Page 4 of 23 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast
    My Team
    Brigham Young Cougars
    Post Count

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Never did a loss look so good, and a win look so bad.

My Team
    Brigham Young Cougars
    Post Count
    texas is in the dark ages............aggy are now flipping texas commits...........aggies played in front of 104,000 people.............texas = little brother

My Team
    Brigham Young Cougars
    Post Count
    remember when herman hired beck over brewster

My Team
    Texas A&M Aggies
    Post Count
    Never did a loss look so good, and a win look so bad.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    I have a thread of a hope that Texas pulls their heads out and has a good season and the Ags end up with 5 losses.

Ah, screw it, I have no answers for this decade, might as well wait for 2020.

My Team
    Brigham Young Cougars
    Post Count
    I have a thread of a hope that Texas pulls their heads out and has a good season and the Ags end up with 5 losses.

Ah, screw it, I have no answers for this decade, might as well wait for 2020.
    texas is in the current aggy phase of apathy 1996 - 2011...........texas will not be good until after they leave the big12 in 2025

My Team
    Texas A&M Aggies
    Post Count
    texas is going through their version of the a&m fran years but, unlike fran, texas continues to recruit well so that gives them an advantage in that regard. i think it's harder for a&m to recover from lean years than it is for texas to, mainly due to the brand name and appeal of texas to recruits. but if herman continues on this downward spiral, then the next coaching hire has to be out of the park.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    texas is going through their version of the a&m fran years but, unlike fran, texas continues to recruit well so that gives them an advantage in that regard. i think it's harder for a&m to recover from lean years than it is for texas to, mainly due to the brand name and appeal of texas to recruits. but if herman continues on this downward spiral, then the next coaching hire has to be out of the park.
    It already has to be. Right now this is looking like 1984 all over again. Back then Oklahoma was winning championships, Aggies had Jackie and they were on an upward swing. Then you had the out of state teams raiding Texas for top talent like Miami Nebraska, and Notre Dame. Texas isn't in as bad a shape because unlike back then when Akers refused to recruit Inner-City kids, Herman at lease is doing a good job recruiting.

Still Texas can't afford another David McWilliams, or John Macovich, they need a proven commodity. Texas boosters have screwed this up too many times, they always want to get their man, well this is where we are now. Texas needs CDC to step up and take the bull by the horns and get the man to get the job done. If that means breaking the bank then they should do it. Offer Dabo a 5 year 50 million contract and make Clemson either match or make him say no.

This is the only sure thing Texas that can do to dig itself out of this whole mess.

And my goodness, Texas needs to get rid of the LHN and either move conferences or start a conference network. LHN is worthless while Texas sucks, and even if they were good, the only thing worth watching is Texas game day. Back when when this thing was starting up the idea was to fill in programming with high school games, but the NCAA shot that down. Now we are left with this abomination that really does nothing but create bad will with other schools. Time to call it a failure and move on.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    remember when herman hired beck over brewster

revised history. Herman didn't hire beck over Brewster, Brewster chose not to come to Texas. Beck is the OC, Brewster was never going to be a OC, he is a recruiter and nothing more. They let him coach TE at FSU and A&M so he has a le, but the truth is he has one job, and he does it very well.

I'd be okay with moving Beck to TE coach he is still a witch of a recruiter, look at the job he is doing in California.

My Team
    Brigham Young Cougars
    Post Count
    texas is now officialy little brother
    Texas A&M replaces Texas as most valuable program

https://www.washingtonpost.com/sports/colleges/forbes-texas-aandm-replaces-texas-as-most-valuable-program/2018/09/11/305cef32-b610-11e8-ae4f-2c1439c96d79_story.html?noredirect=on&utm_term=.46 230b96f13f

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    texas is now officialy little brother
    Texas A&M replaces Texas as most valuable program

https://www.washingtonpost.com/sports/colleges/forbes-texas-aandm-replaces-texas-as-most-valuable-program/2018/09/11/305cef32-b610-11e8-ae4f-2c1439c96d79_story.html?noredirect=on&utm_term=.46 230b96f13f
    Texas is in the middle of one of the weakest runs in school history and is still making over 87 million. It's a nice story for aggsy, but it won't last long. Texas will eventually be back and #1 again. Just need something for the fans to be excited about.

My Team
    Texas A&M Aggies
    Post Count
    it is a footnote for now because there is a buzz around the program with the jimbo hire. if he wins a le at some point though...

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    it is a footnote for now because there is a buzz around the program with the jimbo hire. if he wins a le at some point though...
    It's possible for the two schools to be like Bama and Auburn in success and both be 1 and 2 in money. Let face it, you guys have always been sleeping giants, it's about time you did something on a national level.

My Team
    Brigham Young Cougars
    Post Count
    hamm

Demas nearly decommited yesterday but aggy coaches talked him out of it

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    1.5 recruiting cycles before he signs his LOI, And a of a lot of football to be played. If he de-commits, it's better to do it now than closer to signing day. he is going to still take all his visits, I can almost guarantee it.

My Team
    Texas A&M Aggies
    Post Count
    1.5 recruiting cycles before he signs his LOI, And a of a lot of football to be played. If he de-commits, it's better to do it now than closer to signing day. he is going to still take all his visits, I can almost guarantee it.
    i'm sure he will. there is a lot that can happen in regards to these teams between when now and when this kid has to sign by.

My Team
    Brigham Young Cougars
    Post Count
    alabama committed violation

My Team
    Brigham Young Cougars
    Post Count
    Hamm just said what Shepherd did changes nothing about how aggy feels about him
    Apparently, Shephard got into a physical altercation with a coach during spring work, with $9.95ers present, Fast forward to this fall and he's done something similar again.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    I wonder if he has a coach he hates like I did. Back in my senior year of high school, (A very very long time ago). I had a coach that everyone on our team hated, he was a wanna-be hard ass. One day my best friend and I decided to get him back. I played on the offensive line and him on the defensive line. we locked up and acted like we were in a big time struggle, while we were locked up we both ran sideways and just plowed him over. Both of us fell on him. When we got up all the coaches gave us a pat on the back for going at each other so hard.

I still think back on that and laugh my ass off. Today we probably would be kicked out of school and charged with assult.

My Team
    Texas A&M Aggies
    Post Count
    I wonder if he has a coach he hates like I did. Back in my senior year of high school, (A very very long time ago). I had a coach that everyone on our team hated, he was a wanna-be hard ass. One day my best friend and I decided to get him back. I played on the offensive line and him on the defensive line. we locked up and acted like we were in a big time struggle, while we were locked up we both ran sideways and just plowed him over. Both of us fell on him. When we got up all the coaches gave us a pat on the back for going at each other so hard.

I still think back on that and laugh my ass off. Today we probably would be kicked out of school and charged with assult.
    classic. and i think everyone had a coach like that at some point. i can think of several.

My Team
    Brigham Young Cougars
    Post Count

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    As I said on the Texas thread, I'd love to get him and him keep his commitment, but the truth is, if he does flip it will be two commitments after two emotional games. the likelihood is he will just do it again and again. I'd prefer him to take in everything and then make a well thought out decision not an emotional decision he will later regret.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Oh and lol jumbo fisher

My Team
    Texas A&M Aggies
    Post Count
    overall, i wasn't too disappointed with the bama loss. this is the scariest bama team i've seen in the saban years as they have their typical defense, RBs and WRs but they finally have a great QB. ags moved the ball here and there and shut down the Bama running game but the secondary was shredded. it's no wonder that the aggies have been focusing on the secondary in recruiting. mond missed some shots but held up fairly well. and the front seven for a&m finally looks like an SEC front seven. what they lack is an edge rusher. as for bama, georgia is the only team that i think has a shot at them. auburn doesn't have enough of an offense (same for LSU).

Thread Information