Page 8 of 28 FirstFirst ... 45678910111218 ... LastLast
    My Team
    Minnesota T'Wolves
    Post Count
    Pretending that every comment is like that is funny. You on the other hand keep away from actually ever discussing your views in depth.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm betting Starbucks settles with these guys pretty quickly.
    yep, plus the city and PD are on the defensive.

Arrest and lock these guys up for 8 hours? The Cops

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You don't speak with any substance. Your full of fluff and the liners.
    Nevermind. You used the word ANYHOO. You are probably 12.
    Well he DID let someone use his wife..........
    Pretending that every comment is like that is funny. You on the other hand keep away from actually ever discussing your views in depth.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Starbucks to close all company-owned stores on the afternoon of May 29 for racial-bias education day

https://www.cnbc.com/2018/04/17/starbucks-to-close-all-stores-on-may-29-for-racial-bias-education-day.html

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    ugh...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Blake

MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    They stated their purpose. They were never charged with a crime.

Discrimination is also illegal. Based on CEO bending over backwards here, I'm betting Starbucks settles with these guys pretty quickly.
    No . He'd rather pay off some bums than have a nation wide protests by blacks.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    No . He'd rather pay off some bums than have a nation wide protests by blacks.
    And a discrimination lawsuit that he might lose.

Especially if Starbucks comes out with racial-bias education training for everyone day after the incident.

MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Especially if Starbucks comes out with racial-bias education training for everyone day after the incident.
    He already excepted the million dollar slap on the wrist instead of nation wide protesting you dumb .

It's all calculated. Doesn't want to lose his job if starbucks starts to lose money on the stock market.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

that would be inadmissible evidence tbh

the court of public opinion is a much bigger concern at this point

We've got a job to do. Darth_Pelican's Avatar
    My Team
    New Orleans Pelicans
    Post Count

Starbucks to close all company-owned stores on the afternoon of May 29 for racial-bias education day

https://www.cnbc.com/2018/04/17/starbucks-to-close-all-stores-on-may-29-for-racial-bias-education-day.html

Slideshow for the class just leaked:

MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Needs more Blonde es.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Lol

The family guy jpeg forthwith

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    that would be inadmissible evidence tbh

the court of public opinion is a much bigger concern at this point
    Lol inadmissible evidence.

Plaintiff lawyer: why did you (Starbucks) schedule a May 29th racial-bias education training the day after the incident occurred?

Defense: objection

Judge: sustained

Jury: *mental notes

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Lol inadmissible evidence.

Plaintiff lawyer: why did you (Starbucks) schedule a May 29th racial-bias education training the day after the incident occurred?

Defense: objection

Judge: sustained

Jury: *mental notes
    see, the problem is you dont know how it works

in advance of trial, a competent attorney would file whats called a motion in limine, which would ask the court to bar opposing counsel from doing a, b, and c. you get that ruling ahead of time and if its granted, opposing counsel can't bring it up. if he does, it could be grounds for a mistrial and sanctions

the race bias education would clearly be inadmissible... it's a "subsequent remedial measure"

https://www.law.cornell.edu/rules/fre/rule_407

this is the federal version of the rule... and if its brought in state court each state has its own equivalent

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    see, the problem is you dont know how it works

in advance of trial, a competent attorney would file whats called a motion in limine, which would ask the court to bar opposing counsel from doing a, b, and c. you get that ruling ahead of time and if its granted, opposing counsel can't bring it up. if he does, it could be grounds for a mistrial and sanctions
    That was just one scenario.

See, I think it's relevant evidence and can be used.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    See, I think it's relevant evidence and can be used.
    that's adorable

blake's opinion on what is relevant overrides the rules of evidence

it would be admissible only for very specific, limited uses, and none that are likely to be applicable or helpful

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    that's adorable

blake's opinion on what is relevant overrides the rules of evidence

it would be admissible only for very specific, limited uses, and none that are likely to be applicable or helpful
    It's relevant to this case because it was a direct result of the incident.

It's even more adorable you're trying to big time lawyer a scrub on a message board.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It's relevant to this case
    relevance is not the only factor when it comes to admissibility of evidence

because it was a direct result of the incident.
    that would make it a subsequent remedial measure. which is inadmissible to show culpability

It's even more adorable you're trying to big time lawyer a scrub on a message board.
    this is your white flag.

you bring up a potential lawsuit and get upset when somebody talks about law. you just talked out of your ass and are now upset that someone called you out for it.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    relevance is not the only factor when it comes to admissibility of evidence

that would make it a subsequent remedial measure. which is inadmissible to show culpability
    "Rule 406. Habit; Routine Practice

Evidence of a person’s habit or an organization’s routine practice may be admitted to prove that on a particular occasion the person or organization acted in accordance with the habit or routine practice. The court may admit this evidence regardless of whether it is corroborated or whether there was an eyewitness."

https://www.law.cornell.edu/rules/fre/rule_406

Racial sensitivity class being suddenly and incredibly necessary for thousands of employees nationwide shows recognition of a habit and routine practice prior to incident.

Motion in limine denied

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    this is your white flag.

you bring up a potential lawsuit and get upset when somebody talks about law. you just talked out of your ass and are now upset that someone called you out for it.
    or you're really upset that someone would call you wrong on lawyer stuff. Because you're a lawyer. Because you've made it very clear you're a lawyer.

Because it'd be embarrassing to be shown up by a scrub. Because you've made it clear that message board looks are important to you.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    "Rule 406. Habit; Routine Practice

Evidence of a person’s habit or an organization’s routine practice may be admitted to prove that on a particular occasion the person or organization acted in accordance with the habit or routine practice. The court may admit this evidence regardless of whether it is corroborated or whether there was an eyewitness."

https://www.law.cornell.edu/rules/fre/rule_406
    good job. you quoted habit evidence

Racial sensitivity class being suddenly and incredibly necessary for thousands of employees nationwide shows recognition of a habit and routine practice prior to incident.

Motion in limine denied
    a) "recognition" of a habit is not a habit
    b) if it is "suddenly" necessary then it is by definition NOT a habit and is thus not habit evidence

again, you're just googling and talking out of your ass. habit evidence, as you quoted, is meant to show that "on a particular occasion the person or organization acted in accordance with the habit or routine practice"

for example, if you want to prove in a car accident case, that the defendant DID use his turn signal, you could have a witness (say, somebody who has carpooled with him hundreds of times) to say "yeah, i know for sure bob ALWAYS uses his turn signal, without fail." even though the witness might not have been in the car during the actual incident in question, you can provide evidence that the person/organization has a general habit, that can be inferred to mean he probably acted in accordance with that habit on this particular occasion

whether the jury buys it is a different question, but the testimonial evidence of the habit (always using the turn signal) would be allowed over an objection
    Last edited by spurraider21; 04-17-2018 at 04:58 PM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    or you're really upset that someone would call you wrong on lawyer stuff. Because you're a lawyer. Because you've made it very clear you're a lawyer.

Because it'd be embarrassing to be shown up by a scrub. Because you've made it clear that message board looks are important to you.

its totally not a big deal for somebody who is not a lawyer to make a mistake. when pointed out, you could either have said "oh, ok, i didnt know that" or you could be a moron and continue to talk out of your ass.

that much is up to you

Thread Information