Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Heather Nauert, former Fox News idiot and current State Department spokes-idiot, who has gotten a BIG PROMOTION in the wake of #Rexit. On Tuesday, Steve Goldstein, the undersecretary for public diplomacy and public affairs, was also fired, after he called the White House a liar and said actually Tillerson learned Trump had fired him by reading Trump’s Twitter, because Trump is a ing pig.

AND GUESS WHO GETS THAT JOB NOW, at least in an acting capacity, which means she appears to have 210 days to up, or however long it takes to get a new person confirmed once they’re nominated?

hat’s right, it is State Department Spokes-Idiot Heather Nauert! She used to work at Fox News, because that is obviously a qualification for undersecretary for public diplomacy and public affairs, while also continuing your job as State Department Spokes-Idiot!

Read more at https://wonkette.com/631176/fox-news...CXW0wss8PAz.99

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    perfect choice.

all trump wants are talking heads.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Senate Republicans are responsible for the most unethical and incompetent administration ever

Sen. Tim Scott (R-S.C.), in a letter to the editor published in the Wall Street Journal, blasted the paper’s editorial board for dismissing concerns about Thomas Farr, a judicial nominee with a track record of support for voter suppression schemes

Scott makes a key point that should go well beyond Farr or judicial nominees: “We should stop bringing candidates with questionable track records on race before the full Senate for a vote.”

Consider the people brought to the floor and confirmed:

judges
    rated “not qualified” by the American Bar Association;

an oil executive, Rex Tillerson, with no government experience, as secretary of state;

a lawyer, Alex Acosta, whose supervision of the Justice Department’s
    Civil Rights Division was roundly criticized and who participated in the atrociously lenient plea deal for serial child sex offender Jeffrey Epstein;

Ben Carson, a man utterly lacking in government experience or housing expertise, as secretary of housing and urban development;

former congressman
    Tom Price for Health and Human Services despite his record of trading “shares worth more than $300,000 in about 40 health-related companies” while he was sitting on the House Ways and Means Committee and “working on measures that could affect his investments”;

Steven Mnuchin, who had no government experience and had failed to disclose
    $100 million in assets, as treasury secretary;

Wilbur Ross, who also lacked government experience and had been “forced to pay fines to the government several times, including as recently as August of 2016 to the SEC for failing to disclose fees his firm was charging … [and had] sat on the board of a company that agreed to pay over $2 billion in a settlement over its handling of subprime loans,” as commerce secretary;

Scott Pruitt, who had repeatedly sued the Environmental Protection Agency and
    collaborated secretly with private industry to defeat federal regulations, as EPA administrator;

and a hodgepodge of unqualified cronies for ambassadorships (a sin other administrations are guilty of as well).

when Trump nominates Heather Nauert for ambassador to the United Nations — a woman who was until a year ago a Fox News personality and as a State Department spokesperson with zero experience in diplomacy —

we can expect that, once more, the Republican-controlled Senate will issue its stamp of approval.

We shouldn’t be surprised that

the least qualified president in history --

with a long record of bankruptcies,

refusal to pay his bills and

schemes such as Trump University --

should select unqualified and ethically challenged advisers and/or retain those whose ethical misdeeds and incompetence become apparent once in office.

the current Republican Party that rejects that role and decides its job description is to enable Trump’s worst instincts.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions/2018/12/09/senate-republicans-are-responsible-most-unethical-incompetent-administration-ever/?noredirect=on&utm_term=.8ec5e3a83fe6

Last edited by boutons_deux; 12-09-2018 at 04:36 PM.

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    OP triggered by a woman getting a promotion.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This matters

Still Hates Small Ball Spurminator's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The promotion of multiple people to Cabinet positions from a high-ratings media network friendly to the President doesn't matter?

Surely it at least falls somewhere around "the way CNN used a comma in a headline" on a mattering scale, no?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The promotion of multiple people to Cabinet positions from a high-ratings media network friendly to the President doesn't matter?

Surely it at least falls somewhere around "the way CNN used a comma in a headline" on a mattering scale, no?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

You seem to think so.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Last edited by DMC; 12-09-2018 at 06:01 PM. Reason: duplicate post

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Which ones were cabinet members, Darrin?

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Blame liberals for blurring the lines. ABC took George Stephanopoulos right from WH Chief of Staff to network anchor. Or did that not bother you?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I actually don't have a huge problem with this hire. She's going to essentially be a Trump spokesman here (and not be as independent as Haley) but perhaps that's what the job requires.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Which ones were cabinet members, Darrin?
    Actually, UN Secretary might not be a cabinet level position anymore. Getting a downgrade, I've heard.

Multilateralism isn't Trump's thing.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Blame liberals for blurring the lines. ABC took George Stephanopoulos right from WH Chief of Staff to network anchor. Or did that not bother you?
    Roger Ailes became president of Fox News before that, derp.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I considered that as well but I think Spurminator is more concerned about moving in the opposite direction based on qualifications and the buddy network (which is alive and well).

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Heather Nauert, former Fox News idiot and current State Department spokes-idiot, who has gotten a BIG PROMOTION in the wake of #Rexit. On Tuesday, Steve Goldstein, the undersecretary for public diplomacy and public affairs, was also fired, after he called the White House a liar and said actually Tillerson learned Trump had fired him by reading Trump’s Twitter, because Trump is a ing pig.

AND GUESS WHO GETS THAT JOB NOW, at least in an acting capacity, which means she appears to have 210 days to up, or however long it takes to get a new person confirmed once they’re nominated?

hat’s right, it is State Department Spokes-Idiot Heather Nauert! She used to work at Fox News, because that is obviously a qualification for undersecretary for public diplomacy and public affairs, while also continuing your job as State Department Spokes-Idiot!

Read more at https://wonkette.com/631176/fox-news...CXW0wss8PAz.99
    I didn't realize RG was such a misogynist. Shame.

My Team
    Boston Celtics
    Post Count
    I don’t see the misogyny on that, just seems like more incoherent shrieking from him.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don’t see the misogyny on that, just seems like more incoherent shrieking from him.
    Can't possibly do the job because she is an attractive woman who worked in TV news?

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Roger Ailes became president of Fox News before that, derp.
    A political consultant / executive vs. white house chief of staff / news anchor

Apples to apples for sociopath chump.
    Last edited by Spurtacular; 12-10-2018 at 10:24 AM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I didn't realize you were such a social justice warrior.

You policing sexism is pretty rich.

My Team
    Boston Celtics
    Post Count
    Can't possibly do the job because she is an attractive woman who worked in TV news?
    His post didn’t say anything about her being an attractive woman as far as I can tell but like I said it was incoherent so maybe I’m misreading something.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    His post didn’t say anything about her being an attractive woman as far as I can tell but like I said it was incoherent so maybe I’m misreading something.
    Quote from Wonkette. Probably should have made the clearer.

Found it simply another instance of loyalty being more important than competence, as well as the fact that few people qualified for posts in the current administration take them, other than out of greed.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    A political consultant / executive vs. white house chief of staff / news anchor

Apples to apples for sociopath chump.
    Yep, there is a huge difference. One ran an entire network while harassing multiple women for decades.

But you're OK with that.

lol derp

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Quote from Wonkette. Probably should have made the clearer.

Found it simply another instance of loyalty being more important than competence, as well as the fact that few people qualified for posts in the current administration take them, other than out of greed.
    Did wonkette le your thread calling her an idiot too?

Thread Information