Page 7 of 23 FirstFirst ... 3456789101117 ... LastLast
    My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    I'm guessing the Chappel is now lit.

My Team
    Brigham Young Cougars
    Post Count
    texas a&m could end jimbos first season with a better record than herman in his 2nd season

a&m is projected to play ncst in bowl game texas is projected to play georgia

if a&m wins & texas loses a&m would finish 9-4 & texas 9-5
    Last edited by playblair; 12-02-2018 at 06:56 PM.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Texas played for their conference championship, When the Ags do this, then they have accomplished something. people can talk all they want about how great the SEC is, but the Ags lost to every good team they played except for LSU.

Rank their wins from 1-8 and and compare them to Texas 1-8

Ags Texas
    1. LSU 1. blOwU
    2. Kentuky 2. ISU
    3. South Carolina 3. TCU
    4. Ole Miss 4. Tech
    5. Arkansas 5. USC
    6. ULM 6. KSU
    7. UAB 7. Baylor
    8. Northwestern St 8. Kansas

If you go by the Saragin power rankings - Oklahoma was the most impressive win between the two schools, followed by the Ags wins over LSU Kentucky and USCe. After than it's pretty much all Texas. ISU, TCU, Tech USCw and KSU are all bunched together from 41 to 52. Ole Miss and Baylor go back to back at 68 and 69. UAB is 77 and Arkansas is 100. The rest of the Ags wins are ranked below 100.

If you really want to compare who had the better season I'd stll point to Texas.

My Team
    Brigham Young Cougars
    Post Count

https://247sports.com/player/jalen-wydermyer-92227/

My Team
    Brigham Young Cougars
    Post Count

My Team
    Brigham Young Cougars
    Post Count
    247 updated leal to a 5*

My Team
    Texas A&M Aggies
    Post Count
    leal still solid to a&m even with brewester's departure. got to saw him play several times in his career. he is so disruptive and already has a college physique. he should be a contributor as a frosh, no doubt. hope to see some of his action against LT this weekend.

https://247sports.com/college/texas-...son-125900269/

My Team
    Texas A&M Aggies
    Post Count
    also, lejond cavazos has decommitted from OSU and a&m (and others, of course) are back in the mix. steele definitely missed him this year.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Curious if this was a mutual parting of ways.

My Team
    Texas A&M Aggies
    Post Count
    splitting hairs on who had the better season, really. the records for the ags and horns this season say as much about how much the programs had dropped off as anything else. can't be too giddy about a four loss season unless it points to a brighter forecast which i think is something that can be said of both teams.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    splitting hairs on who had the better season, really. the records for the ags and horns this season say as much about how much the programs had dropped off as anything else. can't be too giddy about a four loss season unless it points to a brighter forecast which i think is something that can be said of both teams.
    It's funny, I look at every loss Texas had this year and with the exception of losing to Oklahoma I feel like Texas should have won each one. in a way it makes me sick but under the previous coaching staff I think Texas would be under .500 this year. I'm happy with the season because it is a step in the right direction and for the first time in a very long time, I see progress and a staff that knows what they are doing.

For the first time in a long time I see an Ag coach that knows what he is doing.

I'm also pretty sure that from the way things look right now, that next preseason you are going to see the Ags and Horns both start the season in the top 10. With your schedule you won't finish there, but I tink you will start there. I see Texas having only two tough games next year in LSU and blOwU. The rest are very winnable.

My Team
    Texas A&M Aggies
    Post Count
    It's funny, I look at every loss Texas had this year and with the exception of losing to Oklahoma I feel like Texas should have won each one. in a way it makes me sick but under the previous coaching staff I think Texas would be under .500 this year. I'm happy with the season because it is a step in the right direction and for the first time in a very long time, I see progress and a staff that knows what they are doing.

For the first time in a long time I see an Ag coach that knows what he is doing.

I'm also pretty sure that from the way things look right now, that next preseason you are going to see the Ags and Horns both start the season in the top 10. With your schedule you won't finish there, but I tink you will start there. I see Texas having only two tough games next year in LSU and blOwU. The rest are very winnable.
    the only blown game from a&m this season, imho, was the auburn game. i also think if they had played better, they could have upset clemson. i think they will be ranked in the top 15 to start but not sure about the top 10. a lot will depend on how they perform against NC state. they have three brutal away games in clemson, georgia and LSU next season and then bama at home so i see another 8-4 record as quite likely but i wouldn't see that in a terrible way. the real barometer will be the 2020 season.

texas will be very interesting next year. they can compete for a playoff spot if everything falls into place.

My Team
    Brigham Young Cougars
    Post Count
    texas a&m wins the live mas student section of the year award

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    texas a&m wins the live mas student section of the year award

Is that a thing?

My Team
    Brigham Young Cougars
    Post Count
    yes

At least they won something.Finally!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Since the formation of the Big 12 in 1996 they have a 1998 Big 12 championship, a 2012 Heisman, and now this. Oh and a lot of participation trophies. Do they have any big bowl victories like Rose Sugar or Fiesta?

My Team
    Brigham Young Cougars
    Post Count
    CB Jeffery Carter of Mansfield Legacy flips to Alabama.

https://247sports.com/Player/Jeffery-Carter-46038477/

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Pretty sure the ags are going to pick up that kid that just de-committed from LSU so it shouldn't be a big deal.

Post Count
    yes

It's the most prestigious award associated with Taco Bell.

Post Count
    Since the formation of the Big 12 in 1996 they have a 1998 Big 12 championship, a 2012 Heisman, and now this. Oh and a lot of participation trophies. Do they have any big bowl victories like Rose Sugar or Fiesta?
    They blew out OU in the Cotton Bowl with Manziel.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    They blew out OU in the Cotton Bowl with Manziel.
    Cotton Bowl back in 2012 was a 2nd tier bowl game. I'm talking BCS level like Fiesta, Rose, Sugar, Orange. those are the big boy bowl games where you play Big boy opponents not the 2nd or 3rd string opponent.

My Team
    Texas A&M Aggies
    Post Count
    I'm thinking the Ags add David Ugwoegbu and Marcus Banks during the early signing period. Hope I'm correct about Banks.

Others to watch out for but would be considered a surprise are Nakobe Dean, Derick Hunter, Elijah Blades, and Adisa Isaac. I'm pretty sure all these guys plan on signing during the early signing period and A&M has recruited them heavily.

My Team
    Brigham Young Cougars
    Post Count
    #1 rated juco cb

My Team
    Brigham Young Cougars
    Post Count

Thread Information