Post Count
    Capitalism needs to die a fast death tbqh

Done with the NBA
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    California Wants to Teach Your Kids That Capitalism Is Racist

https://www.wsj.com/articles/califor...st-11564441342

This is why we need the electoral college.
    Capitalism needs to die a fast death tbqh
    Nice reasonable response to California pushing propaganda as education.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Was at Pier 39 today in Frisco...no human feces out in the open but definitely ing filthy and the homeless have literally taken over the lovely Embarcadero lawn. Used to be lovely, now cardboard shanties and saw a bum whip it out and piss on a tree in front of thousands of passersby. Got worse as we drove into the non-touristy parts of town. China Town was probably the cleanest part of the city today.

Oakland, on the other hand, is god damned rotten to the core, 100%. What a hole city, all of the new developments and over priced housing is all graffitied up and fenced in. The s probably are afraid to take "sanctuary" in that hole.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Was at Pier 39 today in Frisco...no human feces out in the open but definitely ing filthy and the homeless have literally taken over the lovely Embarcadero lawn. Used to be lovely, now cardboard shanties and saw a bum whip it out and piss on a tree in front of thousands of passersby. Got worse as we drove into the non-touristy parts of town. China Town was probably the cleanest part of the city today.

Oakland, on the other hand, is god damned rotten to the core, 100%. What a hole city, all of the new developments and over priced housing is all graffitied up and fenced in. The s probably are afraid to take "sanctuary" in that hole.
    Are there homeless in China Town?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

china town in LA was clean too... everywhere else was filthy and riddled with tents and piss on the ground.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Outstanding stuff as always from PJW

Done with the NBA
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Why California Must Declare A State Of Emergency On Homelessness -- Or Get A Governor Who Will

https://www.forbes.com/sites/michael...-who-will/amp/

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You have yet to even come close to proving the assertion made here, especially given the article is behind a paywall.

I call bull . Your claim, your burden of proof. Until you can prove your unicorn is real, I have no reason to believe it is.

Done with the NBA
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You have yet to even come close to proving the assertion made here, especially given the article is behind a paywall.

I call bull . Your claim, your burden of proof. Until you can prove your unicorn is real, I have no reason to believe it is.
    https://www.nytimes.com/2019/08/15/u...c-studies.html

Unicorns have a wonderful trot. Luckily for you they are trying to mass breed them.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The CA Homeless Cared For by God

California church leaders charged over forced labor, holding homeless against will

A group of Southern California church leaders were arrested on Tuesday in

a forced labor case involving homeless people who

were
    allegedly held against their will and

coerced to surrender their welfare benefits to the church.

Twelve leaders of Imperial Valley Ministries, based in El Centro, California, were arrested on

charges of conspiracy, forced labor, do ent servitude and benefits fraud,

accused of recruiting dozens of homeless people for unpaid labor by promising them free food and shelter, according to a federal indictment.

Imperial Valley Ministries has about 30 non-denominational churches across the U.S. and Mexico. Its mission is to "restore" drug addicts at faith-based group homes and raise money to open churches in other cities to do the same, according to the indictment.

The church's former pastor was among the 12 arrested.

"The indictment alleges an appalling abuse of power by church officials who preyed on vulnerable homeless people with promises of a warm bed and meals,"

U.S. Attorney Robert Brewer said in a statement Tuesday.

“These victims were held captive,
    stripped of their humble financial means,
    their identification,
    their freedom and
    their dignity."

https://abcnews.go.com/US/california-church-leaders-charged-forced-labor-holding-homeless/story?id=65524857

Praise Be To God Almighty

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/08/15/u...c-studies.html

Unicorns have a wonderful trot. Luckily for you they are trying to mass breed them.
    Sorry man. That article also doesn't seem to say what you want it to.

It would help if you were to define your terms, and expand on what you are trying to say here.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Why California Must Declare A State Of Emergency On Homelessness -- Or Get A Governor Who Will

https://www.forbes.com/sites/michael...-who-will/amp/

Very accurate article.
    The number of homeless people in LA increased from 52,765 in 2018 to 58,936. Homelessness increased by 43% in Alameda County, which includes Oakland, and 17% in San Francisco. Deaths on the street rose 76% in LA and 75% in Sacramento over the last five years. Murders and rapes involving the homeless increased by 13% and 61% between 2017 and 2018. And 2019 data show that both deaths and homicides are continuing to rise rapidly.
    Goes over all of the empty promises that Newsome made and hasn't acted on, the massive violence increase and the overly ignored concern for basic human health and sanitation. Mother ers are getting diseases in California not seen in two centuries and there's very real concern the bubonic plague will reappear in LA soon.

Democrats here absolutely loathe the homeless more than the most stereotypical conservative.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The CA Homeless Cared For by God

California church leaders charged over forced labor, holding homeless against will

A group of Southern California church leaders were arrested on Tuesday in

a forced labor case involving homeless people who

were
    allegedly held against their will and

coerced to surrender their welfare benefits to the church.

Twelve leaders of Imperial Valley Ministries, based in El Centro, California, were arrested on

charges of conspiracy, forced labor, do ent servitude and benefits fraud,

accused of recruiting dozens of homeless people for unpaid labor by promising them free food and shelter, according to a federal indictment.

Imperial Valley Ministries has about 30 non-denominational churches across the U.S. and Mexico. Its mission is to "restore" drug addicts at faith-based group homes and raise money to open churches in other cities to do the same, according to the indictment.

The church's former pastor was among the 12 arrested.

"The indictment alleges an appalling abuse of power by church officials who preyed on vulnerable homeless people with promises of a warm bed and meals,"

U.S. Attorney Robert Brewer said in a statement Tuesday.

“These victims were held captive,
    stripped of their humble financial means,
    their identification,
    their freedom and
    their dignity."

https://abcnews.go.com/US/california-church-leaders-charged-forced-labor-holding-homeless/story?id=65524857

Praise Be To God Almighty

Sounds like they were practicing imperialism.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    despite having the largest economy on the planet our country still cant provide healthcare to all its citizens

lol

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

It is.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Everyone feel good? Everyone feel better about the place where they live?

Good.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I dont blame them for mitigating risk because of California's inverse condemnation laws.
    Last edited by CosmicCowboy; 10-10-2019 at 05:26 AM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I dont blame them for mitigating risk because of California's inverse condemnation laws.
    Nah, you can't fault them for that. You can fault them for not ever reinvesting into their infrastructure and burying powerlines in these high-risk areas like every other utility in the state has done. You can fault them for the dozens of conflicts of interest with state politicians sitting on their board and allowing them to continue their negligent practices and massive rate increases every year.

It's a scenario that never should have happened, but due to their greed and negligence, they lost billions in lawsuits and now with massive rate increases (my energy usage is slightly lower than last summer, my bill is up 30+% than the same time last year) the pockets need to be filled before the issues are remedied the way they should have been decades prior.

Done with the NBA
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    "Everybody Is Freaking Out": Freelance Writers Scramble to Make Sense of New California Law

"As for how lawmakers settled on the 35-submission figure, Gonzalez says that she and her team decided that a weekly columnist sounded like a part-time worker and so halved that worker's yearly submissions. After protest from some freelancers, the number was bumped up to 35. "Was it a little arbitrary? Yeah. Writing bills with numbers like that are a little bit arbitrary," she says."

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/am...ia-law-1248195

Big government screwing things up with their "good intentions". I'm shocked.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    it gets worse

Thread Information