My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The Lakers played 50 game in 1999 too.

And they got swept

My Team
    Boston Celtics
    Post Count
    The Suns couldn't even sweep Mike Dumbleavy and old-ass Sam Cassell. They would have been swept by the Kang.
    I don’t take any of Lkrfans posts seriously, but are you actually being serious when you say stuff like this? That 2007 Cavs team was maybe the worst team I’ve ever seen in the finals. The 2007 Suns played the Spurs evenly before they shot themselves in the foot by violating a rule everyone knows about, while the Spurs were doing like trying unnecessary alleyoops against the Cavs and still winning by double digits every game.

My Team
    New Orleans Pelicans
    Post Count
    The Suns would have dominated the Cavs in a series. No debate there.

Millennial Messiah UNT Eagles 2016's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I agree. That was rigged . Nash did deserve a ring and that year the Suns were better. The Suns were just one team Stern hated worse than the Spurs for some reason.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Laker fans complaining about refs and the leagues.

The league literally killed Len bias to make sure the lakers get two more les.
    The league decimated the rockets and destroyed the careers of multiple people so that the lakers can get two more les.
    The league gave the lakers massive fta advantage in THREE elimination games in a decade. The lakers won all three of those games and went on to the finals.

All 11 of those laker les have a gigantic * on it.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Even more reason to not let your panties get all up in a bunch, daughter.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Laker fans complaining about refs and the leagues.

The league literally killed Len bias to make sure the lakers get two more les.
    The league decimated the rockets and destroyed the careers of multiple people so that the lakers can get two more les.
    The league gave the lakers massive fta advantage in THREE elimination games in a decade. The lakers won all three of those games and went on to the finals.

All 11 of those laker les have a gigantic * on it.
    Well the league did block the cp3 trade

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I agree. That was rigged . Nash did deserve a ring and that year the Suns were better. The Suns were just one team Stern hated worse than the Spurs for some reason.
    If nash deserved a ring, he would have won one, but he didn't......just like Ewing, Malone, Stockton, Barkley, and many more

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The Suns couldn't even sweep Mike Dumbleavy and old-ass Sam Cassell. They would have been swept by the Kang.
    At least the Suns have been to the nba finals, the clippers are the laughing stock of the league, the cleveland browns and detroit lions of the nba.

Millennial Messiah UNT Eagles 2016's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Different team, come on don't be an idiot. That was in 2006 when Amare was on the shelf all year.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    How was it rigged if the rules were applied

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The Sp*rs had a 5 point halftime lead. Then lead by as much as 11 in the 3rd before Nash started carving them up. Then something Horryble happened:

Suns won the battle but lost the war. They clearly were the better team det year.

Watching the Dubs dominate the NBA right now pisses me off that the pioneers of small ball were robbed of a le by cheapshot Bob and Bruce Lee Bowen. Key Suns players were suspended which ensured the Sp*rs rang.

By my count, y'all get two *s:

*1999 season had only 50 games
    *2007 season - a legit le team was robbed by Horry's hipcheck.

Unbelievable. SMDH
    whoa true if huge

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Well the league did block the cp3 trade
    Helped them more than they help them.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It was known after the 97 playoffs. Stern suspended Patrick Ewing, Larry Johnson, Allan Houston, and John Starks for leaving the bench in Game 5 of their series with Miami, with Ewing and Houston suspended for Game 6 and Johnson and Starks Game 7. So if the league is going to suspend the four best players from the team in the largest market for elimination games the Suns have no excuse to not know that rule was serious.
    That Knicks-Heat game was a real fight too. Not this chicken run up and talk a big game stuff

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The only ones getting robbed there were the Spurs. Two games suspension for a hip check.

Nowadays folks are allowed to kick opponents in the junk without even getting tossed of the game.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Helped them more than they help them.
    Facts

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    1999 ¹ ²
    2003 ¹
    2005 ¹
    2007 ¹
    2014 ¹

¹ - Denotes pseudo-championship due failure to repeat
    ² - Denotes exhibition championship due to shorted season

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    1999 ¹ ²
    2003 ¹
    2005 ¹
    2007 ¹
    2014 ¹

¹ - Denotes pseudo-championship due failure to repeat
    ² - Denotes exhibition championship due to shorted season

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Looking at that play, ONLY Horry should have been suspended. He was getting ready to trap Nash on the sideline. Nash likely calls TO to stop the clock (which is what the Sp*rs needed anyway). But nooooo. Horry had to goon up the game with a hipcheck that was totally unnecessary. He should have been suspended for the rest of the season on the spot. SMH

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    lmao still worrying about the past

My Team
    Boston Celtics
    Post Count
    The big culprits for the Suns losing that series were Dantoni, Marion and Barbosa, in that order. Dantoni is to blame for his team not being disciplined enough to follow an existing rule (the Spurs’ bench didn’t even flinch after the hip check) and even ignoring that, he got out coached in every which way during that series. Even though the Suns traded for Kurt Thomas specifically to have a defensive answer to Tim Duncan, Dantoni valued proving the world wrong about his SSOL offense more than he valued winning, so he didn’t want to give Kurt Thomas any real minutes until after the Suns lost game 1 and home court. Marion and Barbosa meanwhile couldn’t hit the most wide open shots given to them which made it so Nash and Amare were the only way they could get any half court offense going.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It was known after the 97 playoffs. Stern suspended Patrick Ewing, Larry Johnson, Allan Houston, and John Starks for leaving the bench in Game 5 of their series with Miami, with Ewing and Houston suspended for Game 6 and Johnson and Starks Game 7. So if the league is going to suspend the four best players from the team in the largest market for elimination games the Suns have no excuse to not know that rule was serious.
    The Knicks had a legit shot at beating Chicago that year.
    They were on fire during those playoffs

Thread Information