San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    No problem, Doc.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Kawhi and Spurs talk begins at about 3:26

That super max talk was interesting. Thanks for sharing

I stopped caring when Broussard went on about our chances beating GS. I (personally) like our chances more against the Warriors than the Rockets if I'm being completely honest.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That super max talk was interesting. Thanks for sharing

I stopped caring when Broussard went on about our chances beating GS. I (personally) like our chances more against the Warriors than the Rockets if I'm being completely honest.
    I am at work and cannot watch for the next several hours, what was said about the super max?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I am at work and cannot watch for the next several hours, what was said about the super max?
    Basically that you have to qualify for the super max by getting first team NBA, or winning MVP, but I just did a search, and it seems that talk was not entirely correct, he left some out.

A player qualifies for the DPE [Designated Player Exception], which can be used to give a player a contract extension or to sign him as a free agent, if he does one of the following:

1. He makes one of the three all-NBA teams or is named either defensive player of the year or most valuable player the previous season.

2. He has made one of the three all-NBA teams or has been named defensive player of the year in two of the prior three seasons or the league’s most valuable player in one of the three prior seasons.
    So Kawhi is eligible based on #2 I guess? They made it seem like he wouldn't be this summer

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Basically that you have to qualify for the super max by getting first team NBA, or winning MVP, but I just did a search, and it seems that talk was not entirely correct, he left some out.

So Kawhi is eligible based on #2 I guess? They made it seem like he wouldn't be this summer
    Yep, All-NBA in 2015-16 and 2016-17.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Thank you!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    A revision on this:
    If he still has to do the 2 days in between games and minutes restrictions then there just aren’t going to be enough games left. He would have to come back and be able to play whatever games there are left ( including B2B) for at least the 30 minutes.

So, I am starting to see why Pop was skeptical of him playing this season, even knowing as he must have known that Kawhi was planning a come back by the end of March.

I remain skeptical. It’s good to hear he has progressed with his injury though and perhaps he can give the team some moral support and hope with his presence.
    i think this place has finally gotten to you. you've become the resident debbie downer.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yep, All-NBA in 2015-16 and 2016-17.
    Yea. Nick Wright, was not Right.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    BSPN can the relationship be salvaged

All we got is rumors qnd not even a word from Kawhi and “can it he salvaged” stupid qnimal turds

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Kawhi at 75% (in terms of conditioning and game sharpness) is better than everyone else on the team. If his leg is healed enough to play, work him in almost immediately, limited at first, and slowly build up his minutes. There are plenty of enough games to have him and the team ready for a playoff run.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Regarding the SuperMax:

I think they were saying Kawhi is definitely qualified for the SuperMax this summer.

But if the Spurs don't offer it (or if he turns it down), then Kawhi would have to requalify next season to to eligible for it in the future -- and that might be difficult.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Regarding the SuperMax:

I think they were saying Kawhi is definitely qualified for the SuperMax this summer.

But if the Spurs don't offer it, then Kawhi would have to requalify next season to to eligible for it in the future -- and that might be difficult.
    That is correct. If Spurs don't offer it (or he doesn't sign it) he would need to make an ALL NBA team or win DPOY or MVP next year to qualify in 2019. While obviously a healthy Kawhi has a good shot at these things, he won't want to take the risk. This summer will be huge one way or another.

PRICELESS SPURS FAN polandprzem's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He already gave that leg a try and it did not worked so what's different in this situation?
    Only thing that can be positive from all the infos that was thrown is that he works with the team and that was not the case last time he was to come back.

MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    i think this place has finally gotten to you. you've become the resident debbie downer.
    My sources indicated Kawhi was coming back for the Playoffs earlier. She tried to make fun of me even though I'm gonna be right yet again.

So she's betting on him not returning.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Nah. I am Being realistic. Not sorry if that makes you cry inside.
    It's going to be really challenging to integrate him back if his injury management is as careful as it was in January. Pop had said he'd be surprised if Kiwi can manage to come back this season and looking at the schedules and how late he's rumored to be ready to play, I simply understand what Pop meant.

MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Nah. I am Being realistic. Not sorry if that makes you cry inside.
    It's going to be really challenging to integrate him back if his injury management is as careful as it was in January. Pop had said he'd be surprised if Kiwi can manage to come back this season and looking at the schedules and how late he's rumored to be ready to play, I simply understand what Pop meant.
    an alternate theory is that all the pollyannaish energy you have was wasted on KA.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    an alternate theory is that all the pollyannaish energy you have was wasted on KA.

See now you call me Pollyanna bc I thought all along he's a rotation caliber roleplayer while the hate crew here thought he should be in China... or worse. yea that's not the same.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    One thing that both Pippen and Pierce said on ESPN is that since next year is his contract year they don't blame him sitting out... because of risks to injurys or not perform the best he could....

Now that KL is playing maybe the Spurs should offer a Max now so KL will know we are committed to him and that this could be one thing off his mind.

I say offer max now

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

See now you call me Pollyanna bc I thought all along he's a rotation caliber roleplayer while the hate crew here thought he should be in China... or worse. yea that's not the same.
    i didn't question the assessment.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

not being able to walk up to the guy and talk to him

What in the is this show??

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count