Page 6 of 181 FirstFirst ... 23456789101656106 ... LastLast
    Corpus Christi Spurs Fan Phenomanul's Avatar
    My Team
    Mexico
    Post Count
    Argentina has some of the best strikers in the World, why would they even consider Boselli?
    Cause strikers like Piguain seem to miss at the most critical of opportunities (see 2014 WC Final vs. Germany, and 2015 Copa America Final vs. Chile)... that's why . Boselli has been fairly deadly on clear scoring opportunities the last 3 seasons - and he has a knack for scoring goals off of headers (a key center-forward skill which none of the selected strikers are particularly great at).

My Team
    Mexico
    Post Count
    Group A
    Russia (2)
    Saudi Arabia
    Egypt
    Uruguay (1)

Group B
    Portugal (2)
    Spain (1)
    Morrocco
    Iran

Group C
    France (1)
    Australia
    Peru (2)
    Denmark

Group D
    Argentina (1)
    Iceland
    Croatia (2)
    Nigeria

Group E
    Brazil (2)
    Switzerland (1)
    Costa Rica
    Serbia

Group F
    Germany (1)
    Mexico (2)
    Sweden
    Korea

Group G
    Belgium (1)
    Tunisia
    Panama
    England (2)

My Team
    CA River Plate
    Post Count
    Cause strikers like Piguain seem to miss at the most critical of opportunities (see 2014 WC Final vs. Germany, and 2015 Copa America Final vs. Chile)... that's why . Boselli has been fairly deadly on clear scoring opportunities the last 3 seasons - and he has a knack for scoring goals off of headers (a key center-forward skill which none of the selected strikers are particularly great at).
    OK, but if they didn't want to select Higuaín, they would have looked at forwards like Icardi, Alario, Lautaro Martinez, etc.

Why would they look for a guy that is past his prime and was never even that good to begin with? If he was never considered for the NT when he was in his prime, why would he be considered now?

My Team
    Mexico
    Post Count
    OK, but if they didn't want to select Higuaín, they would have looked at forwards like Icardi, Alario, Lautaro Martinez, etc.

Why would they look for a guy that is past his prime and was never even that good to begin with? If he was never considered for the NT when he was in his prime, why would he be considered now?
    Because "past his prime" or not (which is subjectively debatable) Boselli turned out to be a late bloomer. He's playing well now.

The critical issue I'm pointing out is that Argentina again doesn't have (and chooses not to play) any forwards that can play in the air; it really makes their attacking style very predictable (regardless of Messi's individual brilliance on the ground). That's why I loved Gabriel Batistuta; he was as complete a forward as Argentina has ever had - good with either foot (clinical even), and deadly in the aerial game. The current generation of Argentinian strikers (as selected by the last several NT coaches) is shorter and thus has created a void for the development of your squad's aerial game. If that facet of the offense were opened up I honestly believe Argentina would be that much more difficult to stop. For that matter yes, forwards like Lucas Alario or Mauro Icardí would have been equally good for trying to transition towards a more complete attack style.

My Team
    CA River Plate
    Post Count
    Because "past his prime" or not (which is subjectively debatable) Boselli turned out to be a late bloomer. He's playing well now.

The critical issue I'm pointing out is that Argentina again doesn't have (and chooses not to play) any forwards that can play in the air; it really makes their attacking style very predictable (regardless of Messi's individual brilliance on the ground). That's why I loved Gabriel Batistuta; he was as complete a forward as Argentina has ever had - good with either foot (clinical even), and deadly in the aerial game. The current generation of Argentinian strikers (as selected by the last several NT coaches) is shorter and thus has created a void for the development of your squad's aerial game. If that facet of the offense were opened up I honestly believe Argentina would be that much more difficult to stop. For that matter yes, forwards like Lucas Alario or Mauro Icardí would have been equally good for trying to transition towards a more complete attack style.
    Higuaín is 1,86 and pretty damn decent on the air. I don't know why are you acting as if he isn't.

My Team
    Mexico
    Post Count
    Higuaín is 1,86 and pretty damn decent on the air. I don't know why are you acting as if he isn't.
    He used to be decent in the air... I don't think that this is the case now. I joined the bash Higuain train on account of his constant choking in big moments. His dribbling is slow. And he misses wide open bunnies.

My Team
    Germany
    Post Count
    Messi gonna ring. I can feel it.

No!!!!!

My Team
    Wigan Athletic FC
    Post Count
    I guess Mauro Boselli is a bit on the old side, but he was never even an afterthought as a potential option up front for Argentina... he has been scoring prolifically over the past few seasons in Liga MX...

Come on son, Mauro Boselli is the biggest bust in Wigan history - if you're a bust at Wigan ain't no chance you're getting near an international lineup

Salah almost sure out of the WC after Ramos Zaza-on-Kawhi (vs Mavs) hit..

Man that sucks.

Beautiful player to watch too

My Team
    Germany
    Post Count
    @ France taking a scrub like Giroud to the WC and not a Benzema in rare form

@ France taking a scrub like Giroud to the WC and not a Benzema in rare form
    His name is Karim.

Even Guys lile Ben Yadder are having way better seasons tham Giroud.

My Team
    Colombia
    Post Count
    no way

Its russia the kidget will be lucky to take his ty team past round of 16

My Team
    Colombia
    Post Count
    Apparently Egypt FA says the injury might not be as bad as thout

Prayforsalah trending

Kori's nightmare SpurOutofTownFan's Avatar
    Post Count

every time I see that picture I'm more and more convinced that's a huge arm lock

My Team
    Germany
    Post Count
    His name is Karim.

Even Guys lile Ben Yadder are having way better seasons tham Giroud.
    Ridiculous tbh. You would think a team coming off an Euro final choke at home would appreciate the services of a player with so much experience in elimination games at the highest club level.

Post Count
    Ridiculous tbh. You would think a team coming off an Euro final choke at home would appreciate the services of a player with so much experience in elimination games at the highest club level.
    I agree. It doesn't make any sense Giroud is going instead of Benzema

My Team
    Germany
    Post Count
    sons Ramos is a true Real Madrid legend tbh

My Team
    Mexico
    Post Count
    That was completely deliberate with the intent to injure... Ramos is a punk.

My Team
    CA River Plate
    Post Count
    every time I see that picture I'm more and more convinced that's a huge arm lock
    More and more convinced? How were you not 100% convinced from the get go?

There's no need for Ramos to be holding Salah's arm all the way to the fall. There's nothing natural about that . It is as clear as dirty bush-league moves get, tbh. I'm shocked no Egypt terrorist has threatened to take Ramos' life yet.

my unders, my frgn whites pgardn's Avatar
    My Team
    --- Clubs
    Post Count
    More and more convinced? How were you not 100% convinced from the get go?

There's no need for Ramos to be holding Salah's arm all the way to the fall. There's nothing natural about that . It is as clear as dirty bush-league moves get, tbh. I'm shocked no Egypt terrorist has threatened to take Ramos' life yet.
    Ramos saying you shield with your arm, we go to ground locked and whatever happens... happens.

It was a pity for those of us who wanted to see him play. While Salah was in, he was clearly going to be dangerous.

Post Count
    Ramos saying you shield with your arm, we go to ground locked and whatever happens... happens.

It was a pity for those of us who wanted to see him play. While Salah was in, he was clearly going to be dangerous.
    Game completely changed after he left the pitch.

my unders, my frgn whites pgardn's Avatar
    My Team
    --- Clubs
    Post Count
    Game completely changed after he left the pitch.
    No doubt.

Team depth is important. No Bale to enter play.

My Team
    Germany
    Post Count
    That was completely deliberate with the intent to injure... Ramos is a punk.
    rodman, donkey, bowen, etc ... every big team needs a dirty ... ramos just does it with class tbh come on son you can't hate on this , he is just too entertaining tbh and the salt celebration

Thread Information