Page 22 of 23 FirstFirst ... 12181920212223 LastLast
    My Team
    Texas A&M Aggies
    Post Count
    It would have been a better look if Jimbo had actually said, "yes we will use the NIL just like other teams do" Texas, Ohio St, Alabama have all given a decent amount of info and some examples of how they are using it. ATM did not get out ahead of the game by admitting it?

And the Jimbo vehemence in sounding so outraged... when a person refers to a specific allegation such as "there is no 30 million dollar fund" made by some random nobody reads like, "Its actually 35 million and its not in a fund, its in a number of charitable set ups by boosters"

This all being said most people dont know what any of the rules really are except that coaches cant promise a certain amount and renege on the offer.
    It would be interesting to see what a contract looks like for lawyers and such. And also maybe this gets out in the open enough so kids can talk about what they are doing with the money if they want to.

Now Kiffin at Ole Miss... that is funny because he had to know he would have access to illegal booster money. But now its dwarfed by legal money by "bigger" schools. But he is certainly correct, the field is not level.

The sec on the whole gets into these accusations constantly. ATM was also referencing LSU as a big pay school when it was illegal (amongst my friends; they hate LSU). Honestly, part of the reason I think Jimbo is good for ATM and the sec is he can and knows the dirty game. Now it does not matter. He is in fine shape with the money ATM can give.

Do you think he is trying to not talk about the NIL because he thinks there will be locker room problems? I think thats a legit reason for staying away from the subject. Comparing "salaries" might be a really awful team builder.
    i really can't say but keeping 18 year old kids from bragging about how much they are getting in "NIL" deals is not going to be easy. and i agree about jimbo-he knows how to play the game; he is a good a fit for the political culture of A&M as mack brown was for Texas.

My Team
    Texas A&M Aggies
    Post Count
    not sure if today's upset over auburn gets the aggies in but it at least puts them very much in the conversation.

My Team
    Texas Tech Red Raiders
    Post Count
    not sure if today's upset over auburn gets the aggies in but it at least puts them very much in the conversation.
    The Aggies got screwed.

My Team
    Texas A&M Aggies
    Post Count
    i had been out of the loop for a while and so i was a bit surprised when i read that demas is transferring but not surprised for the reasons why. i hope he doesn't find himself repeating the career trajectory of speedy noll. looks like even stewart will get a lot of opportunities a true freshman.

My Team
    Texas A&M Aggies
    Post Count
    rueben owens II committed to louisville: https://www.espn.com/college-footbal...inals-football

My Team
    Texas A&M Aggies
    Post Count
    https://www.espn.com/college-footbal...ijuana-charges

dumb ass move considering he's a senior. jimbo will likely suspend for one game, two max. the DWI is inexcusable, the rolled joint will get dismissed and not sure on the gun charge (i mean, doesn't texas not give a about who carries a gun; or maybe that leniency doesn't apply to Blacks).

My Team
    Texas A&M Aggies
    Post Count
    a&m lands only its second player in three months but he's a good one: https://www.goodbullhunting.com/2022...all-recruiting

My Team
    Texas A&M Aggies
    Post Count
    still think he stays at USC but it's a news story at least:

https://www.espn.com/college-footbal...visit-texas-am

My Team
    Texas A&M Aggies
    Post Count
    After a lackluster summer, Ags appear to be building some momentum now. https://247sports.com/Article/Texas-...its-190735064/

My Team
    Texas A&M Aggies
    Post Count
    https://www.burntorangenation.com/20...ggies-buckeyes

no surprise here. all signs pointed to texas prior to his announcement.

My Team
    Texas A&M Aggies
    Post Count
    https://sports.yahoo.com/report-mult...044854699.html

jimbo is the captain of a sinking ship.

Nobody does less with more than Texas A&M. This is because its riches are built upon oil money. They mistake money-bombing and gladhanding for building a culture. They want to have it both ways; they’ve hollowed out most of what made the school unique while simultaneously demanding to be treated as special. They feel en led because of fuzzy memories of thirty years ago when A&M was a big fish in a small pond (and almost always got exposed and spanked against good teams). In ten years without the University of Texas they’ve taken on all the hubris that made that school so unappealing to them.

And because of their egos and hubris they never will admit that they’ve made their own bed. They were patting themselves on the back for their so-called coup in hiring Jimbo Fisher, just like they were for Kevin Sumlin. They just dig a deeper and deeper hole. All that money and all those resources get squandered in buying out a series of overhyped mediocre coaches so they can go chase the next overhyped mediocrity. The culture at A&M is the problem, just like it is at Texas.

They high-five themselves about being able to outbid everybody else for NIL deals, oblivious to how they’ve created a culture of mercenaries with no concept of team.

Nothing will ever change because anytime anything about the school gets criticized they just play the victim. Ten years into the SEC, everybody else laughs at A&M just like they did in the SWC back in the day. Apparently all that money can’t buy a clue.

My Team
    Texas A&M Aggies
    Post Count
    Nobody does less with more than Texas A&M. This is because its riches are built upon oil money. They mistake money-bombing and gladhanding for building a culture. They want to have it both ways; they’ve hollowed out most of what made the school unique while simultaneously demanding to be treated as special. They feel en led because of fuzzy memories of thirty years ago when A&M was a big fish in a small pond (and almost always got exposed and spanked against good teams). In ten years without the University of Texas they’ve taken on all the hubris that made that school so unappealing to them.

And because of their egos and hubris they never will admit that they’ve made their own bed. They were patting themselves on the back for their so-called coup in hiring Jimbo Fisher, just like they were for Kevin Sumlin. They just dig a deeper and deeper hole. All that money and all those resources get squandered in buying out a series of overhyped mediocre coaches so they can go chase the next overhyped mediocrity. The culture at A&M is the problem, just like it is at Texas.

They high-five themselves about being able to outbid everybody else for NIL deals, oblivious to how they’ve created a culture of mercenaries with no concept of team.

Nothing will ever change because anytime anything about the school gets criticized they just play the victim. Ten years into the SEC, everybody else laughs at A&M just like they did in the SWC back in the day. Apparently all that money can’t buy a clue.
    what makes A&M unique is actually the problem when it comes to recruiting. it has an ass backwards thinking alumni base more concerned about preserving A&M's "conservative values" and thinks money is the answer to all problems. there are better places to live or go to school for many of these athletes so the NIL offers a chance to rent players on the up and up. but there is no winning culture to fall back on when things fall apart. A&M is not like a Bama, OSU or UGA, where a player or players can leave and the program just marches on. the only cure is winning and that's not happening this season. if fisher can't keep most of his prized class from transferring, it won't happen at all.

my unders, my frgn whites pgardn's Avatar
    My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Still have the most passionate fans in college football for a team that has consistently underperformed.
    Some call it a cult but that fan base is rabid/.

My Team
    Texas A&M Aggies
    Post Count

Watching the collapse benefactor's Avatar
    My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Yikes

Still have the most passionate fans in college football for a team that has consistently underperformed.
    Some call it a cult but that fan base is rabid/.
    Are they really that passionate? I mean, sure, compared to Texas or Baylor, but compared to most SEC fan bases? Kyle Field is a country club compared to Tiger Stadium or Jordan-O’Hare.

Part of what made A&M unique back in the day is that it alone among the major schools in the state of Texas had all the pomp and tradition and charm of the Deep South. But now they’re in a conference where everyone has that. So what makes A&M unique compared to LSU, Auburn, etc.? Being in Texas? More oil money? Dallas and Houston?

So what if some BMA fell in love with the atmosphere at Kyle Field because of the Oklahoma game in 2000 or the Nebraska game in 2010? How is that any different from the big-game atmosphere at five dozen other schools?

So what if A&M is a bastion of right-wing politics? Do people think Oxford or Starkville or Fayetteville are progressive places?

Is the Brazos Valley all that beautiful compared to the other SEC landscapes? Is the A&M campus all that attractive?

Why do Aggies think they’re special? Because of what the school used to be before any member of Gen X was born? Because of a mythical Texas regional culture that died out with World War II?

I think the rot at the heart of the culture is that whatever Texas A&M once was died a long time ago, and now it’s just another anodyne big state school, but Aggies can’t bring themselves to admit it that they frittered it all away. It’s Purdue now. And all the money in the world can’t bring it back to life.

My Team
    Texas A&M Aggies
    Post Count
    Are they really that passionate? I mean, sure, compared to Texas or Baylor, but compared to most SEC fan bases? Kyle Field is a country club compared to Tiger Stadium or Jordan-O’Hare.

Part of what made A&M unique back in the day is that it alone among the major schools in the state of Texas had all the pomp and tradition and charm of the Deep South. But now they’re in a conference where everyone has that. So what makes A&M unique compared to LSU, Auburn, etc.? Being in Texas? More oil money? Dallas and Houston?

So what if some BMA fell in love with the atmosphere at Kyle Field because of the Oklahoma game in 2000 or the Nebraska game in 2010? How is that any different from the big-game atmosphere at five dozen other schools?

So what if A&M is a bastion of right-wing politics? Do people think Oxford or Starkville or Fayetteville are progressive places?

Is the Brazos Valley all that beautiful compared to the other SEC landscapes? Is the A&M campus all that attractive?

Why do Aggies think they’re special? Because of what the school used to be before any member of Gen X was born? Because of a mythical Texas regional culture that died out with World War II?

I think the rot at the heart of the culture is that whatever Texas A&M once was died a long time ago, and now it’s just another anodyne big state school, but Aggies can’t bring themselves to admit it that they frittered it all away. It’s Purdue now. And all the money in the world can’t bring it back to life.
    As an A&M alum, I can tell you that the problem is that A&M is trying too hard to hold on to the past. It has an opulent alumni that is staunchly conservative, to the point that some of the larger alumni organizations, such as The Rudder Association, are policing diversity movements, alleged "critical race theory" curriculum, race-based scholarships or funding and ethnic studies programs while also focusing on preserving the traditions of Sul Ross and the dwindling Corps of Cadets population. While there is still a strong conservative demographic at A&M (it has the largest College Republican organization in the country), that demographic is also changing. The number of two-percenters is likely growing but there are still many students who buy into the traditions, or pomp. In many ways, A&M is still the same and in many ways, it isn't. But that alumni base is still pretty fricking rabid (and somewhat loony).

My Team
    Texas A&M Aggies
    Post Count
    https://www.cbssports.com/college-fo...om-louisville/

one of the few entering the door at Aggieland versus the many exiting. with achane departing for the draft, it's a much needed commitment.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    https://www.cbssports.com/college-fo...om-louisville/

one of the few entering the door at Aggieland versus the many exiting. with achane departing for the draft, it's a much needed commitment.
    Johnson also leaving so immediate playing time available.
    Huge get. The NIL money to get him to Louisville must have been enormous.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    David Hicks was supposedly tearing it up at Under Armor practices.

Bobby Petrino as OC...? whats your thinking? He has been on the shelf a while.

I cannot grok its fullnes leemajors's Avatar
    My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    David Hicks was supposedly tearing it up at Under Armor practices.

Bobby Petrino as OC...? whats your thinking? He has been on the shelf a while.
    Petrino is a pile of as a person, guess he fits right in with Jimbo

My Team
    Texas A&M Aggies
    Post Count
    Petrino is a pile of as a person, guess he fits right in with Jimbo
    undoubtedly a couple of major d-bags, which is saying something when it comes to college football coaches.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    If Petrino form holds he leaves the field… oh heck, during a game and quits just for more effect. Dude just quits on everyone.
    Maybe that’s why Jimbo hires him? Then Jimbo is again running the offense including play calling. I don’t even know if Petrino is due to call plays. There is no doubt Petrino “was” a good offensive mind. Maybe still is.

Or does Jimbo actually want out with his money in tow? Although Jimbo did pick up some top recruits, just not very many of them. Confused…

My Team
    Texas A&M Aggies
    Post Count
    If Petrino form holds he leaves the field… oh heck, during a game and quits just for more effect. Dude just quits on everyone.
    Maybe that’s why Jimbo hires him? Then Jimbo is again running the offense including play calling. I don’t even know if Petrino is due to call plays. There is no doubt Petrino “was” a good offensive mind. Maybe still is.

Or does Jimbo actually want out with his money in tow? Although Jimbo did pick up some top recruits, just not very many of them. Confused…
    at this point, a&m is just a dumpster fire so this move may just be one born of desperation. it also meshes with the general persona of the major donors, who are mostly a bunch of conservative d-bags.

Thread Information