Page 16 of 23 FirstFirst ... 6121314151617181920 ... LastLast
    My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Who made Foster a 5'star? I've only seen him ranked 4'star.

My Team
    Texas A&M Aggies
    Post Count
    Who made Foster a 5'star? I've only seen him ranked 4'star.
    rivals has foster listed as a five-star now.

My Team
    Brigham Young Cougars
    Post Count
    with aggy winning & osu losing aggy is officialy playoff bound...........texas' plunge into little brother status continues while aggy keeps rising......congrats on the playoff spot @DesignatedT rjv

My Team
    Brigham Young Cougars
    Post Count
    osu won but nothing changes aggy is basically guaranteed a spot in playoff when the loser of the acc game is eliminated

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Wow, this could officially launch Blair's new career ans an Aggie insider. Congrats on your new gig, I wish you nothing but the best.

My Team
    Baylor Bears
    Post Count
    "Seven straight SEC wins," Fisher said after Saturday's win over Tennessee. "Some schools ain't even playing seven games."
    1 win over a ranked team that has 3 losses
    trying to cheat their way into the playoffs using the covid card
    will probably lose to NC
    gies

I cannot grok its fullnes leemajors's Avatar
    My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Big brother woulda got in the CFP tbh

My Team
    Alabama Crimson Tide
    Post Count
    aggy

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Pure political move, however if it was Texas sitting at #5, they would have gotten in. Still it wasn't right. However as was pointed out on another site no team that has made the playoffs has ever had a loss on their resume like the one Ags had to Bama.

My Team
    Texas A&M Aggies
    Post Count
    in the end, A&M is a tier 2 team, along with the Irish and the Sooners but ND is the NCAA's darling to there was no way they weren't going to get in. their legions will probably switch to watching highlights of their glory days once Bama is up by 4 TDs by halftime. it's been a screwed up season all the way around but the likelihood that clemson and bama meet up again in the le game is at least what probably would have happened had this been a normal season.

My Team
    Texas A&M Aggies
    Post Count
    Pure political move, however if it was Texas sitting at #5, they would have gotten in. Still it wasn't right. However as was pointed out on another site no team that has made the playoffs has ever had a loss on their resume like the one Ags had to Bama.
    Or the one Notre Dame had to Clemson?

Anyhow, Ohio State getting in with just 6 games is the only thing that doesn't sit well with me. They have only played two teams who are compe ive (Indiana and Northwestern) and looked like crap in both outings. They are in just because they are Ohio State and honestly they should have an incomplete grade with only 6 games played.

A&M should have been in but you could make a case for everybody so its not some huge travesty. However, what we have learned and what I do realize more and more every year is that the playoff just needs to be expanded already. You see Dabo lobbying for this daily even though the current format is more beneficial to him. There's always going to be an argument with someone being left out, but if some of these non power 5 schools like Cincinatti can run the table and still not even got a shot it just all makes it feel futile... like what is the point?

I hope this triggers a change and it gets expanded to 8 teams by next season.

My Team
    Brigham Young Cougars
    Post Count
    a&m didnt get in because sec conference was weak........ conference looks weak when u cant pad your win stats with cupcakes
    Last edited by playblair; 12-21-2020 at 01:40 PM.

My Team
    Texas A&M Aggies
    Post Count

My Team
    Texas A&M Aggies
    Post Count
    a&m didnt get in because sec conference was weak........ conference looks weak when u cant pad your win stats with cupcakes
    I wouldn't say that but the SEC cannibalizing on themselves all season with no out of conference games definitely made it seem that way. For example, if Auburn was able to play some non-conference games they would all of a sudden be a 8 or 9 win team and be ranked inside the top 15-20 making that win seem a lot "better". You'd think the committee would understand this but they weren't interested in doing anything other than putting the big names in and getting the least amount of push back.

I cannot grok its fullnes leemajors's Avatar
    My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count

Anyhow, Ohio State getting in with just 6 games is the only thing that doesn't sit well with me. They have only played two teams who are compe ive (Indiana and Northwestern) and looked like crap in both outings. They are in just because they are Ohio State and honestly they should have an incomplete grade with only 6 games played.

A&M should have been in but you could make a case for everybody so its not some huge travesty. However, what we have learned and what I do realize more and more every year is that the playoff just needs to be expanded already. You see Dabo lobbying for this daily even though the current format is more beneficial to him. There's always going to be an argument with someone being left out, but if some of these non power 5 schools like Cincinatti can run the table and still not even got a shot it just all makes it feel futile... like what is the point?

Ohio State even getting in the B1G Championship game was bs, tbh, imo

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    8 team playoff is the right thing, all 5 P5 conference champions are automatic and then you have 3 at large bids. And yes the SEC might get 4 teams in but it will be a legit playoff. I'd even do a 6 team with the top 2 getting a bi-week.

my unders, my frgn whites pgardn's Avatar
    My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count

Would rather it have been one game this season.
    Bama and Clemson.

My Team
    Texas A&M Aggies
    Post Count
    Would rather it have been one game this season.
    Bama and Clemson.
    agreed. i would have been fine with that. but i'd love to see an 8 team playoff down the road.

my unders, my frgn whites pgardn's Avatar
    My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    agreed. i would have been fine with that. but i'd love to see an 8 team playoff down the road.
    I would again get creative on the skimpy side.
    I would give byes If I had an 8 team bracket to fit in the proper smaller number of teams before I ever had all 8 filled.
    If you play in a tough conference dont worry about getting left out, just win your bowl game and that no loss MAC team will get killed in the playoff first round and you end up ranked ahead of them.
    And if you had an 8 team bracket Alabama would be in every year even with 2-3 losses.
    And if one year we had 2 teams clearly the best, I would play one game.

*My wishes will never happen of course, too much $ to be made with more games.

This is how the NCAA basketball tourney become a joke with everyone screaming for that 2-15 seed upset. Its only fun because its a giant mess lending itself to office betting. The NCAA BB regular season is so boring. Football, the games count so much more. From beginning to end of season you have to be on. If you go to 8 teams, I would never allow a two loss team in the bracket.

Achhh... Itll end up at 16 before I wake tomorrow.

My Team
    Texas A&M Aggies
    Post Count
    Needed Gilbert for safety help and Jeudy adds to a d-line that is becoming quite formidable.

My Team
    Brigham Young Cougars
    Post Count

My Team
    Texas A&M Aggies
    Post Count
    Ags received pledges from inson's 4 star TE Donovan Green and 4 star DE PJ Williams; this adds to the committment of 4 star DE Malick Sylla of Katy from last week. They also offered Westlake QB, Cade Klubnik, fresh off his state le.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Those are two fantastic pickups.

My Team
    Texas A&M Aggies
    Post Count
    LJ Johnson officially an Aggie. Nice stable of RBs at A&M now.

Thread Information