Page 27 of 38 FirstFirst ... 1723242526272829303137 ... LastLast
    My Team
    Boston Celtics
    Post Count
    I actually never disliked Ortiz as a person, I just hated the double standard from the media and fans towards his PED usage in contrast to their at ude towards the other high-profile users..
    I liked Ortiz ever since he agreed to do a TV interview from his house about Manny Ramirez possibly being traded and he was blasting the 50 Cent sing “Just a lil bit” in the background with a crazy ass pool party going on

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Well this was as spot on as it gets.
    Wood's been shaky all playoffs. Baez has been unhittable, but let's go with Wood cuz leftie vs leftie, which didn't even work

Cora pinch hitting Nunez, who often comes in late in the game for defense anyway, is something Roberts should've seen coming.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Wood shouldn't even have made the roster. Freese misplaying Mookie's foul out in the 1st and Joc's error on the pop fly killed their chances. Both were semi-tough plays but you give the Red Sox that many chances at it and they straight murder you like tonight.

Not too confident about G2 but I liked the approach of a lot of the guys at the plate, hopefully it carries over tbh.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Wood shouldn't even have made the roster. Freese misplaying Mookie's foul out in the 1st and Joc's error on the pop fly killed their chances. Both were semi-tough plays but you give the Red Sox that many chances at it and they straight murder you like tonight.

Not too confident about G2 but I liked the approach of a lot of the guys at the plate, hopefully it carries over tbh.
    I knew the moment Wood came in it was going to . There were many positives. Good overall approach at the plate, manufacturing what I call "dirty runs," but other than Wood's gaff, Boston was basically ahead on account of that Freese blunder and those double plays they beat out (which proves what I always say in how speed kills in the playoffs). Dodgers were that close until the 7th. Hopefully Price has a meltdown game, but knowing how star crossed the Dodgers seem to be, he'll probably replicate his Houston performance. Make him work. No big swings. Put traffic on the bases and Price will implode.

My Team
    Chicago Bulls
    Post Count
    Cora really wanted to defeat Kershaw in Game 1. Burned the bullpen with Price coming up on the mound

I like LAD in Game 2

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Keep trusting the print out sheets from the analytics office you stupid . You got guy who is complete command of 98mph heat tonight and you go with the rag arm leftie, which didn't even get you the match up you wanted. What a dumb .

Analytics is killing this game. I'm glad Boston has not gone all in on that bull yet. But it's just a matter of time before one and all teams are doing it. Along with managers only letting starting pitchers go 4 innings.

Honestly, in a few more years, perfect games or even no hitter games are going to be extinct because a pitcher is pull before or after 4 innings.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Cora really wanted to defeat Kershaw in Game 1. Burned the bullpen with Price coming up on the mound

I like LAD in Game 2
    Meh, both teams used up their bench and bullpen.

It's 50-50 with Price and Ryu.

My Team
    Boston Celtics
    Post Count
    The playoff losing streak he had was clearly bothering price, he didn’t even try to pretend it wasn’t after he got his first win against Houston. That should theoretically have a positive impact on him tonight but I could easily see him being too relaxed and ing up.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Was there even a question that Kershaw and Sale would both choke big time tonight
    3-3 four innings complete.
    I thought at the time Roberts should have called 4 good entering the 5th pulled Kershaw at the very first sign of chokage given his history. Which he showed in walking* leadoff Betts. What happens after that, I dunno but he matched Sale FWIW.

Did ump burn him? I was watching but distracted?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    3-3 four innings complete.
    I thought at the time Roberts should have called 4 good entering the 5th pulled Kershaw at the very first sign of chokage given his history. Which he showed in walking* leadoff Betts. What happens after that, I dunno but he matched Sale FWIW.

Did ump burn him? I was watching but distracted?
    Kershaw actually had a fine pitch sequence against Betts. Betts fought off some hard sliders and then laid off a nasty 3-2 curve that 99 percent of hitters chase. Benintendi then laced a single in the next AB.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Roberts making no changes to his lineup tonight. not playing Bellinger.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Roberts making no changes to his lineup tonight. not playing Bellinger.
    Still going with . I think Bellinger matches up fine with Price despite the lefty/lefty. I'm also tired of seeing Brian Dozier out there.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Red Sox are just hacking at everything like noobs. Possibly in position to screw over Price’s good start.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That piece of Kinsler can’t do right even when he does.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Sox are playing for homers tonight. I’ll just watch the highlight. Boring game

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Bit of a pitching duel. Who wouldve thought.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Sox are playing for homers tonight. I’ll just watch the highlight. Boring game
    Ryus low velocity seems to entice big swings.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Meltdown inning for price? Unlikely with the ty Dodgers bottom of the order, puig aside.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Meltdown inning for price? Unlikely with the ty Dodgers bottom of the order, puig aside.
    Seems tired.

The walk to load the bases seemed slackerish.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    We really should've nailed Price's ass to the cross in that bases loaded inning. What Roberts gets for continuing to trot out that bum . Also don't have a hitting catcher worth a on the team.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Dodgers love beating themselves.

36/7/7
    My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    David Price's regular season career: 1922.1 IP, 8.68 K/9, 2.32 BB/9, 28.4% Hard hit rate, 3.58 xFIP
    David Price's postseason career: 85.2 IP, 8.51 K/9, 2.31 BB/9, 30.04% Hard hit rate, 3.78 xFIP

It's. Almost. As. If. Players. Are. The. Same. Regular. Versus. Post. Season. The. Only. Difference. Is. Higher. Level. Of. Compe ion. And. A. Much. Lesser. Sample. Size. To. Work. With.

My Team
    Boston Celtics
    Post Count
    Wonder if Roberts puts that really ty Wood pitcher back in now

My Team
    Boston Celtics
    Post Count
    why would you pull Urias? He’s been unhittable and threw less than 10 pitches, he could have easily gone another inning

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    why would you pull Urias? He’s been unhittable and threw less than 10 pitches, he could have easily gone another inning
    Either more managerial stupidity or legit concern for Urias's health (he came back from shoulder surgery that had him out 16 months). He projects to be a future starter so the Dodgers might be handling him with kid gloves.

Thread Information