Page 21 of 25 FirstFirst ... 11171819202122232425 LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Sounds like he decided to go to New York at this time on purpose, maybe not to get cleared like we've thought, but more just to get out of town. If he has for that reason, he's turning into one of the biggest es of all-time. I hope that I am wrong on all of this.
    I hope I'm wrong too, but I could see NYC being a key spot for his brand (meetings, etc.). Pretty F'd up situation all around that continues to leave people scratching their heads.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I hope I'm wrong too, but I could see NYC being a key spot for his brand (meetings, etc.). Pretty F'd up situation all around that continues to leave people scratching their heads.
    Hes getting traded to ny

Pronouns: Your/Dad TheGreatYacht's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    media spinning this... march came and went... nothing

This cuck took Woj's "Kawhi is aiming to return against the Wizards" report and then pretended that sources were telling The Exprss News that. Quite possibly the only "insider" in the league with no sources aside from his twitter notifications.

He should stop belittling fans and gain some confidence in real life. He looks like a weird creepy virgin when he's in the background of the practice interviews.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Kawhi is looking to get cleared by NY doctors and will aim for April 7th against Blazers...

Going back to NY is ONLY way to get cleared.. Spurs won’t or haven’t ruled him out..there’s still hope

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Kawhi is looking to get cleared by NY doctors and will aim for April 7th against Blazers...

Going back to NY is ONLY way to get cleared.. Spurs won’t or haven’t ruled him out..there’s still hope
    If that happens Spurs should not allow him to play. Throw the narrative that they are willing to risk Kawhi out the window.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This cuck took Woj's "Kawhi is aiming to return against the Wizards" report and then pretended that sources were telling The Exprss News that. Quite possibly the only "insider" in the league with no sources aside from his twitter notifications.

He should stop belittling fans and gain some confidence in real life. He looks like a weird creepy virgin when he's in the background of the practice interviews.
    Yikes, his inside source is WOJ. We should ask him to ask Woj to find out what is going on with Kawhi.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If that happens Spurs should not allow him to play. Throw the narrative that they are willing to risk Kawhi out the window.
    This IMO been his plan all year..which is why we heard him speak when Pop made the “gotta move on” point which wasn’t a coincidence...

Kawhi isn’t gonna rush back to play in 10 regular season games and risk injury to miss playoffs all together..waiting until last possible minute and let it fly...

Spurs/Pop don’t like it and they’re being held hostage..and honestly cannot do anything about it. It’s ed up but Spurs have everything to lose if they mess around...

This team ain’t without him so there’s no risk..Kawhi is only one risking anything and if he “clears” himself let him hoop. “Chemistry excuse” is total BS and Kawhi camp shut that down almost immediately..

If Kawhi is officially “Done” his camp or Spurs would announce it...does nobody any good to dangle the hope unless there is some.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This IMO been his plan all year..which is why we heard him speak when Pop made the “gotta move on” point which wasn’t a coincidence...

Kawhi isn’t gonna rush back to play in 10 regular season games and risk injury to miss playoffs all together..waiting until last possible minute and let it fly...

Spurs/Pop don’t like it and they’re being held hostage..and honestly cannot do anything about it. It’s ed up but Spurs have everything to lose if they mess around...

This team ain’t without him so there’s no risk..Kawhi is only one risking anything and if he “clears” himself let him hoop. “Chemistry excuse” is total BS and Kawhi camp shut that down almost immediately..

If Kawhi is officially “Done” his camp or Spurs would announce it...does nobody any good to dangle the hope unless there is some.
    Yep.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

post tbh

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If he supposedly had to go back to New York all along to receive medical clearance, then why didn't he or the organization mention that beforehand? Why were their rumors, on March 10th, that he planned to play on the 15th? Pop claimed to have watched him working out on the 14th and they agreed he wasn't ready. Then came the team meeting on the 17th.

On the 26th, he went back to New York and remains a week later, with no sign of coming back; as if it would take that long to receive an answer from his "group" or he'd need medical clearance from independent doctors anyway.

I think what happened here is, he decided to get the out of Dodge after the team meeting and the organization as well as his mouthpiece in the media decided to cover up for him by pretending this was planned all along.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If he supposedly had to go back to New York all along to receive medical clearance, then why didn't he or the organization mention that beforehand? Why were their rumors, on March 10th, that he planned to play on the 15th? Pop claimed to have watched him working out on the 14th and they agreed he wasn't ready. Then came the team meeting on the 17th.

On the 26th, he went back to New York and remains a week later, with no sign of coming back; as if it would take that long to receive an answer from his "group" or he'd need medical clearance from independent doctors anyway.

I think what happened here is, he decided to get the out of Dodge after the team meeting and the organization as well as his mouthpiece in the media decided to cover up for him by pretending this was planned all along.

Then why not officially announce he’s done....because once you do that you can’t go back from it..

Why does Kawhi speak to media once Pop tried to end all speculation??

How else do you get cleared from an outside doctor without a visit? It’s like missing work without a doctor note...lol

The only reason why this “speculation” continues is cause Kawhi wants to play in the playoffs...why else bust your ass off?? If you’re “done and out” there’s no need to let this go on..

PATFO and even the players don’t agree with how he’s holding them hostage..but deep down they know they need him and they’re not without him..:so what can they really do?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If you still want to believe the official sources, RC said long ago that the rehab has been frustrating because it hasn't gone in a linear fashion, implying that this is a chronic injury that has flared up and that there have been times he's felt better and with increased activities he's gone back to feeling worse.

There is no issues between the Spurs organization and Kawhi," Buford told ESPN in an interview. "From Day 1 all parties have worked together to find the best solutions to his injury."
    Buford said the situation has been "difficult for everyone."

"It's been difficult for Kawhi," ESPN quoted Buford as saying. "He's an elite-level player. It's been difficult for the team, because they want to play with a great teammate. And it's been difficult for our staff. Historically, we've been able to successfully manage injuries. This rehab hasn't been simple, and it hasn't gone in a linear fashion."
    https://www.mysanantonio.com/sports/...photo-14346081

It's quite possible he's had a setback much like the one he had in January and which prompted them all to pull him back.

It's a worrisome situation for this injury and it's effect on his career.

He's not coming back this season. It's easy to see he's not well enough and is highly unlikely to be in the time left. No one is going to tell him it's impossible if he's working really hard to play this year, but using your common sense you can form your own conclusions. Why hasn't he been ruled out for the rest of the season? Bc it's up to him and his medical team to say when he's going to be ready at this point and the Spurs are respecting that.
    Last edited by SAGirl; 04-02-2018 at 07:50 PM. Reason: Spelling, other errors

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If you still want to believe the official sources, RC said long ago that the rehab has been frustrating because it hasn't gone in a linear fashion, implying that this is a chronic injury that has flared up and that there have been times he's felt better and with increased activities he's gone back to feeling worse.

https://www.mysanantonio.com/sports/...photo-14346081

It's quite possible he's had a setback much like the one he had in January and which prompted them all to pull him back.

It's a worrisome situation for this injury and it's effect on his career.

He's not coming back this season. It's easy to see he's not well enough and is highly unlikely to be in the time left. No one is going to tell him it's impossible if he's working really hard to play this year, but using your common sense you can form your own conclusions. Why hasn't he been ruled out for the rest of the season? Bc it's up to him and his medical team to say when he's going to be ready at this point and the Spurs are respecting that.
    Pretty much this.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

So he's definitely there to get cleared? He's not there to run away from the media due to the NCAA being in town and the report of the meeting with his teammates.

If that is the case, I'm OK with it, and I definitely would welcome him back at any time. The Spurs have no chance to do much in the playoffs without him.

Another thing is, Sean Elliott mentioned a couple of weeks ago during a game that the Spurs do want him back because a lot of people and players in the organization believe they can go on a big playoff run with him back in the lineup. I think that's another reason why they never officially shut him down. And if Kawhi really is working this hard to try and come back, how can you take that away from him? You can't. I hope he comes back. He looked awesome in one of the games before he was shut down when he was making his signature defensive plays. I thought he was back, then next thing you know, they shut him down again.
    Last edited by Ice009; 04-02-2018 at 10:50 PM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So he's definitely there to get cleared? He's not there to run away from the media due to the NCAA being in town and the report of the meeting with his teammates.

If that is the case, I'm OK with it, and I definitely would welcome him back at any time. The Spurs have no chance to do much in the playoffs without him.

Another thing is, Sean Elliott mentioned a couple of weeks ago during a game that the Spurs do want him back because a lot of people and players in the organization believe they can go on a big playoff run with him back in the lineup. I think that's another reason why they never officially shut him down. And if Kawhi really is working this hard to try and come back, how can you take that away from him? You can't. I hope he comes back. He looked awesome in one of the games before he was shut down when he was making his signature defensive plays. I thought he was back, then next thing you know, they shut him down again.
    Yeah best to remain positive. Anything could happen and even a week or so of warming up would help. It's a long shot, but I like the idea that he's still trying to get cleared which I believe he is. All the static doesn't help, hopefully he's not listening and Pop is checking in with him. I have a feeling we will hear something more definitive in the coming days! Hope it's positive.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

I honestly think if he was holding out for anything he wouldn't be rehabbing like he has. Rumors run rampant, especially in today's media crazed world.

The Spurs can beat the Rockets with Kawhi, and the Warriors are vulnerable this year. I can understand the Spurs really wanting him back for this post season.

Realistic Spurs Fan Amuseddaysleeper's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think he’s rehabbing to get himself ready for his next team unfortunately

My Team
    Houston Rockets
    Post Count
    Jalen Rose and Paul Pierce both think Kawhi is a goner. We'll see.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Jeff now being sarcastic about this.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    All I can tell is that Leonard's image is going to suffer from this drama. Fans here are already ting on him and there is no doubt franchises will have second thoughts about hiring him after such a mess. I know he's probably in the top 3 players, but what's the point having him if he can do stuffs like that and not play at all ?

Maybe he's not doing that on purpose, maybe he's still really suffering, but at least explain it.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If the spurs manage get to the WFC, look for Kawhi to come back. Won’t be a good look for him if the team is that successful without him in the playoffs.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The moment Leonard gets back on the court, and stays on the court, as a Spur, all will be forgiven.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The moment Leonard gets back on the court, and stays on the court, as a Spur, all will be forgiven.
    Until his next booboo. Then he'll sit out the season again.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Jalen Rose and Paul Pierce both think Kawhi is a goner. We'll see.

Both said they’d also take the 200M+

Nobody knows...but it’s good for TV to speculate about the unthinkable..

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    All I can tell is that Leonard's image is going to suffer from this drama. Fans here are already ting on him and there is no doubt franchises will have second thoughts about hiring him after such a mess. I know he's probably in the top 3 players, but what's the point having him if he can do stuffs like that and not play at all ?

Maybe he's not doing that on purpose, maybe he's still really suffering, but at least explain it.
    Which is why it's not being done purposefully... The guy is injured

Thread Information