Page 12 of 38 FirstFirst ... 2891011121314151622 ... LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Jesus in' Christ. Beyond irritated. 2 on, no outs, 3-0, and you strike out 3 straight times to end the game. Most of my ire is directed at in' Machado. One of the worst ABs I've ever seen, and this guy has been nothing but a disappointment since arriving. Same with that Dozier (who also turned into a terrible AB). 1-12 now in the ALDS. I can accept 1-12 if you're grinding out ABs and working counts, but it seems all you have to do is throw it in the dirt and Machado chases.

Dodgers don't have the for ude to win the WS. The lineup after Turner simply blindly swings for the fences (Puig has improved at least). When Bellinger, Machado, Grandal are up in high leverage situations, I basically count it as a K.

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That Braves crowd got me wanting to watch this movie again.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The Stros are ruthless.

Board Man Comes Home Clipper Nation's Avatar
    My Team
    Los Angeles Clippers
    Post Count
    Man, I want to believe in a Brewers miracle run, but I just can't see Houston not repeating this year. The Astros are simply too stacked.

My Team
    Cleveland Cavaliers
    Post Count
    Congrats to the Astros. Time for the Indians to blow it up and start over.

My Team
    New Orleans Pelicans
    Post Count
    Man, I want to believe in a Brewers miracle run, but I just can't see Houston not repeating this year. The Astros are simply too stacked.
    I would go for the Brewers since they have Moustakas and Cain but the Astros are my local team so I will pull for them again. I see a repeat with the Dodgers.

My Team
    Houston Rockets
    Post Count
    Gettin litty after work

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I feel sorry for whoever faces the Astros coming out of the ALDS.

Actually, a lie. I will enjoy watching the Yankees getting their pushed in after Red Sox finish choking.

you're my sweetie pie Cuppycake Gumdrop's Avatar
    My Team
    Memphis Grizzlies
    Post Count
    I’m at the point where i’m shocked if Springer doesn’t hit it out of the park. Already a playoff clutch legend. Astros have this season locked up.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Alex Cora, the looks of a desperate man. Uppending the Red Sox lineup tonight.

Sales will also not start game 4 if they drop this one. Overall, good move. Nothing to lose but you dignity at this point.

But @ Price coming out of the bullpen.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Congrats to the Astros. Time for the Indians to blow it up and start over.
    How's the farm system looking? Kluber, Carrasco, Clevinger, and Bauer plus Lindor, Zimmer, and Ramirez is a great core. If the farm system has a couple of bats and arms, you're right there again. Eventually, Kluber will find it again in the post-season. I don't think there's a need to go full rebuild. Players like Lindor and Kluber don't come around very often.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Big redemption game for Machado today.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don't mind the Astros, despite last year, but the only drawback of them being successful is that teams will start copycatting their roster building strategy and start tanking for picks (that has historically never worked and still won't work. Astros aren't the exception that prove the rule. They just had the perfect storm of all of their prospects developing into star level players, something that rarely happens). I don't want end of the season of baseball looking like the NBA.

Still Hates Small Ball Spurminator's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Happy Columbus Day to the Braves and Indians...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Alex Cora, the looks of a desperate man. Uppending the Red Sox lineup tonight.

Sales will also not start game 4 if they drop this one. Overall, good move. Nothing to lose but you dignity at this point.

But @ Price coming out of the bullpen.
    Looks like the shook up worked. This is the high octane version of the Sox that can hang with the Astros. Just gotta worry about Price and Sale and the pen.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    10-0 lmao

My Team
    Cleveland Cavaliers
    Post Count
    How's the farm system looking? Kluber, Carrasco, Clevinger, and Bauer plus Lindor, Zimmer, and Ramirez is a great core. If the farm system has a couple of bats and arms, you're right there again. Eventually, Kluber will find it again in the post-season. I don't think there's a need to go full rebuild. Players like Lindor and Kluber don't come around very often.
    The organization is strong. This is a good organization. But when they come out and play the way they did in this series, you can't help but wonder if this group has shot its bolt. I don't want to take any credit away from the Astros, who IMO are the best team in the game no question, but the Indians embarrassed themselves in this series. I don't trust this group of players anymore and frankly, I'm not sure I trust o anymore either. Every move he made in these last two postseasons has blown up in his face.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don't mind the Astros, despite last year, but the only drawback of them being successful is that teams will start copycatting their roster building strategy and start tanking for picks (that has historically never worked and still won't work. Astros aren't the exception that prove the rule. They just had the perfect storm of all of their prospects developing into star level players, something that rarely happens). I don't want end of the season of baseball looking like the NBA.
    I think it's too late. The trend has already been set. This is exactly what Theo did after coming over. Astros have just done it better.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Color me impressed (And shocked) the Red Sox actually put their man pants on tonight.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Looks like the shook up worked. This is the high octane version of the Sox that can hang with the Astros. Just gotta worry about Price and Sale and the pen.
    Look how well this team does when their starting pitcher can actually last at least 7 innings. I liked the initiative Cora took. Bold move that actually paid off.

Guess I got the team wrong about the dignity part. This was a massacre.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yankees

My Team
    Houston Rockets
    Post Count
    Yankees lose tomorrow big

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Fan of the team who was raped in game 7 of the World Series last year praying for Boston to stop the Astros from going back to the world series. Houston is a terrible matchup for Boston. Their bats are much more diverse and their pitching is far better especially this year in their bullpen. The Astros have a killer instinct now too. Boston is beyond ed against Houston in a series.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Fan of the team who was raped in game 7 of the World Series last year praying for Boston to stop the Astros from going back to the world series. Houston is a terrible matchup for Boston. Their bats are much more diverse and their pitching is far better especially this year in their bullpen. The Astros have a killer instinct now too. Boston is beyond ed against Houston in a series.
    That may well be true but Boston could take them to a game 6 and push them harder. Yankees would get swept.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That may well be true but Boston could take them to a game 6 and push them harder. Yankees would get swept.
    I don’t see it. The Astros would force Boston to go to their ty bullpen early and often. Boston’s starters are not very good outside of Sale (who is the Kershaw of the AL in October.) Boston’s bats are better than the Yankees easily. I can see Boston winning 1 at home, and that would be it. They really don’t have the team to “push” the Astros this year. The Astros starters/bullpen are far superior than theirs and would limit Boston’s strength...their offense. On the other end, the Astros bats would dominate Boston’s pitching from top to bottom. This team is a major problem for Boston in every possible way.

Thread Information