Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    its from your own article, chris
    lol

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    its from your own article, chris
    I'm aware of that dummy just find it hilarious that you honed right in on it and quoted it because of the climate change thread.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm aware of that dummy just find it hilarious that you honed right in on it and quoted it because of the climate change thread.
    i honed right in on it because it's a pretty significant aspect of the article you posted.

the article is specifically focused on ozone pollution, not CO2 emissions. as warmer temperatures make it more likely to form, that's kind of a big deal.

Still Hates Small Ball Spurminator's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    California faced a $27-billion deficit when Brown took office and unemployment was 12.2%, topping 25% in some rural areas. More than 1.3 million jobs were lost in the recession, as the housing and construction industries tanked during the worst economic downturn in 50-plus years.

Today, California is running a $6-billion surplus, thanks in part to two voter-approved tax hikes, and the most recent report put the state unemployment rate at 4.3%, an all-time low. Nearly 3 million jobs have been created since the economy bottomed out, a recovery that has outpaced the rest of the country.
    http://www.latimes.com/politics/la-p...htmlstory.html

Thoughts from the natives?

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    yeah, we like it.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The cost of living is the main way issue here imho. Not sure how much of that can really be pinned down on gov Brown as those issues have predated him. The tax hikes under his watch haven’t made that aspect better but they’re hardly the cause.

As far as brown himself, my main issue with him has been the way he has gotten some of his hikes through. Back in 2012 for one of the props to raise income taxes, the pitch was that if we don’t pass it, he’s going to be forced to cut the UC budget, and made assurances that if passed, there would be a freeze on tuition hikes. The measure was also billed as temporary during a time of need.

A - holding University funding hostage is a hole play. Basically urging a lot of people in their 20’s to go vote for a taxes they’d never feel.

B - UC tuitions went up anyway

c - those hikes were made permanent in a later prop

we also increased our sales tax in a measure to bolster to metro system. I don’t know of any noticeable change in that aspect. Maybe just my area

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    More California hilarity for you TX and bankrupt red state bubbas, kickers, cosplay cowboys

With recession in the rear view, a more upbeat California looks to choose a new governor

Last edited by boutons_deux; 04-21-2018 at 03:16 PM.

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    Welcome to 3 posts later.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Welcome to 3 posts later.
    1 post later and CA liberal fiscal policy is still beating the pants off of anything fiscal conservatives have going. But hey let's try to grandstand on an extreme social liberal anecdote to miss the forest for a tree.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    More California hilarity for you TX and bankrupt red state bubbas, kickers, cosplay cowboys

With recession in the rear view, a more upbeat California looks to choose a new governor

You really are a ing idiot, I'd bet you drool at the keyboard.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    1 post later and CA liberal fiscal policy is still beating the pants off of anything fiscal conservatives have going. But hey let's try to grandstand on an extreme social liberal anecdote to miss the forest for a tree.
    Move to California.

Wait, you cannot. No one gave you a house there.

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    Grandstanding!

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    List all of the many grandstanding points I made after the inanity of the coffee issue.

Go ahead. I've got time.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    california's smog is just all the hot air escaping out the ears of all those far left losers out in that hole.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    List all of the many grandstanding points I made after the inanity of the coffee issue.

Go ahead. I've got time.
    I said let's try. You had a flurry of posts on page 1 and then whimpers.

I see you not wanting to address my central point to fixate on a characterization though.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Move to California.

Wait, you cannot. No one gave you a house there.
    I'm working to change here. When that happens you can go to Arkansas or Alabama, chubrock.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm working to change here. When that happens you can go to Arkansas or Alabama, chubrock.
    Fuzznuts, changing the world one post at a time.

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    I said let's try. You had a flurry of posts on page 1 and then whimpers.

I see you not wanting to address my central point to fixate on a characterization though.
    Well, since it was my OP, I chose to address that. Sorry it didn't meet with your approval.
    I don't disagree with your tangental point however.
    Flurry is pretty funny.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The cost of living is the main way issue here imho. Not sure how much of that can really be pinned down on gov Brown as those issues have predated him. The tax hikes under his watch haven’t made that aspect better but they’re hardly the cause.

As far as brown himself, my main issue with him has been the way he has gotten some of his hikes through. Back in 2012 for one of the props to raise income taxes, the pitch was that if we don’t pass it, he’s going to be forced to cut the UC budget, and made assurances that if passed, there would be a freeze on tuition hikes. The measure was also billed as temporary during a time of need.

A - holding University funding hostage is a hole play. Basically urging a lot of people in their 20’s to go vote for a taxes they’d never feel.

B - UC tuitions went up anyway

c - those hikes were made permanent in a later prop

we also increased our sales tax in a measure to bolster to metro system. I don’t know of any noticeable change in that aspect. Maybe just my area
    Need to build more affordable housing but the NIMBY types oppose it tbh

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Fuzznuts, changing the world one post at a time.
    Your logic is as bad as ever. Nice non sequitur.

You had better hope that SCOTUS doesn't force Abbot to remap the congressional districts here, chubrock.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It's best to decentralize it and put smaller units all over the place. NIMBY types end up with huge projects which quickly become slums.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Your logic is as bad as ever. Nice non sequitur.

You had better hope that SCOTUS doesn't force Abbot to remap the congressional districts here, chubrock.
    You'd better hope you never have to make it on your own.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You'd better hope you never have to make it on your own.
    Oh cool. More Storytime with Chubrock.

In reality the redistricting case looks like it could have serious implications for your preferred political party. Making up stories about me changes that not one whit, fattie.

California and Kansas show the lie of your fiscal ideology as well.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    They are trying here in the Central Valley where everyone is being hit the hardest. We are sooooo far off the scale as far "true cost of living in California" as far as the middle and lower classes being able to afford this place.

A couple of complexes have popped up the last few years in places where "affordable housing" generally gets placed and rent is still extremely high, up to $1,200.00 a month for 1 and 2 bedrooms in places only blocks away from straight thuggery.

The pro-Brown, pro-Left echo chamber calls it gentrification, but not even whites can afford to live there and if they could, they'd find somewhere better.

Glad the state has a surplus, glad the economy is doing fine. Now, let's get to the real issues here instead of talking about how great the state's "Data" looks when 90% of the state population is hurting.

Thread Information