Page 20 of 20 FirstFirst ... 101617181920
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Air Alamo

Spurs Rumors: San Antonio could possibly reunite with Jonathon Simmons
    by Andrew Ites11h ago

San Antonio could use some extra depth on the wing this season, and the Spurs rumors of a reunion with Jonathon Simmons could help solve that problem.
    According to Sean Deveney of the Sporting News, former San Antonio swingman Jonathon Simmons will be on the trade market this season which has fired up the mill of Spurs rumors as we near the trade deadline.

Simmons emerged as a versatile wing during his two seasons in San Antonio, but he’s been a disappointment in Orlando after they signed him as a free agent in the summer of 2017.

Simmons’ playing time has decreased as he’s fallen out of the Magic’s starting lineup this season, and it looks like they’re willing to move on from him.

The Spurs don’t have much depth behind Rudy Gay at the wing position, and we’ve seen the team struggle a bit when he’s been sidelined with injuries twice this season.

What would a Jonathon Simmons trade look like, does he fit in the current iteration of the Spurs, and what would San Antonio have to give up in a potential deal?

This is an interesting idea that would address the lack of depth in the wing position especially with RG22's injury issues. This would be a quick answer to this matter instead of holding out for Austin Spurs 2-way player, Ben Moore or Josh Huestis, to get aclamated to NBA level of playing as well as learning the Spurs' system. Now, I would be surprised if this were to happen since JS17 seemed to have left on not so favorable terms. And, who would they give up for him? My guess is that SAS will stand pat with a remote chance that Moore or Huestis gets called up, unless RG22 suffers from a major injury that would sideline him indefinitely, then one of those GLeague players may be called up or unless SAS feels desperate enough to make a move for JSimms or another player as a 2nd option. GSG!!!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Air Alamo

Spurs Rumors: San Antonio could possibly reunite with Jonathon Simmons
    by Andrew Ites11h ago

San Antonio could use some extra depth on the wing this season, and the Spurs rumors of a reunion with Jonathon Simmons could help solve that problem.
    According to Sean Deveney of the Sporting News, former San Antonio swingman Jonathon Simmons will be on the trade market this season which has fired up the mill of Spurs rumors as we near the trade deadline.

Simmons emerged as a versatile wing during his two seasons in San Antonio, but he’s been a disappointment in Orlando after they signed him as a free agent in the summer of 2017.

Simmons’ playing time has decreased as he’s fallen out of the Magic’s starting lineup this season, and it looks like they’re willing to move on from him.

The Spurs don’t have much depth behind Rudy Gay at the wing position, and we’ve seen the team struggle a bit when he’s been sidelined with injuries twice this season.

What would a Jonathon Simmons trade look like, does he fit in the current iteration of the Spurs, and what would San Antonio have to give up in a potential deal?

This is an interesting idea that would address the lack of depth in the wing position especially with RG22's injury issues. This would be a quick answer to this matter instead of holding out for Austin Spurs 2-way player, Ben Moore or Josh Huestis, to get aclamated to NBA level of playing as well as learning the Spurs' system. Now, I would be surprised if this were to happen since JS17 seemed to have left on not so favorable terms. And, who would they give up for him? My guess is that SAS will stand pat with a remote chance that Moore or Huestis gets called up, unless RG22 suffers from a major injury that would sideline him indefinitely, then one of those GLeague players may be called up or unless SAS feels desperate enough to make a move for JSimms or another player as a 2nd option. GSG!!!
    nice

Dejounte, White & THE IV Truth4sale$'s Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I would love to see Simmons return, but the Spurs only asset they could possibly unload is Gasol or Mills in a trade. I dont see Orlando taking either without adding a 1st round pick. Which is a bad deal. Better to sit tight.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I would love to see Simmons return, but the Spurs only asset they could possibly unload is Gasol or Mills in a trade. I dont see Orlando taking either without adding a 1st round pick. Which is a bad deal. Better to sit tight.
    Patty Mills to the Magic makes senses. They need a PG and a leader. Unfortunately, the Spurs would never trade him for Simmons.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Patty Mills to the Magic makes senses. They need a PG and a leader. Unfortunately, the Spurs would never trade him for Simmons.
    Moving deck chairs around on 2 anics. However, Orlando needs Patty more than we need a player who is not a true (or good) SF. Pass.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    no to Simmons, get Terrence Ross. Works better salary wise too

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Simmons might be able to negotiate a buyout if he's willing to give up that million for next year. He'd be able to earn that bad with the right performance anyway. I assume he'd go to the Lakers is any place though. Also don't think he'd get regular minutes in SA.

Govt, stay away!
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Keep Simmons and his locker room at ude ass out of SA.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Not a huge fan of Ingram, but Brandon for Murray makes much more sense than trying to trade him for awful Hood. Ingram has good size and play-making already. He's been overrated because he is a Laker, but when it comes to trying to hit on a cheap forward, that is an ideal scenario. Of course, LAL wouldn't do the trade, because Ingram has more value than Murray does.
    Specially an injured Murray.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    BUMP - I'm also done with the DeFrozen era - one of your main perimeter players has to be a threat from 3 in today's game.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    BUMP - I'm also done with the DeFrozen era - one of your main perimeter players has to be a threat from 3 in today's game.
    Agree, and your other stars can’t essentially be the DDR of their positions (Gay and LMA). Too much redundancy, too manu shrinking violets.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    man let's be grateful we didn't make a trade at the deadline. "we like what we have"

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Don't worry guys, they still have Marco under contract, he'll be the backup small forward to our starting small forward DeRozan.

Did you guys forget that DeRozan is an ALL-STAR?

Between DeRozan and Marco the small forward position is on lockdown.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Spurs better add more true SFs through either free agency and/or the draft.

Thread Information