Page 7 of 20 FirstFirst ... 3456789101117 ... LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Evans can't be traded until 12/15, so no, there's nothing cooking on that front.
    Well turns out San Antonio is not the only one that's like the army.

Indiana detailing Evans to cleaning floors or something... On detention.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    using a 4 game sample size... simmons can bring something to a basketball team. brandon paul doesn't. simmons playing too big a role will be exposed... that's what happened with patty too. patty always played well in his microwave role. he got exposed when we started playing him absurd minutes.

brandon paul isn't an NBA talent

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Don't know who you taking about, but if it's me, I'm using 4 seasons of sample size with Simmons, tbh.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    using a 4 game sample size...
    Are you serious? You're way too active on this forum to not know the Simmons thread that was bumped all last year where we went over his numbers for his whole career. He's NEVER been good. He's always been a flashy guy with a negative impact.

at you acting like Orlando was trying to put Simmons in some big role. They weren't. He's like a consistent fourth option and is ty at it.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Don't know who you taking about, but if it's me, I'm using 4 seasons of sample size with Simmons, tbh.
    https://www.basketball-reference.com...01&idx=players

Simmons has been effin' terrible this year (like absolutely as bad as Patty). I'd much rather than Paul right now than Jon.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Are you serious? You're way too active on this forum to not know the Simmons thread that was bumped all last year where we went over his numbers for his whole career. He's NEVER been good. He's always been a flashy guy with a negative impact.

at you acting like Orlando was trying to put Simmons in some big role. They weren't. He's like a consistent fourth option and is ty at it.
    huh? he averaged over 29 minutes per game last year, coming off seasons averaging 15 and 18 minutes with the spurs. he led the magic in minutes played for the entire season

his usage was also marginally higher last year than his spurs years

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    huh? he averaged over 29 minutes per game last year, coming off seasons averaging 15 and 18 minutes with the spurs. he led the magic in minutes played for the entire season

his usage was also marginally higher last year than his spurs years
    So his usage was only a little better on an injury-riddled team than it was on a contending team where he was a clear 8th-10th man? That doesn't sound like someone who was doing more. He just played more than guys who missed 25-plus games last year.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So his usage was only a little better on an injury-riddled team than it was on a contending team where he was a clear 8th-10th man? That doesn't sound like someone who was doing more. He just played more than guys who missed 25-plus games last year.
    being a 20% usage player for 15 mpg is very different than being a 20% usage player for 30 mpg

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    being a 20% usage player for 15 mpg is very different than being a 20% usage player for 30 mpg
    Yeah, I guess Simmons got tired more often? We're not talking about a guy whose efficiency dropped a little. We're talking about a dude who failed to impact games positively despite his athleticism and highlight plays. As bad as the Magic were, they were better without him. That says a lot, especially for someone who said he felt stifled with his previous team.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I still think Otto Porter Jr. could be had since Grunfield is a horrible GM (I'm from MD, I would know), the Wizards already have a million SFs and no real depth at other positions, and they are way over the cap so have no real way of fixing this outside of trades.

Him playing with Wall and Beal his whole career has really deflated his stats. He would break out with the Spurs.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I want Middleton and Millsap as a forward duo. Sign Stanley Johnson and let him work on his shot with chip

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Chris Singleton would be a good option

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I still think Otto Porter Jr. could be had since Grunfield is a horrible GM (I'm from MD, I would know), the Wizards already have a million SFs and no real depth at other positions, and they are way over the cap so have no real way of fixing this outside of trades.

Him playing with Wall and Beal his whole career has really deflated his stats. He would break out with the Spurs.
    The wizards will most likely be sellers a and they'll probably fall in love with oubre.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Agreed. Gasol, Mills (preferably) or Gay, lottery protected '19 1st, probably gets it done. The Wizards would gain a lot of cap relief, a useful rotational piece (either of which they could use) and a pick.

If the Spurs could give up their Mills fetish, Porter's bloated salary could be viewed in this light: Instead of paying Mills, Gasol's quasi-expiring and the MLE on an SF over the next 2-3 years, it would all essentially be consolidated into one much needed player.

They have enough young, inexpensive depth for it, none of them are due to get paid in the next 2 years and Porter's 3rd year is a p/o. At that point, they could try to get him to pull a Jefferson: opt out and secure more long term money at a more palatable average annual value.

My Team
    Toronto Raptors
    Post Count
    wrong thread.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    2 words. Nassir Little. Get him at all cost. Tank the season. Trade whoever. Got megastar written all over him. NBA ready with length, 3s and bbiq. Makes kawhi look like a chump if he doesn't already. LeBron level.

You heard it here first.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    2 words. Nassir Little. Get him at all cost. Tank the season. Trade whoever. Got megastar written all over him. NBA ready with length, 3s and bbiq. Makes kawhi look like a chump if he doesn't already. LeBron level.

You heard it here first.
    He screams after he dunks. Pop would never draft him

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Pop will tame him. If not, time for someone to retire...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    ing Rudy Gay goes out and the cards castle goes to .

I'm so glad PATFO thought Bellinelli was the player we were needing during the offseason.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Having to start Dante ing Cunningham because you didn't realize in time that you didn't have a single decent wing on your roster.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Nahhhhhhh homie, the Spurs zig when the league zags... what a job done by PATFO

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    also having only one nba level big sucks. Gasol "i need to rest" isn't going to cut it, especially when LMA goes full diva like tonight

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If Manu would have stayed, he would be the closest thing we would have to a 3 and D wing. Have you realized that?
    Last edited by DAF86; 11-07-2018 at 10:26 PM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Don't forget RC paying Masai 5mil to get ing bent over

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Don't forget RC paying Masai 5mil to get ing bent over
    Wait, what? Did we also have to send money consideration to the Raptors?

Thread Information