Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    ^ Relegated to riding the biggest re 's coattails.

sausage fingers.

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    ^ Relegated to riding the biggest re 's coattails.

sausage fingers.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    lol just learning about big Media
    Biased media good now.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Wow, too lazy to even go for the [derision].

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    trump says sinclair is superior to nbc. but sinclair owns over 30 nbc stations

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I've had issues with local news since long before Sinclair started working its way towards a virtual monopoly. Constant crime coverage reinforcing racial prejudice, very little strong coverage of municipal issues.

It's been dumbing people down for decades. But its audience is dying off so fortunately it won't be relevant much longer.
    +1

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Biased media good now.
    You're not doing it right. Just stop, please.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Sinclair TV Anchor Suddenly Begins Reading News in Russian

AKRON, OHIO —Viewers of the Sinclair station in Akron were startled on Monday when a longtime news anchor, Carol Foyler, inexplicably began reading the evening news report in Russian.

Foyler, who is not of Russian heritage, greeted her audience with a hearty “Zdravstvuyte,” and then read the evening’s top stories entirely in her newly adopted language.

After racing through the local coverage, Foyler abruptly

segued to footage of the Russian President, Vladimir Putin, admiring the launch of his nation’s highly touted new Satan-2 missile.

Viewers flooded the station with complaints, with many expressing alarm that, in the words of one audience member, “something was up with Carol.”

“Maybe she’s taking Russian classes in her spare time, or something like that,” Harland Dorrinson, a loyal viewer of the Sinclair station, said.

“Still, it made it really hard to understand the weather.”

Responding to the outpouring of concern about her, Foyler later issued the following English-language statement:

“I am being treated well here. My loved ones need not worry.

https://www.newyorker.com/humor/borowitz-report/sinclair-tv-anchor-suddenly-begins-reading-news-in-russian

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You're not doing it right. Just stop, please.
    MEDIA GIANT SINCLAIR HIRED REPORTER FROM RUSSIAN PROPAGANDA OUTLET RT WHO PRODUCED ‘MUST-RUN’ ‘DEEP STATE’ SEGMENT

The United States' largest owner of television stations, Sinclair Broadcast Group, mandated that its outlets run a segment on the so-called deep state that was produced by a former reporter for the Russian propaganda outlet RT, according to a new report.

The "must-run" piece aired on March 21 and featured Sebastian Gorka, the former adviser to President Donald Trump, lamenting the existence of a deep state—a popular conspiracy theory in some circles that longtime career public servants in the government are working to subvert the U.S. government. Trump has repeatedly complained about such a mysterious rogue network.

Sinclair national correspondent Kristine Frazao produced the segment. Before joining Sinclair in 2013, she was an anchor/correspondent at RT, formerly Russia Today, for more than three years, according to her LinkedIn page. RT is an international television network funded by the Russian government. The Columbia Journalism Review called it "the Kremlin's propaganda outlet."

http://www.newsweek.com/sinclair-bro...a-today-867029

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The problem that I have with the 'fake news' movement is that is sabotages genuine critiques of the mass media. Chomsky and Herman created a masterpiece on propaganda and the American media with "Manufacturing Consent" and it certainly indicted major news outlets or papers, such as The New York Times. Trump does something similar (without the analysis, evidence and research of course), but Trump contradicts himself by replacing one form of propaganda with another. In other words, in typical Trump fashion, he demonstrates his limitless hypocrisy by advocating some of the worst offenders of "fake news". Yes, in the past and even today, outlets such as CNN, MSNBC and papers such as the Washington Post protect the state and its policies by virtue of their select coverage but this has usually been due to the formers' allegiance to corporations as opposed to any state sponsored directives. Sinclair is technically corporate but their ties to Trump are so obvious that, between these broadcasts last night and Trump's deluge of tweets, we got something tantamount to what we would have seen in a dictatorship. Once again, the political spectrum drifts further and further away from any semblance of democracy.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    tick tock

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Sinclair TV stations' journalists face expensive penalties if they quit

many wondered why some of the company's journalists didn't just quit.

some Sinclair employees were subject to a liquidated damages clause for leaving before the term of their agreement was up —

one that requires they pay as much as 40% of their annual compensation to the company.

http://www.latimes.com/business/hollywood/la-fi-ct-sinclair-contracts-20180403-story.html#nws=mcnewsletter

but can they be "fired at will" in those same contracts?

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    sounds like your typical rightwing dictatorship, which is what the oligarchy strategizes for USA

Sinclair Journalists Worry They’re Being Watched: ‘There’s A Lot Held Over Us’

The Sinclair Broadcast Group handbook warns employees to have no expectation of privacy in their communications.

Sinclair employees say the company’s culture and behavior have made them particularly mindful of such policies.

“There’s a lot held over us,” a journalist at a Sinclair affiliate told HuffPost on the condition of anonymity. “They pay attention to what websites we’re on.”

The employee added Sinclair monitors its employees’ social media accounts “with a magnifying glass.”

On Tuesday, the TV News website FTLLive published an internal memo sent by the general manager of Sinclair affiliate KATU in Portland, Oregon, urging his staff to not speak with the press.

“I will also remind you that giving statements to the media or sharing negative information about the company can have huge implications,” Robert Truman, KATU’s general manager, wrote.

Sinclair employees say their parent company often pays especially close attention to its affiliates’ editorial activities,

meddling in how they present their stories and graphics, and

sometimes going so far as to delete offensive comments on an affiliate’s online articles

before that station’s own web editors have a chance to do so.

Critics say the “fake news” statement, which aired on Sinclair affiliates last month and was brought to national attention by a video produced by the sports website Deadspin, is

another example of a conservative agenda that the broadcast giant has pursued for over a decade.

Such efforts include promoting favorable coverage of Trump’s 2016 campaign and

requiring affiliates to air conservative commentaries by Boris Epshteyn, a former Trump adviser.

https://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry...gEmail__030418

So You People rightwing assholes would love to work and live in that environment? It's want Your People are planning for the entire country, when the oligarchy heading towards a one-party country.

America is ed and un able, and You People vote for it.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Holy man lmao

Thread Information