Page 13 of 25 FirstFirst ... 39101112131415161723 ... LastLast
    Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Jason Garrett came on ESPN 1250 Today and had a few interesting things to say:

- Kawhi has had this injury throughout his career and has managed it well. I

- Kawhi has actually been cleared ALL SEASON, dating back to pre-season and Spurs have been more than patient and that is where their frustration stems from.

- Also mentioned the kind of "Pull" Uncle Dennis has on Kawhi and how that can be a factor in everything.

- Also pointed to a psychological problem he might have.

Listen here: http://www.espnsa.com/hl-truth-kawhi...h-run-2-28-18/

So basically what we've been saying

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So basically what we've been saying
    No no no. You're not a blind PATFO homer so everything you say is wrong.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Anyone notice kawhi cheering extra hard last game looked really forced and out of his norm. It was like to prove to his teammates that he still has love for them and wants to be here.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Anyone notice kawhi cheering extra hard last game looked really forced and out of his norm. It was like to prove to his teammates that he still has love for them and wants to be here.
    Yea it was pretty noticeable. I think someone was in his ear telling him he really needs to be on the sidelines supporting his team with all the shot that's been flying around.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yea it was pretty noticeable. I think someone was in his ear telling him he really needs to be on the sidelines supporting his team with all the shot that's been flying around.
    Yeah, what a sad turn of events. Would've never thought Kawhi's reputation would ever be damaged like this but it has.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It was really weird to see Kawhi and LA laughing on the bench.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Jason Garrett came on ESPN 1250 Today and had a few interesting things to say:

- Kawhi has had this injury throughout his career and has managed it well. I

- Kawhi has actually been cleared ALL SEASON, dating back to pre-season and Spurs have been more than patient and that is where their frustration stems from.

- Also mentioned the kind of "Pull" Uncle Dennis has on Kawhi and how that can be a factor in everything.

- Also pointed to a psychological problem he might have.

Listen here: http://www.espnsa.com/hl-truth-kawhi...h-run-2-28-18/
    Thanks for the link. Very interesting. I don't mean this flippantly but who is Dr. Garrett and how does he know? Is he a Spurs doctor? Should I know this name? Thanks.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Thanks for the link. Very interesting. I don't mean this flippantly but who is Dr. Garrett and how does he know? Is he a Spurs doctor? Should I know this name? Thanks.
    He is a doctor at a clinic in SA that they have on local sports talk radio shows on ESPN 1250 to give opinions on sports injuries. He isn’t a team doctor for the spurs.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He is a doctor at a clinic in SA that they have on local sports talk radio shows on ESPN 1250 to give opinions on sports injuries. He isn’t a team doctor for the spurs.
    Many thanks.

So, he's likely getting his info from friends on the Spurs medical staff?

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    https://www.airrosti.com/get-to-know-us/jason-garrett/

He's a chiropractor ... not a doctor.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    And purportedly, he got the clap from Mack Brown. Two clapping fools.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He has worked on many Spurs players for years -- still does. He has built great relationships in the Spurs organization -- from players, to coaches, to the doctors.

So he's more than a guy who just calls in to talk about injuries.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Many thanks.

So, he's likely getting his info from friends on the Spurs medical staff?
    i am guessing so. In the radio ads for his clinic he states that his clinic has treated Tony Parker and Becky Hammon.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He has worked on many Spurs players for years -- still does. He has built great relationships in the Spurs organization -- from players, to coaches, to the doctors.

I remember his radio ads for his clinic stating that they have treated Tony and Becky.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    i am guessing so. In the radio ads for his clinic he states that his clinic has treated Tony Parker and Becky Hammon.
    Thanks.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    you are welcome. I’m definitely ready to listen to local sports talk radio and not have Spurs injuries as the main story of the day.

My Team
    Golden State Warriors
    Post Count
    So Leonard quit on the team. That’s what Dr. Garrett is saying basically. Why would the team even welcome him back then?

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It was really weird to see Kawhi and LA laughing on the bench.
    They were probably laughing at all those midgets at Poop’s circus show.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I do agree that Kawhi seemed to be forcing it a bit, though that doesn't mean Garrett is correct. No matter what, Kawhi has seemed very self-absorbed this season. He could have been trying to ingratiate himself with his teammates rather than just look good for the media. One way or the other, Pop's words were a wake-up call to Leonard. Kawhi has been acting the way he's been comfortable with the whole year. He's not going to take to this change like a duck to water.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I do agree that Kawhi seemed to be forcing it a bit, though that doesn't mean Garrett is correct. No matter what, Kawhi has seemed very self-absorbed this season. He could have been trying to ingratiate himself with his teammates rather than just look good for the media. One way or the other, Pop's words were a wake-up call to Leonard. Kawhi has been acting the way he's been comfortable with the whole year. He's not going to take to this change like a duck to water.
    Kl is a bum.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He is chiropractor, who shares the same name as the Cowboys coach. The former you shouldn’t know his name and the latter ...yeah if you follow the Dallas Cowboys over there in Riga!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

His relationship with the Spurs organization, who he doesn’t work for, is bound to be strained after this. They would likely fire him if he did work for them after what he said. He mentions TP and Becky in his ads, but that doesn’t mean anything regarding Kawhi.
    Last edited by spurs10; 03-02-2018 at 11:14 PM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So Leonard quit on the team. That’s what Dr. Garrett is saying basically. Why would the team even welcome him back then?
    That’s exactly what he is publicly saying. You’re right, the team wouldn’t likely welcome Kawhi back if it were true.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Dude came back and his leg suffered again. He was scared and looked at second opinions. Pop told the truth about him coming back too late into the season and Leonard really wants to make the playoffs. People act like some things are just complicated. Does not mean it can't eventually workout. Glad half the people on Spurstalk aren't in the front office because the culture would absolutely suck there. Let's be honest, Kawhi was the biggest reason we won in 2014 and still relevant. I would be ecstatic if he came back healthy and signed by next year. If he is not healthy, then all his worries were legit.

Thread Information