Page 7 of 67 FirstFirst ... 345678910111757 ... LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    companies already looking at speeding up delocalizing plants from US to Mexico

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    what a ing idiot

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Canada and Mexico are waging a pressure campaign to save NAFTA
    Last Wednesday, two Canadian government officials speaking on the condition of anonymity told Reuters that they were concerned about that actually happening — and soon. Shortly after the news broke, big companies whose profits are heavily tied to NAFTA staying intact saw their stocks plunge. General Motors lost more than $2 billion in value in less than 90 minutes. And Wall Street’s major stock indexes ended lower on Wednesday in part due to concerns about how NAFTA falling apart could rock the regional economy.

Experts say that those Canadian government sources might have actually been trying to provoke a reaction from investors to demonstrate to the Trump administration the perils of leaving the free trade agreement.

“I think it was a trial balloon intended to get a market reaction, which it did,” Edward Alden, a trade expert at the Council on Foreign Relations, told me. “The goal was to reinforce the argument that ... pulling out of NAFTA will be bad for the markets and for the US economy.
    https://www.vox.com/world/2018/1/16/...-canada-mexico

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    25% + markups by metals distribution channel

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    U.S. Trade Gap Widens to Post-Recession High
    https://www.bloomberg.com/news/artic...-tariff-threat

"or another" A recession would do that.

MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Another ing recession while we elect another ing repug.

MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Can we go to one person one vote count. I'm tired of all the presidents kowtowing to little ty states to win an election.

More people would actually vote if they knew their vote mattered too.

MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    How the majority of the US is progressive and we are going backwards all the ing time.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The European Union is preparing punitive tariffs on iconic U.S. brands produced in key Republican cons uencies, raising political pressure on President Donald Trump to ditch his plan for taxing steel imports.

Targeting 2.8 billion euros ($3.5 billion) of American goods, the EU aims to apply a 25 percent -for-tat levy on a range of consumer, agricultural and steel products imported from the U.S. if Trump follows through on his tariff threat, according to a list drawn up by the European Commission and obtained by Bloomberg News. The list of targeted U.S. goods -- including motorcycles, jeans and bourbon whiskey -- sends a political message to Washington about the potential domestic economic costs of making good on the president’s threat.
    Paul Ryan, Republican speaker of the House of Representatives, comes from the same state -- Wisconsin -- where motorbike maker Harley-Davidson Inc. is based. Earlier this week, Ryan said he was “extremely worried about the consequences of a trade war” and urged Trump to drop his tariff proposal.

Other U.S. politicians will also feel the pressure. Bourbon whiskey hails from Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell’s home state of Kentucky. San Francisco-based jeans maker Levi Strauss is headquartered in House Minority Leader Nancy Pelosi’s district.
    The tariffs included in draft list discussed on Monday can be imposed without waiting for WTO dispute-settlement procedures, according to the European Commission’s briefing to EU government envoys. They are retaliatory measures worth 50 percent of the EU’s exports of steel which will be hurt by Trump’s plan, and hence can be imposed immediately, according to the commission.
    https://www.bloomberg.com/news/artic...taliation-plan

Trumps response to this will be tariffs on EU cars... and on it will go. The EU's economy collectively is larger than the US'.

Hang on to your jobs gentlemen.

MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What is this dumb doing.

MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Deregulate, cut taxes, spend more than we make and then add tariffs to send us in a ing recession again, oh and up the stock market.

MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Only thing missing is a couple of wars and then we got a real cluster .

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    https://www.bloomberg.com/news/artic...taliation-plan

Trumps response to this will be tariffs on EU cars.

Hang on to your jobs gentlemen.
    The EU is crumbling. Italy is about pull out. German protesters on the streets every day against Merkel. Trump effect is worldwide. Nationalism is back. Globalism is f'd and un able.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The EU is crumbling. Italy is about pull out. German protesters on the streets every day against Merkel. Trump effect is worldwide. Nationalism is back. Globalism is f'd and un able.
    le pen

MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    And cut benefits to the poor. I missed that one.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Italy's pulling out would probably help the EU at this point. Still has almost the same GDP as Russia.

Merkel just won again.

What is globalism, Chris?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    [farting noise]

um, sure. You go with that.

MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You got to be some ing idiot to vote republican or not vote at all in these coming elections. At any level.

MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Italy's pulling out would probably help the EU at this point. Still has almost the same GDP as Russia.

Merkel just won again.

What is globalism, Chris?
    I asked him who the Globalists are like 2 months ago, he deflected.

MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Indiscriminate shouting by repugs.

MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm done. I'm outta here.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    In all due seriousness, a kernel of truth there about a general sense of angst. Italy will stay, Merkel will continue in power. These trends have their own built-in backlash, as we will find out in November.

The dumb s of "Trumpism" won't kill globalism. It will simply cede leadership to China, who will start setting the rules, and those rules will not favor the US.

Trump has turned the world against us, and that will have consequences.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    companies already looking at speeding up delocalizing plants from US to Mexico
    Electrolux Halts Tennessee Expansion Amid Trump Metal Tariffs

Electrolux has put on hold a planned $250 million-plus investment in its Springfield, Tenn., kitchen appliance plant after President Trump announced his intention to impose sharp tariffs on imported steel and aluminum.

The Swedish majap maker told Reuters it has postponed any capital improvements at the manufacturing facility pending further details from Washington.

Electrolux said the duties could affect it indirectly by raising the price of U.S.-made steel, which it uses exclusively in its domestically-made products.

The investment was designed to modernize the Tennessee factory and expand it by 400,000 square feet to accommodate increased manufacturing capacity and a new line of freestanding cooking products.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------

https://www.twice.com/product/electr...-metal-tariffs

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Electrolux Halts Tennessee Expansion Amid Trump Metal Tariffs

Electrolux has put on hold a planned $250 million-plus investment in its Springfield, Tenn., kitchen appliance plant after President Trump announced his intention to impose sharp tariffs on imported steel and aluminum.

The Swedish majap maker told Reuters it has postponed any capital improvements at the manufacturing facility pending further details from Washington.

Electrolux said the duties could affect it indirectly by raising the price of U.S.-made steel, which it uses exclusively in its domestically-made products.

The investment was designed to modernize the Tennessee factory and expand it by 400,000 square feet to accommodate increased manufacturing capacity and a new line of freestanding cooking products.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------

https://www.twice.com/product/electr...-metal-tariffs
    However, the company told the local Greenville News that it will continue a separate $250 million-plus modernization and expansion program at its refrigerator/freezer facility in Anderson, S.C., which it began last year.

Electrolux is adding 800,000 square feet to the plant, which will produce a new line of Frigidaire products, and is consolidating freezer production there from its factory in St. Cloud, Minn., which is scheduled to close next year.

Thread Information