Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Board Man Comes Home Clipper Nation's Avatar
    My Team
    Los Angeles Clippers
    Post Count
    "I feel like it's easy to be the best player when you don't have good players around you. I feel like it's harder to stand out when you have great players around you," Durant told Yahoo Sports. "I pride myself on standing out wherever I am. I pride myself on working hard wherever I go. And I feel like these guys embraced me and I feel like I'm a Warrior."

https://sports.yahoo.com/kevin-duran...164105770.html

What the would Durbeta know about not having any good players around him? The only time in this clown's career that there wasn't at least one other star on his team was his rookie season.

Since it's so "easy," I'd love to see what Durbeta would do on an actual trash team like this year's Cavs. My guess is he would have lost to the Pacers.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    delusional trying to convince himself that he isn't a soft ass

Spurs fan at Princeton Ginobili2Duncan's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Like I said before we’re in an era of an NBA where the league’s generation of superstars don’t want to compete against each other. And now they expect to receive the same accolades as the game’s greatest predecessors without beating the best compe ion. Hopefully the next generation of stars don’t try this kind of crap or we’re going to continue to see significant imbalance in the NBA.

My Team
    New Orleans Hornets
    Post Count
    Stupid quote but I actually understand what he’s saying. It’s easier to put up big numbers when your teammates aren’t any good because you get to put up a ton of shots. But if you got a bunch of all stars on your team, you have to sacrifice numbers because you share production, particularly scoring. It’s still stupid to say, but I get what he’s getting at. However, he does fail to mention that even if you can put up big numbers when you don’t have great teammates, it’s much easier to win when you do.

Part of it likely him feeling insecure about criticism on the way he’s won his les. Also probably a little bit of a dig at Westbrook.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    this phuckers gotry knows no bounds.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Like I said before we’re in an era of an NBA where the league’s generation of superstars don’t want to compete against each other. And now they expect to receive the same accolades as the game’s greatest predecessors without beating the best compe ion. Hopefully the next generation of stars don’t try this kind of crap or we’re going to continue to see significant imbalance in the NBA.

Imagine Bird wanting to join the Lakers. I can't imagine it, the idea is laughable on its face.
    No League For Old Fans

The Superteam concept isn't going away, and I doubt it is a generational issue. Superteams are a marketing strategy.
    Potential basketball-as-entertainment consumers don't care about regional/traditional team rivalries. They want easily accessible and recognizable brands - that's what Superteams deliver.

I wager that GS jerseys are the number one sellers in China, and possibly worldwide.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Meh

The superteam concept has always been there.

It was done differently, but it's old as

My Team
    Houston Rockets
    Post Count
    Meh

Who has pulled the stunt like Durant has?

Board Man Comes Home Clipper Nation's Avatar
    My Team
    Los Angeles Clippers
    Post Count
    Meh

What Durbeta did is far beyond "the superteam concept." Calling the Warriors a "superteam" is an understatement.

Spurs fan at Princeton Ginobili2Duncan's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I have no problem with dominance. Shaq and Kobe’s Lakers were dominant, Jordan’s Bulls were dominant, Duncan’s Spurs were dominant. What we are currently seeing from KD and Warriors is imbalance and now they might try to make another move for a star. I’m actually surprised more NBA fans aren’t annoyed by this tbh.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Tbh...this team was the reason Lebron had to out move everyone and join Miami. That caused the out move by KD to Warriors eventually

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I have no problem with dominance. Shaq and Kobe’s Lakers were dominant, Jordan’s Bulls were dominant, Duncan’s Spurs were dominant. What we are currently seeing from KD and Warriors is imbalance and now they might try to make another move for a star. I’m actually surprised more NBA fans aren’t annoyed by this tbh.
    Most people I talked to outside of this forum hate the Warriors and I live in Charlotte which is Steph's hometown. The Warriors to me are like Justin Bieber sure Bieber has a lot of fans but he has far more haters than fans. I view the Warriors the same way hence why they get good ratings is because the large number of haters are hoping to see them fail. I have gone to other forums and fans despise them over there. The only fans that are not annoyed by the Warriors tends to be Laker fans and Lebron haters.
    Last edited by daslicer; 06-10-2018 at 02:55 PM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    delusional trying to convince himself that he isn't a soft ass

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    damn, not so subtle dig at Russ... can't believe he still holds a beef

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Meh

never at this level tho. this broke boundaries. it would be like wilt joining the celtics or barkley joining the 93 bulls. this has to be one of the raunchiest gotry in the history of ’s.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    His logic is flawed, you can't be the best until you beat the best. Is he saying the compe ion is against his teammates to see who can be the best on the team?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The thing against Durant is that he bailed on a great team without showing great leadership. LeBron left a dumpster fire on Cleveland and came back to win one. Durant will likely spend his whole prime sleep waking to multiple championships rather than show he triumphed over adversity. Weak weak weak

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    SO, when has he ever not had a great supporting cast? How would he even know what it is like to have to carry a bad team?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Tbh...this team was the reason Lebron had to out move everyone and join Miami. That caused the out move by KD to Warriors eventually
    The comparison is laughable. Had Durant left OKC to lead a new group to beat GSW, it would've been an apt comparison. Instead, Durant joined the 72-win team he couldn't beat.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    never at this level tho. this broke boundaries. it would be like wilt joining the celtics or barkley joining the 93 bulls. this has to be one of the raunchiest gotry in the history of ’s.
    I always use the example of how this would be equivalent to Duncan joining the Lakers during the summer of '02. Could you imagine how dull the league would be if you had Duncan-Shaq-Kobe all playing on the same team. That's a run of at least 5-6 les in a row.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    I always use the example of how this would be equivalent to Duncan joining the Lakers during the summer of '02. Could you imagine how dull the league would be if you had Duncan-Shaq-Kobe all playing on the same team. That's a run of at least 5-6 les in a row.
    exactly

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    "I feel like it's easy to be the best player when you don't have good players around you. I feel like it's harder to stand out when you have great players around you," Durant told Yahoo Sports. "I pride myself on standing out wherever I am. I pride myself on working hard wherever I go. And I feel like these guys embraced me and I feel like I'm a Warrior."

https://sports.yahoo.com/kevin-duran...164105770.html

What the would Durbeta know about not having any good players around him? The only time in this clown's career that there wasn't at least one other star on his team was his rookie season.

Since it's so "easy," I'd love to see what Durbeta would do on an actual trash team like this year's Cavs. My guess is he would have lost to the Pacers.

I'm so happy you have a million s up your ass right now. You're the ultimate loser. You've been on a hopping bonanza for years and years. CP3's was too short so you ran to a gay in Tammy s, his was too gay and then you ran to another midget steroid in Bron. You're such a ing sucker / guzzler. I'm glad nothing is going your way. Ya ing simp. LOL

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count

Kori's nightmare SpurOutofTownFan's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This is possible code for Lebron

My Team
    New Orleans Pelicans
    Post Count
    damn, not so subtle dig at Russ... can't believe he still holds a beef