Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    My Team
    CA River Plate
    Post Count
    Spain has been looking impressive since the start of the qualifiers, tbh..I think they should be co-favorite with Germany.

To be fair Germany played with their B team..
    He knew that when he made that comment so...

Brazil didn't have some of his starters either, including its best player.

My Team
    CA River Plate
    Post Count
    Sampaoli is going to get embarrassed for trying to avoid getting embarrassed

My Team
    CA River Plate
    Post Count
    How the can you go to Spain to "try" new ?

How the did this Sampaoli hack get the HC job?

Argentina has been legitimately worse under him than Bauza ..

Sampaoli is going to get embarrassed for trying to avoid getting embarrassed
    dont kid yourself bro, Messi and Aguero arent fixing this .

The problem with Argentina is a complete disconnect between its lines. It was even slight evident against Italy.

They have the players to fix this problem but its been two years now. I very much doubt theyd improve to fix that issue.

65 tons of American pride Canyonero's Avatar
    My Team
    CA River Plate
    Post Count
    Can we sack the coach 2 months before the Cup tbh?

How the did this Sampaoli hack get the HC job?

Argentina has been legitimately worse under him than Bauza ..
    Good club record. At this point its evident that the Argentinian lockeroom is a hard lockeroom to manage.

They need an Alpha coach to slap these players around.

Can we sack the coach 2 months before the Cup tbh?
    lol..

That's just going to worsen the problem. There's no real fix.

My Team
    CA River Plate
    Post Count
    lol..

That's just going to worsen the problem. There's no real fix.

My Team
    CA River Plate
    Post Count
    dont kid yourself bro, Messi and Aguero arent fixing this .

The problem with Argentina is a complete disconnect between its lines. It was even slight evident against Italy.

They have the players to fix this problem but its been two years now. I very much doubt theyd improve to fix that issue.
    Messi, Agüero, Di María, F.Mori, Mercado, Lanzini, E.Perez.

Having just Agüero instead of Higuaín (who is officially brain burned with the NT) to score that easy tap in at the beggining of the game to make it 1-0 might have changed the whole thing. Also, in a WC knock out game Argentina won't play as open as they did tonight. Or at least I hope so, with Sampalobby you never know.

Good club record. At this point its evident that the Argentinian lockeroom is a hard lockeroom to manage.

They need an Alpha coach to slap these players around.
    I agree, but this isn't NBA basketball. You don't get blown out like that if you miss a star player or two. Soccer is still predicated mostly on organization and tactics. And that is where you know there is a coaching problem..

If not bring Sabella back, they should have tried their best to pry away Simeone from Atletico ..His style and personality translates better at the NT level..

This isn't about this game, but it is a reflection on the Sampaoli tenure. Argentina has looked like dog for real with him at the helm..

My Team
    CA River Plate
    Post Count
    This isn't about this game, but it is a reflection on the Sampaoli tenure. Argentina has looked like dog for real with him at the helm..
    Nah son. You are thinking of Bauza. This is the first true awful Match of the Sampaoli era. Against Nigeria (the only other game they have lost) Argentina played a great first half and an awful second one. Argentina is going to be fine, they will get at least to the quarters and once there anything can hapen since it will probably be a typical WC knockout stage game between two powerhouses in which details will make the difference.

My Team
    CA River Plate
    Post Count
    Nah son. You are thinking of Bauza. This is the first true awful Match of the Sampaoli era. Against Nigeria (the only other game they have lost) Argentina played a great first half and an awful second one. Argentina is going to be fine, they will get at least to the quarters and once there anything can hapen since it will probably be a typical WC knockout stage game between two powerhouses in which details will make the difference.
    We're fine, we just need to waive Mascherano, Biglia, Banega, Rojo, Di Maria, Higuain, etc.

My Team
    CA River Plate
    Post Count
    And once again, Messi does make a huge difference for Argentina. No team on the World ventures to the other half of the field with the same numbers as they usually do when Messi is on the pitch. That's a huge advantage for Argentina when defending.

he was fired recently by incompetent Sheiks, but I was watching him closely.

Made a Saudi Club the big boys of the country again and fans love him and hated that he was fired.

Def would have been a good choice.

Realistic Spurs Fan Amuseddaysleeper's Avatar
    My Team
    FC Barcelona
    Post Count
    I just worry Sampaoli doesn’t start the best possible 11 come WC time. Argentina looked good against Italy, but Italy aren’t evenobviously aren’t even half as good as Spain

My Team
    Real Madrid CF
    Post Count
    And once again, Messi does make a huge difference for Argentina. No team on the World ventures to the other half of the field with the same numbers as they usually do when Messi is on the pitch. That's a huge advantage for Argentina when defending.
    What the

Messi wouldn't have made a difference today ,vour defense is comical

Otamendi

My Team
    Portugal
    Post Count
    I agree, but this isn't NBA basketball. You don't get blown out like that if you miss a star player or two. Soccer is still predicated mostly on organization and tactics. And that is where you know there is a coaching problem..

If not bring Sabella back, they should have tried their best to pry away Simeone from Atletico ..His style and personality translates better at the NT level..
    They could've had Simeone if they wanted. Problem is he's no yes man tbh.

My Team
    Germany
    Post Count
    smh team played poorly, unluckily lost to an impotent brasil, keeper couldn't punch the ing ball. Can played a horrible ball and that gomez signed his resignation with this game, werner is miles ahead. Even without that we were the better team on the pitch, so I kinda understand what low tried this game (testing pivot, giving 3rd keeper a try, can/kimmich right side so ok, mental for ude, etc).

Take aways:
    1. good tactics from low, players let him down on this one. can, trapp, gomez where key dead hands, all failed their tests. So I guess low knew what to test, so I can't be mad, great coaching tbh in finding out what doesn't work right now.
    2. not worried about the team, we'll also again go under the radar during knockout phase so less press besides internal.
    3. trapp shouldn't play at this world cup, not there mentally, just unsure of himself, low tested him and he failed, way to many mistakes.
    4. that ruddiger likes to risk too much, low gonna remember this.
    5. brasil are overrated and are not even making the semis, besides luck-based counters their pressing game is weak and we could control the game with the B-team. I don't care what you s say, it's obvious that Brasil can't control midfield and you aren't a real contender if you can't do that, they're just getting by on talent, once hits the fan they're done. Their construction game is primitive, this tells me all I need to know in terms of contending. They tried hard this game so I'll give them that, but I can honestly see mexico/sweden giving them real trouble, both are organized space covering teams.

also missi ducking spain plays all the getafe/palmas but can't even lace 'em for his country, what a ing joke smh..

@daf Canyonero @elabuelo you good sons?

My Team
    Germany
    Post Count
    trolling aside, messi isn't going to make much difference if you play like that vs spain.

My Team
    CA River Plate
    Post Count
    trolling aside, messi isn't going to make much difference if you play like that vs spain.
    Argentina won't risk bulding play from the last line so reckessly on a knockout stage game. They won't play so open either.

My Team
    Argentina
    Post Count
    lmao @ back to Rojo, Masche, Banega, Biglia, Higuain...

Might aswell kept Bauza...

Higuain missing wide open chances against good teams again, smdh...

My Team
    Argentina
    Post Count
    Honestly, just read about it, forgot there was a game

My Team
    Argentina
    Post Count
    Not surprised at all though

Thread Information