Page 6 of 23 FirstFirst ... 234567891016 ... LastLast
    My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    LOL, I'm starting to not give a flip about Evans, not sure how he missed the TD catch by Watson on Saturday. Seriously, he doesn't come across as the smartest guy. No matter, Texas survived not getting Adrian Peterson, I'm sure they can survive not getting Evans.

my unders, my frgn whites pgardn's Avatar
    My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    The UK was a nice game to watch for a serious football fan but not for the casual fan in the least. in fact, it was the stereotypical SEC game and the exact opposite of the red river shootout, which was the quintessential big XII game. love the remarkable contrast of the current run defense compared to the run defense of the past seasons. a&m has legit run defense for the first time in at least five seasons. still a work in progress as a team overall but this is a game that sumlin would have lost.
    Mond is gonna be very good.
    Excellent RB at ATM. Excellent TE and nice big receivers.
    Run defense was very good but they stacked the line as the game progressed, daring Kentucky to pass. So to the D coordinator’s credit, he knew the QB was not good.

I thought the game was fun just because it exposed Kentucky. They got one of the most experienced teams in college FB but that only goes so far.

The LB from Kentucky was a blast to watch, he was fantastic. Best player on the field imo and not knowing the Olines well. I will say that Kentucky had one Olineman that was mauling people. I think it was #71, I will look the name up.

Edit:
    Logan Stenberg. The dude just basically tossed a LB to the sidelines and crushed Mack a number of times although as the game wore on, Mack started to hang and make plays. If not the NFL, pro rasslin.
    Last edited by pgardn; 10-08-2018 at 06:30 PM.

My Team
    Texas A&M Aggies
    Post Count
    Mond is gonna be very good.
    Excellent RB at ATM. Excellent TE and nice big receivers.
    Run defense was very good but they stacked the line as the game progressed, daring Kentucky to pass. So to the D coordinator’s credit, he knew the QB was not good.

I thought the game was fun just because it exposed Kentucky. They got one of the most experienced teams in college FB but that only goes so far.

The LB from Kentucky was a blast to watch, he was fantastic. Best player on the field imo and not knowing the Olines well. I will say that Kentucky had one Olineman that was mauling people. I think it was #71, I will look the name up.

Edit:
    Logan Stenberg. The dude just basically tossed a LB to the sidelines and crushed Mack a number of times although as the game wore on, Mack started to hang and make plays. If not the NFL, pro rasslin.
    credit to stoops for maximizing his talent but i agree that kentucky will lose some more games. the win against florida and SC were big for them though. i think the run defense will be consistent all season long as they have been solid all season, including the 'bama game. they just lacked a pass rush and their secondary was shredded. considering how often teams ran for more than 300 yards per game against them just over the past two or three seasons, i'm very happy with that. loved #41 for UK. i saw that he is projected as the top OLB in the upcoming draft.

SC will definitely test a&m again so time will tell if they are definitely moving to being less of a middle of the pack SEC team.

My Team
    Brigham Young Cougars
    Post Count
    rjv congrats to aggy staff for utilizing the trainers & 7 on 7.......... football has turned into aau basketball aggy staff is ahead of the curve/texas

My Team
    Brigham Young Cougars
    Post Count
    wolfe is the a&m commit who contacted texas

My Team
    Brigham Young Cougars
    Post Count

My Team
    Texas A&M Aggies
    Post Count
    interesting. thanks for posting.

My Team
    Texas A&M Aggies
    Post Count
    wasn't pretty again but a win on the road in the SEC is always nice to have. this was another one that the team would have lost under sumlin.

My Team
    Brigham Young Cougars
    Post Count
    wasn't pretty again but a win on the road in the SEC is always nice to have. this was another one that the team would have lost under sumlin.
    sternberger is legit hes going pro

My Team
    Texas A&M Aggies
    Post Count
    sternberger is legit hes going pro

yes, he will get drafted but i sure hope he stays for his senior year.

My Team
    Brigham Young Cougars
    Post Count
    aggy bound imo

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    aggy bound imo

I'd love it if true, since they are already heavy at DB and at the 25 limit. I'm still waiting to hear how they are going to get around the 25 rule the SEC has set.

My Team
    Texas A&M Aggies
    Post Count
    I'd love it if true, since they are already heavy at DB and at the 25 limit. I'm still waiting to hear how they are going to get around the 25 rule the SEC has set.
    the only thing i can think of is that they would back count some mid-season enrollees.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    the only thing i can think of is that they would back count some mid-season enrollees.
    They took 23 last year so at the minimum they can take 2 extra, however some of the 23 might have also been early enrollees so they could actually take more than that. It will be interesting to see. But I also thought it was a hard ceiling of 25 in the SEC?

My Team
    Texas A&M Aggies
    Post Count
    They took 23 last year so at the minimum they can take 2 extra, however some of the 23 might have also been early enrollees so they could actually take more than that. It will be interesting to see. But I also thought it was a hard ceiling of 25 in the SEC?
    no hard ceiling in that you can still back date. that is the only way i can see that they still have space because they are still recruiting for the '19 class.

My Team
    Brigham Young Cougars
    Post Count
    aggy leads for banks

Houston Madison four-star cornerback Bobby Wolfe made a surprise early commitment to Texas A&M in February, but decided to open things up less than a month later. Then, in July, he again committed to the Aggies, doing so at The Opening Finals.

While the 6-foot-1, 180-pound defender remained relatively solid for a while, he had recently been talking to other programs. He scheduled an unofficial visit to Arkansas earlier this season, but never took it. He had also been in contact with both Arizona and Louisville quite a bit recently.

On Sunday, Wolfe and the Aggies parted ways again, and it is likely for good this time. He spent the weekend on an official visit to Arizona and Crystal Ball predictions have been coming in for the Wildcats.

Wolfe held offers from schools all over the country when he made his commitment to Texas A&M. However, off-field issues caused some concern this fall with the Aggies as well as other programs.

The loss of Wolfe from the commitment list only makes a small dent in the total team points and the Aggies remain at No. 2 in the team recruiting rankings, behind only Alabama.

A&M has 24 commitments in the class of 2019 with eight of those being ranked in the national top 100. The Aggies still have a pair of cornerbacks committed in four-stars Erick Young of Fort Bend Bush and Jeffery Carter of Mansfield Legacy. Both are national top-1oo prospects.

Wolfe is ranked as the No. 31 prospect in the state of Texas and the No. 28 cornerback. He was also once a very early Ole Miss commit, pledging to the Rebels the summer prior to his junior season

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    As I understand it, Banks has some character issues as well.

My Team
    Brigham Young Cougars
    Post Count
    sheppard no showed aggy visit

here is video of aggy singing about a texas player

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Still letting Texas live rent free in Kyle field.

My Team
    Brigham Young Cougars
    Post Count
    aggy wins vs lsu in 7 ots

recruiting will be lit

My Team
    Texas A&M Aggies
    Post Count
    turned into a big XII game out of nowhere. kidding aside, i'll take the end of the LSU streak and a 8 game win season in a transition year. this is the sort of game that sumlin's team would have been crushed in.

my unders, my frgn whites pgardn's Avatar
    My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    That was indeed a game that required mental for ude.
    Something that I believe has been missing since Slo .
    Big energy game. Now if UT loses against Oklahoma we have a bowl game ready to be a big one. Let's do this.

I still don't get why LSU can't actually get a QB they can develop with a passing game. Together. I guess it takes a great Hawaiian arm to convince some coaches. Kentucky has shown this year you can have a solid senior team with everything in place but without a QB and receivers....

If ATM is to ever actually challenge, guys like Mond, who can move and have a throwing upside are required. LSU just running QB sweeps? And it works because the D for both teams are just dead tired. 30 carries for your QB... That's supposed to be death in the SEC. And LSU refusing to double what looks like a great SO receiver? That game allowed a bunch of weird stuff to be displayed.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Don't know what the coaching situation is like at LSU, but if they want a power passing game with a coach that can develop a QB they should be offering the world to Kingsbury. Personally this would be bad for all of college football as it would put them right up there with Bama and unleash the Kracken on the rest of college football.

My Team
    Brigham Young Cougars
    Post Count
    A&M loses LB Christian Harris of Baton Rouge, LA to Alabama.

https://247sports.com/Player/Christian-Harris-89511/

Thread Information