Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Biggest elephant on the room is Lauvergne. He has been good but there's just no room for him on this Spurs team with the smallball movement. Pau played only 18 minutes today. He already has to come to terms with not finishing games, if he also starts playing less than 20 minutes per game we could see his interest and, as a result, his production plummet. So far, he has been the best player on the team in terms of +/-, it makes no sense to play him so little. It also doesn't make sense to play a 16 mils per year guy just 18 mins per game.

Then we have the Murray/Forbes/Paul situation. There's room only for two of them on the rotation (and that's without Tony and Kawhi). I have been a big Murray supporter but if he doesn't start producing, I would say to give the time to Forbes and Paul. Forbes, specially, seems to be on the verge of deserving an even bigger role (PATFO should have let Mills go, smh).

And then there's Bertans. I don't know how, but Pop needs to find him playing time.
    Last edited by DAF86; 11-20-2017 at 11:38 PM.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Make sure to tell Pop. I'm sure he'd like hearing your point of view.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The problem is if/when he tightens them it won't be the players it should be playing. Anyone who expects Pop to play Forbes/Bertans over Lauvergne/Mills is fooling themselves.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I would kill for having the Spurs' stats I saw in Pistons-Wolves game on Sunday.

They showed three lineups ratings. Starting lineup...Small lineup...And Spread lineup

I thought that small and spread were the same because the presence of shooters in both units but I was wrong.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Biggest elephant on the room is Lauvergne. He has been good but there's just no room for him on this Spurs team with the smallball movement. Pau played only 18 minutes today. He already has to come to terms with not finishing games, if he also starts playing less than 20 minutes per game we could see his interest and, as a result, his production plummet. So far, he has been the best player on the team in terms of +/-, it makes no sense to play him so little. It also doesn't make sense to play a 16 mils per year guy just 18 mins per game.

Then we have the Murray/Forbes/Paul situation. There's room only for two of them on the rotation (and that's without Tony and Kawhi). I have been a big Murray supporter but if he doesn't start producing, I would say to give the time to Forbes and Paul. Forbes, specially, seems to be on the verge of deserving an even bigger role (PATFO should have let Mills go, smh).

And then there's Bertans. I don't know how, but Pop needs to find him playing time.
    Youre not smart if you use +-

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    no. This time of the season you figure out which players did well with each other and versus what matchups. Tightening rotations are for the playoffs, not November.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It seems a bit premature to be tightening rotations in November, tbh.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    no. This time of the season you figure out which players did well with each other and versus what matchups. Tightening rotations are for the playoffs, not November.
    It seems a bit premature to be tightening rotations in November, tbh.
    You can't be playing 12 men everygame either, tbh.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You can't be playing 12 men everygame either, tbh.
    Against the most ty-ass team in the league you can.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Against the most ty-ass team in the league you can.
    Folks like Gasol and Gay need to play more than 18 minutes to keep their egos healthy, tbh.

Every game is game 1 Seventyniner's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I would kill for having the Spurs' stats I saw in Pistons-Wolves game on Sunday.

They showed three lineups ratings. Starting lineup...Small lineup...And Spread lineup

I thought that small and spread were the same because the presence of shooters in both units but I was wrong.
    What's the difference?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Biggest elephant on the room is Lauvergne. He has been good but there's just no room for him on this Spurs team with the smallball movement. Pau played only 18 minutes today. He already has to come to terms with not finishing games, if he also starts playing less than 20 minutes per game we could see his interest and, as a result, his production plummet. So far, he has been the best player on the team in terms of +/-, it makes no sense to play him so little. It also doesn't make sense to play a 16 mils per year guy just 18 mins per game.Then we have the Murray/Forbes/Paul situation. There's room only for two of them on the rotation (and that's without Tony and Kawhi). I have been a big Murray supporter but if he doesn't start producing, I would say to give the time to Forbes and Paul. Forbes, specially, seems to be on the verge of deserving an even bigger role (PATFO should have let Mills go, smh).And then there's Bertans. I don't know how, but Pop needs to find him playing time.

Realistic Spurs Fan Amuseddaysleeper's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Folks like Gasol and Gay need to play more than 18 minutes to keep their egos healthy, tbh.
    Gasol was a waste of money and Gay has really come back down to earth lately. I agree Forbes and Bertrand should play more.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What's the difference?
    If I got it...The difference is floor spacing and personnel.

For example, in the small-ball lineups most times they use SFs at 4 like KD or Giannis relying on individual mismatches, in the spread lineups they can play PFs at 4 if they can play inside and outside having a 3-point shoot.

They also talked about the different shots they get and the numbers of possessions. Small-ball lineups seemed more faster than the other two.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

hope and change
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    after the 2 starting lineups, No other lineup has more than 22 minutes together this year

edit: maybe not, NBA.com might be a few games behind with these stats

MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It's still a long season. You want these guys worn out by the all Star game?

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Youre not smart if you use +-
    Name me one great player who had a negative +/-

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I could see it to some degree if we had a real chance at the one seed though.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    In November? No. Too many guys need work, too many combinations need trying out.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Gasol and Gay need to have minutes managed because of age and injuries. 20 minutes is more than enough to mantain you trained and involve you in the system. imho Its also a good way to let them concentrate more on their production with different line ups and against different opponents...

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yes, good idea!

Let's tighten up the rotation so the players can arrive fresh for the PO...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    November isn't even over and the OP is ready to cut a player that just came back from injury.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    tighten the overall rotations is not what I have in mind ... but focus on different players in different games ... give Bertans a longer look in one game and Lauvergne in another ... Pop is mixing it up a little too much which was especially the case when he played Manu in a second half after not using him in the first half --> this only means Pop cares a lot about the record

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Mills needs to go... Why is Dj the scapegoat? He hasn't been playing poorly... He just isn't looking to score like he was at the beginning of the season... And u already know my reasoning behind that... Mills has been complete trash... Hasn't been passing well, nor shooting well... And his defense has been putrid! He should be cut and forbes should be given his role, even though forbes doesn't play good defense either... It isn't as bad as mills'... We KNOW we won't win with Patty... But if DJ develops, he WILL be a game changer with his defense and penetration...

Thread Information