Page 2 of 28 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast
    Still Hates Small Ball Spurminator's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Instinct to apologize without merit is a sign of weakness, or a young age.
    You can't seem to decide if you care what I have to say or if what I have to say can be disregarded because I'm young/re ed.

Make up your mind, my 12 year old brain can't keep up.

My Team
    Minnesota T'Wolves
    Post Count
    Also, the difference between asking someone if they want to order and telling customers to leave because they haven't ordered is more than a semantic difference.
    No its not, the response would be "Bathrooms are for paying customers only, We do have a small carmal mocha for only $3.29 or there is a a gas station down the block...

That's asking you to decide to order or leave. How you respond decides the next move. You refuse to give me more details that you either know or are assuming. YOu don't sound like someone that's experienced either working at a place like that or have thought about it from the other side.

How old are you and what is your occupation?

Still Hates Small Ball Spurminator's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    No its not, the response would be "Bathrooms are for paying customers only, We do have a small carmal mocha for only $3.29 or there is a a gas station down the block...

That's asking you to decide to order or leave. How you respond decides the next move. You refuse to give me more details that you either know or are assuming.
    You think I'm hiding details? Do you live in a country that blocks internet access to certain sites? I have as much access to information on this incident as as you do. You seem a lot more interested, so you probably have more info than me.

YOu don't sound like someone that's experienced either working at a place like that or have thought about it from the other side.
    It's kind of weird that you think you know better than the Starbucks CEO about how this should've been handled.

My approach would have been to ask the customers if they intended to order. I would not have assumed they were just sitting there with no intent to order. But, you're right, I've never worked at a Starbucks.

How old are you and what is your occupation?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Then, they're not wrong.
    Wrong for asking him to leave. Starbucks didn't arrest him.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    How do you think Starbucks is wrong? Youve stated that freeloaders taking up space is wrong but never explained how Starbucks is wrong. Asking skin color is mute. Assume for argument sake's that all parties (including cops and bystanders) were mixed race.
    Starbucks shouldn't have asked them to leave nor call the cops. If it takes a cup of coffee to avoid the issue, give them a cup of coffee. It's not rocket science. Skin color isn't a moot point in the conversation. When racism is cited, it usually quells that claim if the offender was of the same race.

I don't need to assume anything. It's not a hypothetical.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If they had been white ...

Any blacks on that sbux staff?

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Wrong for asking him to leave. Starbucks didn't arrest him.
    I take it you're speaking from a corporate perspective and not a legal one.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I take it you're speaking from a corporate perspective and not a legal one.
    Right and legal aren't always aligned but I was speaking from a PR angle.

My Team
    Minnesota T'Wolves
    Post Count
    You think I'm hiding details? Do you live in a country that blocks internet access to certain sites? I have as much access to information on this incident as as you do. You seem a lot more interested, so you probably have more info than me.

It's kind of weird that you think you know better than the Starbucks CEO about how this should've been handled.

My approach would have been to ask the customers if they intended to order. I would not have assumed they were just sitting there with no intent to order. But, you're right, I've never worked at a Starbucks.

I stated my summary and mentioned a couple times, correct me if i missed any details. I didn't do a thesis on this and i'm casually having a conversation. I don't have the details beyond what i stated and i'm not wasting time researching. Like i said, am I missing anything? Don't pretend certain things happened without clarifying that they did indeed happen. I'm not more interested, i just refuse to say blatant racism giving the details.

LOL at pretending i'm acting more knowledgeable than the CEO. I'm not running a PR campaign for Starbucks.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Starbucks shouldn't have asked them to leave nor call the cops. If it takes a cup of coffee to avoid the issue, give them a cup of coffee. It's not rocket science. Skin color isn't a moot point in the conversation. When racism is cited, it usually quells that claim if the offender was of the same race.

The issue is they weren't paying customers. Giving them free doesn't change that.

My Team
    Minnesota T'Wolves
    Post Count

I'm getting a free ing coffee every time if they do that. So are a lot of people.

Rumor is that Chickfila will give you your order for free if you say you forgot your wallet, after you order of course. Its being posted on the internet, I imagine it happened one time.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm getting a free ing coffee every time if they do that. So are a lot of people.

Rumor is that Chickfila will give you your order for free if you say you forgot your wallet, after you order of course. Its being posted on the internet, I imagine it happened one time.
    So you're willing to drive to Starbucks and loiter for a cup of coffee? Jesus , it's only a couple dollars.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Im sure this hapoens a lot in the thousands of starsucks stores(ppl loitering)

it happens in the starsucks across my street.

The one time that re ed manager decided to take action it made global news and backlash.

You do the math.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    anybody ever heard of Starbucks calling 911, so white people were arrested and locked up for 8 hours for hanging out at Starbucks?

My Team
    Minnesota T'Wolves
    Post Count
    anybody ever heard of Starbucks calling 911, so white people were arrested and locked up for 8 hours for hanging out at Starbucks?
    I've never heard of anyone refusing to leave or buy a cup of coffee tbh........

My Team
    Minnesota T'Wolves
    Post Count
    So you're willing to drive to Starbucks and loiter for a cup of coffee? Jesus , it's only a couple dollars.
    Not sure why this wasn't directed at those that didn't buy a cup of coffee............

Double standards based on race?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Thats pretty naive then

Of the millions and millions of Starsucks visitors you think the words “no thanks” have not been ever uttered after “would you like to order?” Question?

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Nor me, because probably WHITE sbux managers very probably wouldn't call 911/police on them, even if they did refuse to buy or leave. I also doubt if an sbux manage would even ask white guys to buy or leave.

In my local sbux, there was anomalous white guy who would sleep in comfy leather armchairs, feet on the Ottoman.

One reason he was anomalous was that he didn't look like a homeless guy, esp not in a 78209 sbux. Eventually, after several days, he was asked to leave a couple times, and IIRC, a cop did show up, but somehow it didn't make national news.

I don't know if he was arrested and held for 8 hours

One of the Philly victims asked to use the restroom? Doesn't sound very gangsta, does it.

Seems like the sbux people should have known these blacks were not up to no good, but they were black, so racist assumptions were in play.

Did the news say how long they were waiting for their friend before 911 was called? 20 mins? an hour?

Again, if they had been white ...
    Last edited by boutons_deux; 04-16-2018 at 08:34 AM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Or just let them use the public restroom

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Im sure this hapoens a lot in the thousands of starsucks stores(ppl loitering)

it happens in the starsucks across my street.

The one time that re ed manager decided to take action it made global news and backlash.

You do the math.
    Starbucks is set up to loiter.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Sbux even says their shops are "community centers", "community engaged"

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    For customers. It's a business, not a community center.

MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Buy a small cup of coffee and stop being a ing drama queen.

Buy something or GTFO.

If the Starbucks is busy, even worse.

How would the paying customer feel about having to wait on some s not ordering and taking up space. Then not s ing out 3 ing bucks for a cup of coffee.

MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You wanna chill and hang out, go the outside.

MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I understand where the CEO is coming from and trying to keep the black crowd from protesting.

But I can't understand this ing type of behavior. Maybe cause I'm ing Texan and we don't do this dumb ass .

Thread Information