Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Biglia..

I was watching the game and theres players from haiti thats better than Biglia.

Argentina

Realistic Spurs Fan Amuseddaysleeper's Avatar
    My Team
    FC Barcelona
    Post Count
    Biglia..

I was watching the game and theres players from haiti thats better than Biglia.

Argentina
    Sampaoli needs to find a proper starting XI, otherwise it's back to Messi and ten pieces of wood

My Team
    Germany
    Post Count
    Argentina won't risk bulding play from the last line so reckessly on a knockout stage game. They won't play so open either.
    I know son, but that's the problem, playing defensively like that won't win you trophies because you'll meet teams unwilling to play open and then it's a show.
    Also it's impossible for me to understand how argentina can't build a proper team with all that ing talent, you played better with ALL other generations. So that's why I think missi is being comfortable in his NT role instead of doing the right thing and changing culture, building a team, etc. A true leader would've found a way. ing portugal won a ring with team-ball so it can be done.

My Team
    Portugal
    Post Count
    I know son, but that's the problem, playing defensively like that won't win you trophies because you'll meet teams unwilling to play open and then it's a show.
    Also it's impossible for me to understand how argentina can't build a proper team with all that ing talent, you played better with ALL other generations. So that's why I think missi is being comfortable in his NT role instead of doing the right thing and changing culture, building a team, etc. A true leader would've found a way. ing portugal won a ring with team-ball so it can be done.
    That's it and that's all tbh son

My Team
    CA River Plate
    Post Count
    Son, no reason to be talking out of your ass. Before this generation, 24 years passed before Argentina could make it past the quarters of a WC.

My Team
    Germany
    Post Count
    Son, no reason to be talking out of your ass. Before this generation, 24 years passed before Argentina could make it past the quarters of a WC.
    son I judge football not just results. In '14 you got VERY lucky and barely squeeked past old netherlands while facing nigeria/iran and baby belgium and winning 1-0s. Sorry, but your 06 team was better than any missi team, I really enjoyed seeing you play back then. As you see, I'm not talking out of my ass.

EDIT:
    let's see a bit of history here:
    '94 was a fiasco as the team core was old and maradona was beyond done.
    '98 you had a very good team, even beat that STACKED croatian squad, and lost a tough game a historic netherlands (a team that would DOMINATE today). Clearly better football than messi era.
    '02 apparent choke but look at those england and sweden sides ..
    '06 you played very nice cursive football, just lost to us per par.
    '10 per par + maradona coach lol
    '14 lucky finals run.

So tbh I really don't see your point. The cruel reality is argentina has squandered messi's NT career.
    Last edited by dfens; 03-28-2018 at 02:52 PM.

My Team
    CA River Plate
    Post Count
    I love the objectivity of your post.

My Team
    Argentina
    Post Count
    Biglia and Masche have been playing together for like 10 years, tbh... it's not lack of work or that they don't know each other, they just suck...

Now it's too late to change anything... we just wasted Messi's prime with these scrubs, and when we still had time to do something about it, we didn't, tbh...

Biglia and Masche have been playing together for like 10 years, tbh... it's not lack of work or that they don't know each other, they just suck...

Now it's too late to change anything... we just wasted Messi's prime with these scrubs, and when we still had time to do something about it, we didn't, tbh...
    Masche is old. Biglia sucks though

My Team
    FC Barcelona
    Post Count
    son I judge football not just results. In '14 you got VERY lucky and barely squeeked past old netherlands while facing nigeria/iran and baby belgium and winning 1-0s. Sorry, but your 06 team was better than any missi team, I really enjoyed seeing you play back then. As you see, I'm not talking out of my ass.

EDIT:
    let's see a bit of history here:
    '94 was a fiasco as the team core was old and maradona was beyond done.
    '98 you had a very good team, even beat that STACKED croatian squad, and lost a tough game a historic netherlands (a team that would DOMINATE today). Clearly better football than messi era.
    '02 apparent choke but look at those england and sweden sides ..
    '06 you played very nice cursive football, just lost to us per par.
    '10 per par + maradona coach lol
    '14 lucky finals run.

So tbh I really don't see your point. The cruel reality is argentina has squandered messi's NT career.
    Finally you admit it! Argentina has failed Messi far far far more than Messi has failed Argentina.

It's a miracle he even took them to 3 straight finals.

Finally you admit it! Argentina has failed Messi far far far more than Messi has failed Argentina.

out of here. You make it sound like soccer is basketball. Lol

Misty fanboys at best

My Team
    FC Barcelona
    Post Count
    out of here. You make it sound like soccer is basketball. Lol

Misty fanboys at best
    Nope, unlike basketball one man can not beat an entire team. If Higuain didn't bottle every single shot he ever took for Argentina Messi would have had 3 NT trophies

FACT

Nope, unlike basketball one man can not beat an entire team. If Higuain didn't bottle every single shot he ever took for Argentina Messi would have had 3 NT trophies

FACT
    Misty fanboys.

My Team
    Real Madrid CF
    Post Count
    Let's blame everybody but Missi

My Team
    Germany
    Post Count

Finally come on son you know I'm trolling 100% in here. Even a 2nd grader can see that Argentina has failed midget. Had he played for spain his NT career would've been absolutely ridiculous .. they would be overwhelming favorites to have rang 08/10/12/14/16/18/20, tbh missi and spain were meant to be.

EDIT: that being said messi needs leadership he doesn't go BICK COKED OUT ALPHA AS like diego. That didn't give a .

My Team
    FC Barcelona
    Post Count
    Finally come on son you know I'm trolling 100% in here. Even a 2nd grader can see that Argentina has failed midget. Had he played for spain his NT career would've been absolutely ridiculous .. they would be overwhelming favorites to have rang 08/10/12/14/16/18/20, tbh missi and spain were meant to be.

EDIT: that being said messi needs leadership he doesn't go BICK COKED OUT ALPHA AS like diego. That didn't give a .
    true true

I think you and Spain in the WC will be an epic matchup

My Team
    Germany
    Post Count
    true true

I think you and Spain in the WC will be an epic matchup
    monster game tbh we always get the toughest bracket

My Team
    FC Barcelona
    Post Count
    monster game tbh we always get the toughest bracket
    And the tougher group stages as well

But you guys are unstoppable this decade regardless, tbh.

My Team
    Germany
    Post Count
    And the tougher group stages as well

But you guys are unstoppable this decade regardless, tbh.
    Idk about unstoppable. While talent wise this is amazing team, I'm worried that our emotional leaders are older and injured (neuer, khedira, muller)... ozil has a great heart but the heart of a boy, he doesn't have the sacrifice and leadership traits of a leader, draxler is young .... Tbh people don't understand that not talent but mental strength will be the most important for contenders. Especially for us since it'll be very hard in Russia (press, interview, history, eu-russia relations, fans booing, etc).

Talent without sacrifice, integrity and effort is nothing, look at france in '00/spain before xavi/italy right now/brasil in '10-now/argentina right now ... talent is not the problem. Teams need talent that is also willing to sacrifice touches/position/image/health while having their mind 100% in the game .. that's rare.

EDIT: this is why I'm pissed out the modern game, to many pussies, to many pampered stars, to many "i'm to valuable to fight". Hence high skill but unemotional games. And when emotional games happen today's players can't control their emotions (germany-italy in '16, argentina in finals, france since '00, brasil). Imo the best games are the dramatic heart-breaking ones, where everybody is 110%, like say germany-italy in '06.. that's why I can only REALLY enjoy NT games now.

EDIT2: this is also the reason for which I can never put messi over diego. Diego was 110% in, it didn't matter that his body was falling apart, he was 110% MOTHER ING IN.
    Last edited by dfens; 03-29-2018 at 02:59 PM.

My Team
    CA River Plate
    Post Count
    The guy that has headbutt Zizou as his GOAT complaining about "today's players not being able to control their emotions"

My Team
    Germany
    Post Count
    The guy that has headbutt Zizou as his GOAT complaining about "today's players not being able to control their emotions"
    he was the emotional leader of teams that : rang in '98, rang in '00, sucked massively in '02 without him, came out of retirement to lead talented but weak team to penaldos in the world cup ... 3 goals in finals ALONE, many more in key knockout games.... yes the headbutt will always be there but overall that's a GOAT leadership record. man up and accept it, no player today would take on so much pressure and constantly lead to success, as zidane did. none. now get off my lawn tbh.

My Team
    FC Barcelona
    Post Count
    Idk about unstoppable. While talent wise this is amazing team, I'm worried that our emotional leaders are older and injured (neuer, khedira, muller)... ozil has a great heart but the heart of a boy, he doesn't have the sacrifice and leadership traits of a leader, draxler is young .... Tbh people don't understand that not talent but mental strength will be the most important for contenders. Especially for us since it'll be very hard in Russia (press, interview, history, eu-russia relations, fans booing, etc).

Talent without sacrifice, integrity and effort is nothing, look at france in '00/spain before xavi/italy right now/brasil in '10-now/argentina right now ... talent is not the problem. Teams need talent that is also willing to sacrifice touches/position/image/health while having their mind 100% in the game .. that's rare.

EDIT: this is why I'm pissed out the modern game, to many pussies, to many pampered stars, to many "i'm to valuable to fight". Hence high skill but unemotional games. And when emotional games happen today's players can't control their emotions (germany-italy in '16, argentina in finals, france since '00, brasil). Imo the best games are the dramatic heart-breaking ones, where everybody is 110%, like say germany-italy in '06.. that's why I can only REALLY enjoy NT games now.

EDIT2: this is also the reason for which I can never put messi over diego. Diego was 110% in, it didn't matter that his body was falling apart, he was 110% MOTHER ING IN.
    I worry about Germany's strike force but let's see, I think you guys are top 2 for the WC worst case if not #1.

Dfens, how about a 2-1 bet that Germany doesnt get past the Quarters?

You are so confident so Im sure you will take it son.

200 dollars.

You win I give you 200.

I win you give me 400

My Team
    FC Barcelona
    Post Count

200 dollars.

You win I give you 200.

I win you give me 400

Who do you see knocking Germany out in the quarters?

My Team
    Germany
    Post Count

200 dollars.

You win I give you 200.

I win you give me 400

son I'd take that in a heartbeat for 2000 tbh: we can only run into costa rica/swiss/serbia/england/belgium/tunisia/panama/tunisia/poland/senegal/colombia/japan. anybody would take this bet.
    on the other hand I'm not giving my banking details here, so quit reaching you scammer

Thread Information