Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    My Team
    Minnesota T'Wolves
    Post Count
    Downloaded Fortnite yesterday. I like third person shooters. Played socom series quite a bit. Haven't played much lately except PVZ garden warfare with my boys the last three months. Anyway, Fortnite seems fun. I just can't believe how much better everyone is than me. I feel like Brooks on Shawshank when he left prison. I need a game that matches based on level. Seems like Im always running in the open trying to get ahead of the storm.

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Downloaded Fortnite yesterday. I like third person shooters. Played socom series quite a bit. Haven't played much lately except PVZ garden warfare with my boys the last three months. Anyway, Fortnite seems fun. I just can't believe how much better everyone is than me. I feel like Brooks on Shawshank when he left prison. I need a game that matches based on level. Seems like Im always running in the open trying to get ahead of the storm.

You get old and your reaction time goes to . I used to be great at online shooters 15-20 years ago with games like Unreal Tournament, Quake III Arena, even in the early COD games, but twitch shooters are young peoples' games. Oh well, saves me from having to buy Playstation Plus at least.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    that Shawshank analogy is true

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Lol..

I have played fortnite maybe about 10 times. I have not killed a single player.

Lol..

Sadly, when you reach 30 you are going to have to rely on single player games to enjoy gaming.

I cannot grok its fullnes leemajors's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    they've just played way more, or you're on console getting mowed down like you should be

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm like Level 27... it just takes practice, tbh...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You just have to change your tactics. I don't mind camping in COD for a kill streak

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That's the way online shooters go.. you're always gonna have dudes that wake up at Mom's after a 2 hour power nap, pound their 32 oz Monster or 2 Adderall and play with their buddies all ing day. There's no way around it other than practice like a mf (which I don't have time for) or die a lot. Either way I still have a good time as long as the game mechanics are fun and cheating isn't rampant.. (not sure of the amount of cheaters on either of these two POS games)

Tbh, I prefer co-op mission based multiplayer these days. Maybe if the next Battlefield returns to an interesting setting I'd get back to trying to be good online.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What everybody else said. Getting slaughtered by kids over and over is not fun to me. If a game doesn't have a start and a finish, I don't bother any more. Even then, my game time is limited.

My Team
    Minnesota T'Wolves
    Post Count
    I don't think it's my RT. kids today are that much better than ten, twenty years ago. You can't camp in Fortnite with the circle closing in every few minutes. I think I averaged one kill per every 2 or 3 games.

My Team
    Minnesota T'Wolves
    Post Count
    Found out this afternoon that it's actually a fun game if you don't play it at night. Had a two kill game that should have been a three. My 6 yr old got two kills in the first hour and a half. Need to be playing against those after school kids. Hahaha

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You just have to change your tactics. I don't mind camping in COD for a kill streak
    coward

(I've done that too)

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Me too. I’ve played Arkham Asylum, City, and Origins all the way through. Just last week I popped in Knight. Played for like 10 minutes just said, I dont have time for this, and turned it off.

I did however enjoy the Batman telltale game.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don't think it's my RT. kids today are that much better than ten, twenty years ago. You can't camp in Fortnite with the circle closing in every few minutes. I think I averaged one kill per every 2 or 3 games.
    No, it's your reaction time. It gets slower as we age. Drink an energy drink and you will notice an improvement.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    tbh...

only time i straight up camped was when i was going for my first MOAB in MW3

i was a pretty die hard fan of the series from world at war through black ops 2.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Me too. I’ve played Arkham Asylum, City, and Origins all the way through. Just last week I popped in Knight. Played for like 10 minutes just said, I dont have time for this, and turned it off.

Lol I stopped playing both Asylum and City halfway through

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

You filthy, filthy casual..

But I'm with you 100% on the Arkham .. I bootlegged Knight and played 10 mins, and haven't fired it up since.. I'll get to it.. eventually

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You filthy, filthy casual..

But I'm with you 100% on the Arkham .. I bootlegged Knight and played 10 mins, and haven't fired it up since.. I'll get to it.. eventually
    I’ve always kinda liked these type of games. First one I ever played was Full Throttle way back in the day.

Still remember it like it was yesterday...”Ripburger you’re dumber than dirt!”

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    But I'm with you 100% on the Arkham .. I bootlegged Knight and played 10 mins, and haven't fired it up since
    That's how I feel about the Middle Earth games, boring AF. I have heard the combat is similar, as I never played any of the Batman games.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Studies have shown that reaction time drops about 1 percent per year after the age of 24, but from what I know, the jury is still out on whether the decreased reaction times is primarily a result of aging or a combined result of aging and not consistently engaging in activities that challenge your reaction times, like sports, gaming, etc. A kid aged 16-22 will likely be active in sports and have the luxury to game everyday for at least couple of hours. A 35 year old with a career, family, etc obviously doesn't get to exercise his reaction times and hand-eye coordination as much, so it obviously atrophies over time.

Of course age plays a role, but how much? Roger Federer, at 36, is still dominating a sport that's centered around reaction time and hand-eye coordination, so I think the average mid-30 year old can probably hang with the kids online if he played/practiced enough. The fighting game legend Daigo is 36 and is still a top 5 player in the world, for instance.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I know my reaction time has gone to from what it was in my 20s. When I was playing Parappa the Rappa I think I could only get past the third or fourth level on easy. Now on Yakuza 0 I can't beat any of the dancing challenges, which are also a rhythm game.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Vision deteriorates with age too, tbh... it's not just a reaction/motor issue... fortunately, I've been an outlier so far in that area, but I know it's coming...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I know my reaction time has gone to from what it was in my 20s. When I was playing Parappa the Rappa I think I could only get past the third or fourth level on easy. Now on Yakuza 0 I can't beat any of the dancing challenges, which are also a rhythm game.
    If you're playing on an LCD through an emulator (which the ps3 would qualify as) there will definitely be lag.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If you're playing on an LCD through an emulator (which the ps3 would qualify as) there will definitely be lag.
    Nah I'm playing on PS4. Parappa may be emulated but Yakuza 0 is native.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yeah Fortnite is a rough game to play.

A few NBA players play it though and they're really good.

Gordon Hayward is like 28 and he won a match.

So maybe if you are athleticslly active you can slow the process..I dont knowm

Thread Information