Page 6 of 67 FirstFirst ... 23456789101656 ... LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Every administration has resignations for various reasons. At least the article quantified it's bull early on.
    Trump says more staff will leave as he seeks 'perfection'

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/polit...eks-perfection

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Was the answer you were looking for " no one has put tariffs on canadian steel including Trump?"
    No.

The answer was:

Trump has proposed tariffs on Canadian steel. Chris' post was about how "all presidents impose steel tariffs on China". Trump's actions are not comparable.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Trump says more staff will leave as he seeks 'perfection'

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/polit...eks-perfection

I said it before. To make an omelet, you have to break some eggs. I'd be careful with those Microsoft () articles. Some of them can be misleading.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    I said it before. To make an omelet, you have to break some eggs. I'd be careful with those Microsoft () articles. Some of them can be misleading.
    Ive said it before. Im not sure he knows what he's doing.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Jared Kushner is going to Mexico to resolve this. He's got this.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    "To work in the Trump administration is to court reputational ruin, legal risk, and public humiliation. Why would top candidates sign up for that?" writes Ezra Klein.

1) Cohn’s exit is believed to reflect two realities. First, he accomplished most of what he actually wanted to accomplish in the position — namely, massive tax cuts for corporations and wealthy Americans (such as Cohn, a former top executive at Goldman Sachs). Second, he was uncomfortable with the direction Trump is going on tariffs.

2) Cohn is known to have nearly, but not actually, quit after Trump’s comments on August’s white nationalist march in Charlottesville, Virginia. The fact that he is instead quitting now has led to a lot of criticism to the effect of, “Charlottesville was acceptable, but tariffs were the last straw!” This is true, so far as it goes. But it goes too far. By that logic, the entirety of the Trump administration should quit, and as noxious as Trump’s comments were (and are), we actually need some people staffing the executive branch. Cohn’s exit is, in its way, normal: He passed his signature policy effort, he didn’t get the promotion to Federal Reserve chair, he was losing influence internally, he was burnt out, and so he is leaving.

3) What’s abnormal is that Cohn’s deputy, Jeremy Katz, left in December. Usually the deputies wait out the bosses so they can become the bosses. But the Trump administration isn’t building its bench. It’s losing its bench even faster than it’s losing its principals. Trump’s White House has also lost the deputy directors of the National Security Council and the Domestic Policy Council, as well as multiple deputy chiefs of staff. Oh, and last week, Trump’s communications director and deputy communications director resigned.

Chris

You are such a dumb . Here, have another bag to smear on yourself.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He has no clue.

Some of his dumb ideas will actually work though, simply due to the volume of dumb ideas. Chris will be right there rolling in it like a good dog the whole time, then pop up when that dumb idea works and brag about how good he smells.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If I had to take a guess, I would say he is trying to shore up his support with the working class who don't really care about the cost of steel and aluminum or how it hurts the stock market. This is Trump trying to prove he is one of them. I believe it is a purely political move.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If I had to take a guess, I would say he is trying to shore up his support with the working class who don't really care about the cost of steel and aluminum or how it hurts the stock market. This is Trump trying to prove he is one of them. I believe it is a purely political move.
    It is consistent with his previously stated beliefs.

He thinks he knows better, when it is obvious to those who do... that he does not.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Come on, man, "not sure"?

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    WH already crumbling, tariff exemptions could be made

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    But then Trash sez NO tarriff country exemptions

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Basically, Trash's deflection from Mueller and pandering to his ignorant base was, is ALL BULL

Trump plans to announce steel tariffs, but may allow exemptions for U.S allies after all

in a surprise reversal the White House opened the door to exemptions for products from Canada, Mexico and other U.S. allies.

would mark a retreat so much winning!

his intended target, China

the United States gets a relatively small amount of imported metals from China.

Instead, most U.S. steel and aluminum imports come from Canada and other allies.

http://www.latimes.com/business/la-f...s=mcnewsletter

ya think China will stop "over producing" steel for the WORLD market?

So Trash pulled attention to himself, as Mueller keeps beavering towards biting a big hole in Trash's tiny log.

Last edited by boutons_deux; 03-08-2018 at 08:37 AM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Meh. Told you guys they would walk that tariff back.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Meh. Told you guys they would walk that tariff back.
    "may allow"

We'll see. Looks to me like he has talked himself into broad sanctions. This is like watching a slow-moving trainwreck. I hope the damage done is limited, but it is a big train of stupid careening out of control...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    "may allow"

We'll see. Looks to me like he has talked himself into broad sanctions. This is like watching a slow-moving trainwreck. I hope the damage done is limited, but it is a big train of stupid careening out of control...
    Meh I've gotten to where I dont believe anything he says. He just pulls this stream of consciousness out of his ass and forgets about it the next week.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Meh I've gotten to where I dont believe anything he says. He just pulls this stream of consciousness out of his ass and forgets about it the next week.
    He has been "forgetting" because he has had senior staff helping to keep him distracted. Senior staff that have been deserting the sinking ship.

What happens when the people helping him forget his bad ideas... aren't there any more, CC?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    https://www.yahoo.com/news/yahoo-new...191933606.html

We get to find out.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    President Dennison already backed down

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The president has called for a 25 percent tariff on imported steel and a 10 percent levy on imported aluminum. Although Trump initially wanted to apply the tariffs worldwide, carve-outs were added for Canada and Mexico for the time being. Aides say exceptions could be made for other U.S. allies.

Negotiating tactic for NAFTA revamp. Both governments have reacted poorly to threats. I give a good chance these exceptions will be removed as those talks break down.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    President Dennison already backed down
    Canada + mexico = 25% of imports.

Tariffs now in place on the other 75% it seems.

Markets priced in this last week, so the news is already "built in" to averages.

Expect an uptick in inflation in a few months as the higher prices work their way through.

Expect to see manufacturing job losses in about the same time frame 6-12 months, as US consumers of steel start to contract due to higher materials costs.

Poor Trump voters. ed over worse than the poor s in Trump "University"

Thread Information