Page 38 of 38 FirstFirst ... 283435363738
    My Team
    Houston Rockets
    Post Count

damn

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Where do you go from here if you are the dodgers?
    Build like the Astros and Sox. Abandon the re ed three true outcome approach that is becoming antiquated and develop players into all around hitters. The Astros took their biggest step from 2016 to 2017 when they went from a top 4 team in Ks to last in Ks. Dodgers still operate until the old sabermetrics idea that a strikeout is just another out and that OPS is the be all end all.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

You two weeks ago, Porkchop:

Neither you nor Alex Jones called the Red Sox.
    Who do you think you're talking to? DMC?

The Red Sox's bullpen was and they were the underdog coming into that Astros series. I never said Sox would win that one.

Doesn't change the fact that statistically Red Sox were a better team.

My Team
    Houston Rockets
    Post Count
    Next few years it’s going to be the Sox, Astros in the AL.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Congrats to Reck and Lngrrr. I hope Roberts is fired and Friedman and Zaidi evaluate their roster building philosophy.
    Gratz Reck, and any other Sox fans on here. That was one of a season for you guys, owned it wire to wire.
    Congrats Reck, LnGrrrR, and other Red Sox fans on here. Red Sox clutched the up come the postseason.
    Thanks broskis. I didn't think they'd win it coming into the playoffs knowing they had to go through the Yankees and Astros (Specifically the Astros) but once they did and it became evident that it would be against the Dodgers or Brewers, there was immediate hope.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Who do you think you're talking to? DMC?

The Red Sox's bullpen was and they were the underdog coming into that Astros series. I never said Sox would win that one.

Doesn't change the fact that statistically Red Sox were a better team.
    This is how it's done son.
    The Stros just barely got by thanks to plenty of help from moron Dodgers.
    So cut it with the "unbeatable" crap.

In fact I'll call BoSox. Their re manager might blow a game or two like Dodger manager did, but I'll still say Bosox.
    You boys wouldn't touch this.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    And as a fan of baseball, I'm glad teams like the Royals, Astros, and Sox are exposing NL teams (and teams in the AL like the Yankees) based around the all or nothing "Joey Gallo ball" approach. Even the 2016 Cubs didn't egregiously strikeout. Bryant kind of inflated their overall K percentage, but the rest of the team all had under 130 regular season Ks.

My Team
    Houston Rockets
    Post Count
    This is how it's done son.

You boys wouldn't touch this.
    Astros beat Boston La and the Yankees. They earned their ring just like Boston did.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    And as a fan of baseball, I'm glad teams like the Royals, Astros, and Sox are exposing NL teams (and teams in the AL like the Yankees) based around the all or nothing "Joey Gallo ball" approach. Even the 2016 Cubs didn't egregiously strikeout. Bryant kind of inflated their overall K percentage, but the rest of the team all had under 130 regular season Ks.
    Supposedly Asmus going to combine analytics with real world sense.
    We'll see.

Board Man Comes Home Clipper Nation's Avatar
    My Team
    Los Angeles Clippers
    Post Count

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    They deserve it, great team, but I hate that the team with the highest payroll won the WS

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    They deserve it, great team, but I hate that the team with the highest payroll won the WS
    To be fair, their high price pitchers almost blew it multiple times over the course of their run (Price was really the only player to live up, which no one could see coming). Their home grown guys and veteran retreads came through with big hits, big defensive plays, and big pitching performances in huge spots.

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Thanks broskis. I didn't think they'd win it coming into the playoffs knowing they had to go through the Yankees and Astros (Specifically the Astros) but once they did and it became evident that it would be against the Dodgers or Brewers, there was immediate hope.
    Cos you're a poser that doesn't know "your team." I called the Red Sox would win it all before the season started.

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Great to see the ring-less steak continued.

My Team
    Chicago Bulls
    Post Count
    Hahah Magic Johnson. Can't win anything without Kareem

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Just glad we avoided a Game 6 situation. That was the cruelest thing in sports history. Atlanta's meltdown against the Pats 2nd. Spurs Game 6 was bad, but we already had 4 of 'em, while the Rangers and Falcons were looking to break the ice.

My Team
    Houston Rockets
    Post Count
    Just glad we avoided a Game 6 situation. That was the cruelest thing in sports history. Atlanta's meltdown against the Pats 2nd. Spurs Game 6 was bad, but we already had 4 of 'em, while the Rangers and Falcons were looking to break the ice.
    Yeah hard to top being one strike away from a ring.

adolis is altuve’s father monosylab1k's Avatar
    My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lone_Star_Series
    The only trophy that matters.

Silver Boot Championships
    Rangers - 12
    Astros - 6

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    peyton kershaw

Board Man Comes Home Clipper Nation's Avatar
    My Team
    Los Angeles Clippers
    Post Count
    Georgia's loss in the national le game last year was pretty bad, too. It's still incomprehensible to me that they kept giving carries to Chubb instead of Michel.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    One strike away twice. The high point from being a strike away in the 9th to the low point from Freese's triple to tie to the elation of Hamilton's homerun to the soul crushing despair of Freese's walkoff. Just brutal.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    All my teams are sacks of . Raiders are blowing it up. I don't care about the Spurs because today's NBA. And while 2 straight pennants is nice, the Dodgers just continue to make incomprehensible moves at key moments. I didn't expect them to beat Houston nor Boston, but don't make it in' harder on yourselves. Ryan in' Madson. Jesus Christ.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Georgia's loss in the national le game last year was pretty bad, too. It's still incomprehensible to me that they kept giving carries to Chubb instead of Michel.
    At home at Mercedes Benz Stadium too . Man, Georgia/Atlanta sports are just soul crushing. Braves scratched once, but that Bobby Cox era underperformed. The Hawks had that cute 60 win season that meant nothing. The Falcons are the biggest chokers in NFL SB history. No wonder they're moving to povertyball there. What's left?

Thread Information