50% their original RXs and they had to turn to the streets to get their pills. Well, the crunch affected street costs and now 10mg viccodins are $10 each. A person who takes 5 a day doesn't have fiddy bones to kill pain, so heroin is much cheaper, kills the pain faster and is even more addictive.

So, just another case of things designed to help people ing things up worse.
    Cliffs: Thanks Obama.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Just realized that you said you'd upgrade T3s to vikes. There's plenty of it in viccodin.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Anyone know what percentage of junkies graduated from pain management vs. Those that started recreationally?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Just realized that you said you'd upgrade T3s to vikes. There's plenty of it in viccodin.
    Yep...they all have 325mg tylenol. The 8 a day recommended max is because of the tylenol, not the codeine.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Anyone know what percentage of junkies graduated from pain management vs. Those that started recreationally?
    A load.

Crazy they want to tackle this when they haven't even started on the meth crisis and it took 30 years to halt the crack epidemic and that was because meth became easier to access.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Im still pissed they banned qualudes and mandrax

Thread Information