Page 2 of 39 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Would be funny if a WWE hall of famer brings peace to the Korean peninsula, tbh

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Would be funny if a WWE hall of famer brings peace to the Korean peninsula, tbh

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Trump accepts offer to meet Kim Jong Un

President Donald Trump has agreed to meet with North Korean leader Kim Jong Un by May, the White House and the South Korean national security adviser said Thursday evening.

"President Trump greatly appreciates the nice words of the South Korean delegation and President Moon.

He will accept the invitation to meet with Kim Jong Un at a place and time to be determined.

We look forward to the denuclearization of North Korea.

In the meantime, all sanctions and maximum pressure must remain,"

White House press secretary Sarah Sanders announced in a statement.

The stunning announcement came after Kim extended an invitation to Trump to meet through South Korean officials, who met with Trump on Thursday.

Trump would be the first sitting US president to meet with his North Korean counterpart, a stunning diplomatic breakthrough with uncertain consequences.

https://www.cnn.com/2018/03/08/polit...-un/index.html

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Miller still savage

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I support Trump's decision to take this meeting.

People are saying that the U.S. and Trump might get played by North Korea which would make us look foolish. They must not have been paying attention the last 14 months. We've got nothing left to lose as it pertains to our dignity.
    Last edited by DMX7; 03-08-2018 at 10:34 PM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    smh

"Kim is not inviting Trump so he can surrender North Korea's weapons. Kim is inviting Trump to demonstrate that his investment in nuclear and missle capabilities has forced the United States to treat him as an equal." -Jeffrey Lewis

NK has asked for these meetings for decades. Every US president has been too smart to fall for it. Until now. Incredible.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    smh

"Kim is not inviting Trump so he can surrender North Korea's weapons. Kim is inviting Trump to demonstrate that his investment in nuclear and missle capabilities has forced the United States to treat him as an equal." -Jeffrey Lewis

NK has asked for these meetings for decades. Every US president has been too smart to fall for it. Until now. Incredible.
    And thats worked so well, too. We are so glad NK doesn't have nukes now.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I wish bringing Seth Rogen and James Franco were part of the deal

Still Hates Small Ball Spurminator's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Negotiating with terrists good now.

I mean I'm fine with it, I just love seeing decades of Republican outrage talking points just disappearing in a span of months.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm all on the Trump trash talking, I truly believe this dude is dangerous for humanity and a true and complete imbecile BUT I think this move is a good one for once. Except if Trump is really really really naive he does not except significant changes, NK is obviously trying to gain time and lower pressure on sanction but at the same time, at least he is trying and this meeting will give a rest on months of tensions and maybe something productive will happen

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Negotiating with terrists good now.

I mean I'm fine with it, I just love seeing decades of Republican outrage talking points just disappearing in a span of months.
    Just another flip-flop Trump made them do so they can be loyal to him.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    And thats worked so well, too. We are so glad NK doesn't have nukes now.
    Fair point, sort of.

It's a bit like saying "putting out the fire with water hasn't worked, let's try this mystery substance"

NK got something they have always wanted, i.e. equal footing with the US, and gave up ... nothing. This is, essentially a reward for having nukes. Do you raise kids by giving in to temper tantrums?

At this point, I am ready to shrug and say "sure, go for it" too.

The problem is Trump is a total neophyte when it comes to this game, and thinks he knows better than the pros.

He doesn't understand the pieces, the rules, or how to win the game.

He ignores the professionals, and the grownups holding his stupidity in check are quitting.

The odds that this will not go well, are high, just like the trade war he is courting, only this is a real war, the kind his spoiled en led ass lied to get out of.

Dunno. Worth a shot, but I am not holding my breath.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    On NPR

Clinton did a NK deal, NK cheates

Dubya did a deal, didnt stick

Trash deal will probably fail. He should stick to s, at least he gets to 'em

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm all on the Trump trash talking, I truly believe this dude is dangerous for humanity and a true and complete imbecile BUT I think this move is a good one for once. Except if Trump is really really really naive he does not except significant changes, NK is obviously trying to gain time and lower pressure on sanction but at the same time, at least he is trying and this meeting will give a rest on months of tensions and maybe something productive will happen
    It could work. The most effective diplomacy in NK so far has been Dennis Rodman, and Trump is not a far cry from that.

my unders, my frgn whites pgardn's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    kim ain't gonna give up .

Its perfect timing.
    They are very close to having capability.
    Just a little more time. Perhaps NK thinks Trump is Wacked enough to try, because it's going to take military action to pry nukes from them now. And it would take China and Russia helping unless one wants a whole lotta dead people and refugees streaming into China.

NK will be a nuclear power. Trump will come out looking like he made a deal, but NK will cheat again. There will be zero confidence in them curtailing anything. Trump plays it up as a great victory. They continue.

End of story.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Its perfect timing.
    Just a little more time. Perhaps NK thinks Trump is Wacked enough to try, because it's going to take military action to pry nukes from them now. And it would take China and Russia helping unless one wants a whole lotta dead people and refugees streaming into China.

NK will be a nuclear power. Trump will come out looking like he made a deal, but NK will cheat again. There will be zero confidence in them curtailing anything. Trump plays it up as a great victory. They continue.

End of story.
    one could argue, NK is already a nuclear power tbh

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    No surprise Madcow wants war just like her girl Hillary.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count

I missed the quote where she says she wants war.

Do you have the quote where she says she wants war, Chris?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Its perfect timing.

End of story.
    They have nukes now. What they dont' have yet is a delivery system able to hit mainland US.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Why has no US leader before now met with the North Koreans, Chris. There is a very specific reason.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Why has no US leader before now met with the North Koreans, Chris. There is a very specific reason.
    Why does Rachel Maddow have a Moloch owl for her profile pic?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Why does Rachel Maddow have a Moloch owl for her profile pic?
    Chrispiracy

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Thread Information