Page 4 of 28 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast
    MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Just shut the up. People every day go into Starbucks just to use WiFi or to read, or to wait for a full party to arrive before ordering. It' like ing McDonald's. No manager with half a brain would accost a patron for asking to use the bathroom then escalate to calling the police over this.

You're making a dumb ass argument when the CEO of the company has already stated the exact opposite of what you said. The hate of anything darker than beige will do that.
    Almost like he is looking out for his bottom line.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Typical Liberal response.
    Typical Chris response

Done with the NBA
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Aside from your struggle with understanding what a "public restroom" means, again, the issue here is going to be discrimination.
    You seem to not understand that starbucks has the right to restrict access to their restrooms. So I asked which public restroom. You've responded with the one inside their establishment. That's the restroom they can control access to. Many restaurants do that.

Still Hates Small Ball Spurminator's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    a) ive been to places where the restroom is for customers only. not a huge fan of that, but i understand it.

b) most starbucks locations i've been to dont have that rule, and even if they did, its not like they're hyper-vigilant with enforcing it.

c) if they were going to decide to put their feet down and enforce it, they'd be much more sympathetic figures if it was an incredibly busy hour, with no room for customers, and a backed up bathroom line. the videos ive seen don't seem to imply it was that sort of cir stasnce

d) if the employee tells you to pay to use the bathroom, and you are about to have a business meeting that's going to last some time anyway, just order a in 2 dollar cup of coffee

e) not leaving a store when asked to leave... u in serious? why?

f) asking them to leave just for trying to use the bathroom on what appears to not be a very busy time? kind of a move. calling the in police because of people quietly sitting down? wholly unnecessary
    I agree with all of this. This is a situation that could have been avoided if either party had acted with a modi of respect towards the other. It doesn't seem like the customers made any effort to explain the situation. But that doesn't require the police to be called.

I have been to Starbucks and other places where the bathroom is locked with a code on it; usually in urban/downtown areas.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I hate starbucks coffee but go there to use wifi at least 1 a month. Noone has called the cops on me luckily

Done with the NBA
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Virtue signaling at it's finest folks. Perhaps you can argue that happened once at most. Being black in the Starbucks certainly doesn't equal being arrested.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Why would the guy ask to use the bathroom?

He probably just could have gone to use it and no one would have said a thing.

Or was it locked or something?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Virtue signaling at it's finest folks. Perhaps you can argue that happened once at most. Being black in the Starbucks certainly doesn't equal being arrested.
    where did you find that pic tbh?

Done with the NBA
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Some places do lock their restrooms. I've been to a McDonalds that has to hit a button for you to use the restroom.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You seem to not understand that starbucks has the right to restrict access to their restrooms. So I asked which public restroom. You've responded with the one inside their establishment. That's the restroom they can control access to. Many restaurants do that.
    You ok with restricting access based on skin color?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Yes locked

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Have seen this play out in a lot of other establishments in gas stations and urban areas, especially those with a high number of homeless. The bathrooms usually have a key lock or code to enter. Or they have a sign that says restroom is for paying customers only. I have never had an issue with buying something in a Starbucks bc I had to use the facilities. Not sure why it's being called a race thing just bc they're black. If they were orange red or green it would still be wrong to loiter without buying in a place like that imo

Done with the NBA
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    where did you find that pic tbh?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Have seen this play out in a lot of other establishments in gas stations and urban areas, especially those with a high number of homeless. The bathrooms usually have a key lock or code to enter. Or they have a sign that says restroom is for paying customers only. I have never had an issue with buying something in a Starbucks bc I had to use the facilities. Not sure why it's being called a race thing just bc they're black. If they were orange red or green it would still be wrong to loiter without buying in a place like that imo
    How many whites have ever been arrested for loitering in a Starbucks?

Done with the NBA
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You ok with restricting access based on skin color?
    When did that happen?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    When did that happen?
    Might have happened here. You okay with it if it did?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    agreed. the more pertinent question (imo) is if you think a couple of white dudes would have been equally likely to have the cops called on them

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    do you follow Melissa DePino on twitter?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Might have happened here. You okay with it if it did?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Or just let them use the public restroom
    Most Starbucks don't lock the restroom. You just use it. I guess some areas have to do extreme to maintain any level of profitability.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The issue is they weren't paying customers. Giving them free doesn't change that.
    No one is a paying customer when they walk in. You only have so many silver bullets in your life. How you use them is up to you. Was this worth it for Starbucks?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Most Starbucks don't lock the restroom. You just use it. I guess some areas have to do extreme to maintain any level of profitability.
    Plenty of urban fast food joints lock the restrooms. It's usually to discourage the undesirables from having sex or using the sink as a bathtub.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Or to use/buy drugs

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Plenty of urban fast food joints lock the restrooms. It's usually to discourage the undesirables from having sex or using the sink as a bathtub.
    I love Austin

Thread Information